DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drove our new home up the Coast!

Very nice. I’m interested in how you got the backwards flying shots of the van in motion on the road. Did you fly manually or use waypoints, litchi, Goggles etc. I would have been concerned about backing into trees etc.

Very nice. I’m interested in how you got the backwards flying shots of the van in motion on the road. Did you fly manually or use waypoints, litchi, Goggles etc. I would have been concerned about backing into trees etc.
Thanks for your interest!
All flown in sport mode line of site of the drone.
I’ve spent many hours practicing reverse flying and being able to judge if the drone is in any sort of danger (that said I totally have insurance on it, State Farm personal article)

Reactions: Robbyg
That's a very nice van. Where can I get one of those and how much would I have to save up?! I'm all for living in a van and surfing on the west coast.

Reactions: rossmoney
That's a very nice van. Where can I get one of those and how much would I have to save up?! I'm all for living in a van and surfing on the west coast.
Hello!
The shell cost us 17k.
Bought it in Kansas and drove it west.
The interior conversion cost us about 60k.
There are some progress shots: @thevanbecks

Reactions: BaNZ
Wow Ross your videos just keep getting better and better.
I think this one is absolutely fantastic, the camera shots are spectacular and the editing is professional grade. I also love the music:) was it done by your friend?

You really need to take this to the next level and do this professionally.

Rob

Thanks for your interest!
All flown in sport mode line of site of the drone.
I’ve spent many hours practicing reverse flying and being able to judge if the drone is in any sort of danger (that said I totally have insurance on it, State Farm personal article)

Just had to comment on this. A lot of us keep saying that these flight modes are nice to play around with but if you really want to make spontaneous quick shots you have to learn how to do the stuff manually. Your video demonstrates what can be done when you learn the skill set.

Rob

Stunningly well done. Incredible flying, great framing and editing. Awesome.

Hey y'all!
Just drove our new sprinter van tiny home up highway 1.

really proud of how this came out!

Really well done video! What editing software do you use? Sorry if you have been asked that 1000 X before. I am thinking about getting a Winnebago sprinter van and your video maybe just convinced me to buy one. You should sell the video to the company that did your conversion for marketing.

Last edited:
Really well done video! What editing software do you use? Sorry if you have been asked that 1000 X before. I am thinking about getting a Winnebago sprinter van and your video maybe just convinced me to buy one. You should sell the video to the company that did your conversion for marketing.
hello! no worries about asking, barely get that question actually... I use Final cut pro on my MacBook Pro. couldn't ask for anything more. it really has some great capability.

funny enough, my dad did the conversion for us down in Santa Barbara :) his company is "campovans"

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000