DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 classic repair please 🙏🏻

liverpool14

Reactions
Hi I live in Chang Mai and have just had an accident with my drone . Can anybody assist with somewhere I could get it repaired . The camera has come out of place , nothing snapped just seems to have popped off the hinges . And 1 propeller snapped off . Any help would be much appreciated

Post photos of the camera, gimbal and drone.
What do you mean by "hinges"?
Does the drone still boot, can you still get images from the camera, can you still tilt the gimbal?

If by any chance "hinges" means the rubber vibration dampers then I suspect you might be able to refit those dampers yourself and possibly without dismantling the drone. Just be careful not to puncture or tear the dampers, if you start to get frustrated and angry put the drone down and go have a cup of tea or something and come back to the drone after you have 'cooled down'.

Have a look at
around 4:18.
Sorry I am on a Mac that displays all the adverts so I am not ploughing through the entire video to find were the dampers are reconnected.

I believe you may be referring to the dampeners. That’s the only thing I can imagine snapping out of place. In that case, it would be fairly simple to reattach them I believe. I’ve never worked with anMavic 3 Classic so I’m not entirely sure.

The propeller should be fairly simple to replace with a spare. If you could post pictures that would be helpful

I believe you may be referring to the dampeners. That’s the only thing I can imagine snapping out of place. In that case, it would be fairly simple to reattach them I believe. I’ve never worked with anMavic 3 Classic so I’m not entirely sure.
Is that to me or the OP or both of us? I think the OP but just want to be certain.

Is that to me or the OP or both of us? I think the OP but just want to be certain.
Yes, it was directed to the OP. I’m only just now reading your message and realize you already said it.🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
Hi thanks for everybody’s reply . Yes it’s the rubber fittings I mean . Here’s some pictures . Any yes it’s just a propeller . But the fitting it sits on dosnt spin smooth now like the rest . It like grinds kind of a little . Thanks for every ones help . Am heavy handed a terrible with fixing things is there anywhere that could repair this ?

Attachments

• 5B99478B-0072-4AF8-835B-C2475C12E7E7.jpeg
    5B99478B-0072-4AF8-835B-C2475C12E7E7.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 8
  • 2F4A0549-BBB0-4AC5-A704-C56474B2A567.jpeg
    2F4A0549-BBB0-4AC5-A704-C56474B2A567.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 11D5795B-5410-4819-B896-23D8BCB6C9F0.jpeg
    11D5795B-5410-4819-B896-23D8BCB6C9F0.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • 15D1F0BE-D078-477F-B422-AF8906E90C56.jpeg
    15D1F0BE-D078-477F-B422-AF8906E90C56.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Oh yes and camera still works still moves when the wheel bit on top of controller is slid . . Best crashed twice by my kids and me once a still works great . Solid price or kit 😁

Oh yes and camera still works still moves when the wheel bit on top of controller is slid . . Best crashed twice by my kids and me once a still works great . Solid price or kit 😁
Best bet would probably be sending it in to DJI. You’ll get a refurbished drone in exchange. Not sure what country you’re in so I don’t know if dji service is available there.

Hi thanks for everybody’s reply . Yes it’s the rubber fittings I mean . Here’s some pictures . Any yes it’s just a propeller . But the fitting it sits on dosnt spin smooth now like the rest . It like grinds kind of a little . Thanks for every ones help . Am heavy handed a terrible with fixing things is there anywhere that could repair this ?
Is the damper still attached to its other mounting point? If so can you post a clear photo of it.
It looks to me that, with care, and some fine but blunt ended tweezers, you could partially feed the nose of the damper into the hole in yhr arm (from the right in your first photo) and then pull it through the hole in the arm until is is correctly mounted.
The guy in the video does this but in the opposite direction around 17:20. If you are heavy handed could you get a 'light' handed friend to try it for you, perhaps a woman or child since their fingers may be smaller.

If the grinding is caused by the gimbal being displaced because this damper is disconnected it seems silly to me to not try to reconnect the damper 'yourself'.
Of course, if 'you' succeed but the grinding remains then, by all means, get the gimbal repaired.
I have reconnected dampers on other drones, they can be fiddly but I think it is at least worth an attempt.

If the grinding is caused by the gimbal being displaced because this damper is disconnected it seems silly to me to not try to reconnect the damper 'yourself'.
Of course, if 'you' succeed but the grinding remains then, by all means, get the gimbal repaired.
I believe the grinding he is referring to is the motor in the arm and not in the gimbal.

Hi I live in Chang Mai and have just had an accident with my drone . Can anybody assist with somewhere I could get it repaired . The camera has come out of place , nothing snapped just seems to have popped off the hinges . And 1 propeller snapped off . Any help would be much appreciated
Incidentally there's what maybe a very useful photo for you in the thread Mavic 3 Pro Suicide Slammed itself into rocks
zoom in on the gimbal bracket by the motor.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman