DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dynamic home point in Mavic 3 and RC Pro

lomposlapos

Reactions
How do I set a dynamic home point with M3 and RC Pro?

For example, drone follows my moving car (with me inside the car) and the home point is always the remote (=the car). Now I can update the home point manually to the remote's position, but I am looking for an option where the remote's location is automatically and continuously regarded as a home point.

How do I set a dynamic home point with M3 and RC Pro?

For example, drone follows my moving car (with me inside the car) and the home point is always the remote (=the car). Now I can update the home point manually to the remote's position, but I am looking for an option where the remote's location is automatically and continuously regarded as a home point.
Resetting the homepoint to the controller only resets it to the current location of the controller.
You can't set a continuously updating home point.
But you really don't need one anyway.

Very unfortunate and shameful on DJI.
It's not shameful ... it's just the way it is.
Of course you need! When you are filming your own car, boat, bike, camel, whatever. Updating continuously instead of driving and shooting is very amateurish and distracting.
Are you intending to land your drone in a moving car?
All you need to do is manually update the homepoint every few minutes so that the drone doesn't try to return back to the launch point when it calculates the battery level is only just enough to get back there.
And bring the drone in manually wherever you want to.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer