DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 3 Dun Carloway, Iron Age Broch, Isle of Lewis

AlbionDrones

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
Another video from our recent Islands sojourn, and no trip to the Outer Hebrides would be complete without a stop - however brief at the exposed and perpetually windswept Dun Carloway Broch.

Wind was a major issue here, making capturing anything problematic, and only certain parts of our footage was useable, but enough for a short video - until we can return and spend more time there...

Last edited:
Awesome video. You stated that wind was an issue and that some footage was unusable, in what ways did the wind affect the drone's performance? And just out of curiosity, how fast were the winds at the time?

Reactions: AlbionDrones
Another video from our recent Islands sojourn, and no trip to the Outer Hebrides would be complete without a stop - however brief at the exposed and perpetually windswept Dun Carloway Broch.

Wind was a major issue here, making capturing anything problematic, and only certain parts of our footage was useable, but enough for a short video - until we can return and spend more time there...

Fascinating!

Awesome video. You stated that wind was an issue and that some footage was unusable, in what ways did the wind affect the drone's performance? And just out of curiosity, how fast were the winds at the time?
Thanks...

The wind was 25mph gusting to 35mph, and it affected the drone by making it bounce over turbulence form the broch and ground, making it a little too unsmooth to use... Add in I was being very cautious because of the wind and only about 30% of the flight was of useable quality - in my eyes at least...

Reactions: GFields
Fascinating!
Thanks... last time we were there - pre-drone - it was blowing 40+ mph and gusting well above that... amazing place...

Well done! Beautiful scenery all around. I think I saw you in the middle of the turret.

Well done! Beautiful scenery all around. I think I saw you in the middle of the turret.
Thanks yes that was me sheltering from the wind and tyhe sunlight - amazing how much better I cuold see the screen :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13