DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dropped a battery

Rockport

Reactions
Dropped one of my batteries and I can’t get it snapped back in place no matter what I try. Was wondering if I should attempt to take the top completely off and try to snap it back into place that way?
1604099070654.jpeg

Since you have nothing to lose I would see if you can see anything under the cover that is displaced or fowling and try to reposition it. Failing that try and work the cover completely off, presumably fix the problem and then replace the lid.
If snap locks are broken a glue might be required

Reactions: Rockport
Since you have nothing to lose I would see if you can see anything under the cover that is displaced or fowling and try to reposition it. Failing that try and work the cover completely off, presumably fix the problem and then replace the lid.
If snap locks are broken a glue might be required
I did try to pry the rest of it off but that thing is glued in some parts. Where I’ve tried the plastic is already missshapened from my attempts. But I guess I have nothing to lose.

Dropped one of my batteries and I can’t get it snapped back in place no matter what I try. Was wondering if I should attempt to take the top completely off and try to snap it back into place that way?

Your playing with a Smoke Bomb that could really do some serious damage to your home, Accept that its compromised and get in the garage as fast as possible.
We had implode in the garage and Im telling you the smoke is serious .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.

Could you slip an old style razor blade in where the gluing is a problem? Does anyone know if heat softens the glue? If so would such heat be damaging to the actual battery cells or electronics?

Maybe if you press in the side buttons and push down on it from above it will snap back into place

View attachment 116155

Here's an informative tear down site of the Mavic Air 2 drone, battery and the remote.

Maybe some useful information?

Unfortunately no screws in this battery but thanks for posting the link.

Your playing with a Smoke Bomb that could really do some serious damage to your home, Accept that its compromised and get in the garage as fast as possible.
We had implode in the garage and Im telling you the smoke is serious .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain.
Dude, get a life.

I suspect that there's something around the button that's preventing it from closing down. You may well be able to gently lever the offending clip back into place with a thin plastic blade (similar to the type used for dismantling phones) and then push the parts back together. Using plastic will help reduce the risk of any shortage across the terminals or damage to the board.

Good luck!

one there is physical damage to a LI or LIPO battery, the risk of damage to the internal components that can result in battery failure and a fire event increases dramatically. do yourself a favor, cut your losses, dispose of it properly and buy a new one.

when/if these batteries fail due to internal short circuit/thermal runaway activity the produce a VERY ENERGETIC reaction and will propel themselves around whatever room you have them in just from the off gassing of the cells.

if the case is this damaged, the rest of the assembly is suspect and your taking a huge risk by attempting to repair, recharge or continue to use this device.

one there is physical damage to a LI or LIPO battery, the risk of damage to the internal components that can result in battery failure and a fire event increases dramatically. do yourself a favor, cut your losses, dispose of it properly and buy a new one.

when/if these batteries fail due to internal short circuit/thermal runaway activity the produce a VERY ENERGETIC reaction and will propel themselves around whatever room you have them in just from the off gassing of the cells.

if the case is this damaged, the rest of the assembly is suspect and your taking a huge risk by attempting to repair, recharge or continue to use this device.
Yeah, that’s the conclusion I’ve come to.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet