DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drop because of video stop

Enrico

Reactions
Hello community,

I'm new here, I hope to find some help after I couldn't find anything helpful in Google.

At my last flight I used my mavic pro platinum as a trypod, the whole flight I just had it hovering in front of my girlfriend and me to get a few photos.

After we were done I took the remote again and pressed the video stopp button on the screen. Right in that moment when I touched that button all 4 propeller stopped and it fell down.

As it was just 1.5 m high and out of coincidence the tarp of my roof top tent was underneath at the very same spot noting was visible damaged.

I should mention that I still had live video signal on my phone after it fell down.

I set it on a flat ground after that and started the propeller with the controller combination to see if the motors still work. Whitout launching I pressed the record button, waited a litle and pressed just like before the stop button on the screen to test if the propeller stop again but they didn't.

What should I do now as the drone can't be trusted anymore and I'd have a hard time using it like I used to, especially flying it over water ec. as I never know if that happens again.

DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

I hope I've done it right had to look it up first how it's done.

The FC cut the motors at 930.5 seconds due to an ESC stall condition:

Graph0.png

That was 0.5 seconds after the video stop command, so it is not definitive that those were related. The cause of the ESC stall isn't clear - there was no motor blocked condition reported.

The mobile device DAT file ending FLY048.DAT may shed more light on the problem.

The FC cut the motors at 930.5 seconds due to an ESC stall condition:

View attachment 101419

That was 0.5 seconds after the video stop command, so it is not definitive that those were related. The cause of the ESC stall isn't clear - there was no motor blocked condition reported.

The mobile device DAT file ending FLY048.DAT may shed more light on the problem.

What is a ESC stall condition and where do you see that (just want to learn)?

Found the DAT file, unfortunately it is to big to upload it here so i uploaded it in my drive 20-05-12-05-09-06_FLY048.DAT

Thanks for your help so far!!

What is a ESC stall condition and where do you see that (just want to learn)?

Found the DAT file, unfortunately it is to big to upload it here so i uploaded it in my drive 20-05-12-05-09-06_FLY048.DAT

Thanks for your help so far!!

Strange behavior from the left front ESC:

930.537 : 49027 [L-FMU/MOTOR]fault on , esc(2) is stall​
930.540 : 49027 [L-FMU/MOTOR] Stop. reason:motor stall near ground​
930.541 : 49027 [L-FMU/FSM]state changed. cur: motor off​

Looking at the reported motor currents shows something definitely amiss:

Graph1.png

The left front ESC is reporting improbably high current values, but that is likely what triggered the shutdown. I'd be inclined to check the motor data again in a low hover before any further real flying.

To answer your other questions, the ESC is the electronic speed control, and ESC stall typically happens when a motor is blocked, but that didn't happen here. The flag is in the txt file in the OSD_motorFailReason field.

Strange behavior from the left front ESC:

930.537 : 49027 [L-FMU/MOTOR]fault on , esc(2) is stall​
930.540 : 49027 [L-FMU/MOTOR] Stop. reason:motor stall near ground​
930.541 : 49027 [L-FMU/FSM]state changed. cur: motor off​

Looking at the reported motor currents shows something definitely amiss:

View attachment 101423

The left front ESC is reporting improbably high current values, but that is likely what triggered the shutdown. I'd be inclined to check the motor data again in a low hover before any further real flying.

To answer your other questions, the ESC is the electronic speed control, and ESC stall typically happens when a motor is blocked, but that didn't happen here. The flag is in the txt file in the OSD_motorFailReason field.

Hey
I took my drone in the meantime to a repair shop gave them the flight logs and even a link to this post.

Got a call from them 2 hours ago they had a test flight and everything seems normal no error messages.
I told him that there was also no error message right before it dropped but there was a higher current referring to the graph you send me, which I showed them too.
So I ask if they did read the logs after the test flight to see if it's normal.
He had to then speak again with the tec guy and called me back saying there was no error message ?‍♂️

I feel really helpless now, being stuck with a drone which might just drop again the next time I fly it.

Do you recon a new ESC whoud solve it or a new motor?

Best Regards and thanks!

Enrico

Hey
I took my drone in the meantime to a repair shop gave them the flight logs and even a link to this post.

Got a call from them 2 hours ago they had a test flight and everything seems normal no error messages.
I told him that there was also no error message right before it dropped but there was a higher current referring to the graph you send me, which I showed them too.
So I ask if they did read the logs after the test flight to see if it's normal.
He had to then speak again with the tec guy and called me back saying there was no error message ?‍♂️

I feel really helpless now, being stuck with a drone which might just drop again the next time I fly it.

Do you recon a new ESC whoud solve it or a new motor?

Best Regards and thanks!

Enrico

Hard to say. If they tested it and it performed nominally then you are looking at an intermittent issue. What was their opinion of the log data for the flight with the problem, or did they just ignore that?

Hard to say. If they tested it and it performed nominally then you are looking at an intermittent issue. What was their opinion of the log data for the flight with the problem, or did they just ignore that?

They said it might've happened because it hovered for so long, they said hovering is quite stressful for a drone and it won't get cooled as good as during a normal flight which maybe caused it to overheat. That was just a guess they gave me after I showed them your comment with the graph.

They said it might've happened because it hovered for so long, they said hovering is quite stressful for a drone and it won't get cooled as good as during a normal flight which maybe caused it to overheat. That was just a guess they gave me after I showed them your comment with the graph.

That's complete nonsense. You need to find a competent repair shop.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM