DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drones in The Algarve-Portugal

choo choo

Reactions
I will check with the airline (jet2) if they allow drones on planes from the U.K. But does anyone know if they are allowed past Portuguese customs. This will be the first time I’ve attempted to take her abroad and don’t want to risk losing her to some official who fancies he wants a drone to flog on eBay

I will check with the airline (jet2) if they allow drones on planes from the U.K. But does anyone know if they are allowed past Portuguese customs. This will be the first time I’ve attempted to take her abroad and don’t want to risk losing her to some official who fancies he wants a drone to flog on eBay
You should call both airports and check the regulations of the country

You should call both airports and check the regulations of the country

Thank you for the reply. It seems that there is no issue with getting the drone on and off a plane...the problem comes when flying in Portugal. As long as I don’t fly over 120metres, over more than 12 people (this is what they term a crowd), within restricted airspace And my drone is under a certain weight I’m ok. However they seem to have a different department for each. So if I want to fly above 120metres I have to gain permission from one dept, if I want to fly over a beach, it’s a different dept, if I want to fly standing in my underpants, it’s another dept and so on. The last one I made up, but you get the drift. Oh and you have to get permission at least 12 days before you intend to fly from all the departments. Sooo I’ve emailed them, for the relevant permission, just in case my flight accidentally takes me above 120metres or above more than 12 people, or near a beach restricted airspace etc.I don’t fancy playing “hunt the soap in the showers” in a Portuguese jail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caliglas