Join Us Now

DroneViewer PRO - Black Friday deal!

wanderer

Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mydroneviewer.com
DroneViewer software for Mac or Windows combines your Mavic video footage with visual data such as your drone’s mapped GPS location, speed, geotags, and more. Through Sunday, DroneViewer PRO is 20% off using coupon code BLACK21.

DroneViewer_Laptop.png

DroneViewer software for Mac or Windows combines your Mavic video footage with visual data such as your drone’s mapped GPS location, speed, geotags, and more. Through Sunday, DroneViewer PRO is 20% off using coupon code BLACK21.

DroneViewer_Laptop.png
Is this the same as DroneViewer Plus?

I went to the DrownViewer sight and wish it had more information. I'm trying to figure out why I would want to load more file than one at once. I'm sure I'm missing something. Number of geopoints is also something I don't think I understand. Can this video playback be rendered with the information present? $45 is not a lot to make the information easy to display. Trying to think of applications.

Im being told that the information cannot be displayed on the video, which makes this kind of dud.
The website is not very clear and confusing as to why you need to upload the video at all unless its just to see the map.

I watched the whole video and still did not understand any of it. lol

Videos | DroneViewer | Watch Videos to Learn More

Watching thread.
Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Last edited:
Reactions: SmilingOgre
Is the paid version allowing you to save in the video the overlap data?

Reactions: SmilingOgre
Running windows version caused my machine to crash and your forced to download the K pac codec that is littered with spam. No go for me...

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

I have the same issue with a black screen when trying to play raw videos. Is codec issue. Apparently you need a codec for H.265. Should be included for the price since the product is just a player.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have the same issue with a black screen when trying to play raw videos. Is codec issue. Apparently you need a codec for H.265. Should be included for the price since the product is just a player.
No doubt. I have H265 codecs for Premiere Pro and Davinci Resolve but I doubt they would work native with MicroSlop. Doesn't sound good at all.

Microsoft sell the codec for .99 cents

Gents, thanks for your feedback and I apologize for the trouble you're having.

I'm scratching my head as to how the software could possibly freeze your system. We've literally sold thousands of licenses of DroneViewer and Dashcam Viewer and this is the first time I've heard of a computer freeze. That said, let me address some of the questions:

Regarding codecs: On Windows, DroneViewer uses the Microsoft DirectShow video backend. MS is somewhat lame in that they don't provide common video codecs with DS. Users must install codecs themselves. The K-Lite Codec Pack is a 3rd party source for codecs. The free Basic version of the K-Lite installer will install the necessary codecs, but makes you suffer through some ads in the installer. Just ignore those and do the basic installation. BTW, I recommend H.264 over H.265 (HEVC) because older computers may not have the horsepower required to perform the decoding.

Overlays: DroneViewer is a viewer, not a re-renderer (like RaceRender). The advantage of being a viewer is that you can see your video and data immediately after you load the video. There is no need to re-render the video with data overlays (often a time-consuming step). You can also interact with the playback by clicking in either the Map trajectory or Graph to jump to those specific points in the video. If you notice something interesting in the video, you can drop a marker on the map and export that location for further examination.

System Requirements: For the PC, we recommend i7 or better class processor with 16 GB or RAM and Win10. Windows systems are often a hodge podge of OS, hardware, video adapters, drivers. This makes it difficult to diagnose individual problems. Be sure you have your drivers up-to-date as video driver issues are frequently the cause of system lockups. For Mac, macOS 10.14 is required and 2016+ h/w is recommended.

Applications: The two videos below show examples of DroneViewer in use.

One more thing: Be sure to enabled "Video Captions" in the Go or Fly app. Without video captions ON, the navigation data won't be saved to SRT file and DroneViewer won't be able to geolocate your drone.

Reactions: mcarlsen111
Gents, thanks for your feedback and I apologize for the trouble you're having.

I'm scratching my head as to how the software could possibly freeze your system. We've literally sold thousands of licenses of DroneViewer and Dashcam Viewer and this is the first time I've heard of a computer freeze. That said, let me address some of the questions:

Regarding codecs: On Windows, DroneViewer uses the Microsoft DirectShow video backend. MS is somewhat lame in that they don't provide common video codecs with DS. Users must install codecs themselves. The K-Lite Codec Pack is a 3rd party source for codecs. The free Basic version of the K-Lite installer will install the necessary codecs, but makes you suffer through some ads in the installer. Just ignore those and do the basic installation. BTW, I recommend H.264 over H.265 (HEVC) because older computers may not have the horsepower required to perform the decoding.

Overlays: DroneViewer is a viewer, not a re-renderer (like RaceRender). The advantage of being a viewer is that you can see your video and data immediately after you load the video. There is no need to re-render the video with data overlays (often a time-consuming step). You can also interact with the playback by clicking in either the Map trajectory or Graph to jump to those specific points in the video. If you notice something interesting in the video, you can drop a marker on the map and export that location for further examination.

System Requirements: For the PC, we recommend i7 or better class processor with 16 GB or RAM and Win10. Windows systems are often a hodge podge of OS, hardware, video adapters, drivers. This makes it difficult to diagnose individual problems. Be sure you have your drivers up-to-date as video driver issues are frequently the cause of system lockups. For Mac, macOS 10.14 is required and 2016+ h/w is recommended.

Applications: The two videos below show examples of DroneViewer in use.

One more thing: Be sure to enabled "Video Captions" in the Go or Fly app. Without video captions ON, the navigation data won't be saved to SRT file and DroneViewer won't be able to geolocate your drone.
great info! Interesting tool vs rendering

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer