DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Droning under the influence

pzaz

Reactions
I wonder if any one has lost or damaged their Mavic flying it after having a few beers or a bottle of good red wine? You know the scenario.......friends come around, have a few beers then....get yer drone out and before you know it it’s stuck in a tree.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
Droning under the influence, it's like driving a car after drinking a lot of beers... You can have an accident. However, if it was only a few beers it's safe. I had a few beers before and never felt drunk.

Reactions: pzaz
A big problem would be that you have to climb the tree while drunk to go get it out. :cool:

All kidding aside, I discourage anyone from flying or operating a drone while impaired. Impaired doesnt necessarily mean intoxicated, it means losing motor skills, hand-eye coordination and functionality, and judgment. 1 beer to one person who weighs 90 pounds could impair them and legally intoxicate them.

Part 107 pilots have the same legal responsibility as full scale pilots do when it comes to consuming alcoholic beverages prior to flight. You cant fly for at least 8 hours after consuming an alcoholic beverage. FAR 91.17

Last edited:
Reactions: pzaz and dirkclod
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J