Dynamic Home Point question?

no it doesn't...
I tried several things:
A) fix a flight distance limit and walk out of it:
- no home point update
- when i press RTH it goes back to initial RTH

B) remove flight distance limit and walk away
- no homepoint update
-when i press RTH it goes back to initial RTH...

that's what i don't get..

The question is why do some people get a “weak GPS” message when you press the home point button with the person in it. I gave the DJI Go app location permission and it still does not work. Perhaps other settings?
Weak GPS means no GPS in DJI-speak and currently lots of users (mostly Apple) are reporting they get the message even though they have a GPS-enabled device and are out in the open.
If you get the message, there doesn't seem to be any way around it unless DJI fix the issue in an update in future.

Reactions: AbUAVdC
I guess where that's where I'm confused. If I know I am going to be on a boat or canoe using Active tracking, wouldn't I just want the Mavic to return the controller? What benefit is DHP over just returning to the controller via the RTH setting?
So even on a drifting boat or a ship, DHp should be activated (active track)? I lost a MPP once when i got excited to took off on a moving boat. The home point was recorded automatically after the motor started. It happened real fast until the battery runs out and landed on the water. I got confused ?‍♂️. it’s my fault I accept that! If DHP on DJI Go 4 app will update Home point on active track. Can the Mavic land let say 15 meters away from the last updated home point?

Has anyone tried this on a boat yet?
Of course I’m only interested in MP2 operation.
I tried on board a ship! MP2 or MP I think they’re just the same DHP. Only in AT.
By the way I followed some recommendations from this site, Manual Homepoint update should be done and leave the max distance disabled. Don’t get your toy out of sight. Monitor your battery and distance to the last homepoint. If MP2 is following you, It’s up to you if you if you need to update homepoint (aircraft).
Catch landing is recommended too! :)
Cach it under the Craft.

Reactions: Drone Or Boat
no it doesn't...
I tried several things:
A) fix a flight distance limit and walk out of it:
- no home point update
- when i press RTH it goes back to initial RTH

B) remove flight distance limit and walk away
- no homepoint update
-when i press RTH it goes back to initial RTH...

that's what i don't get..

try sliding your screen from right to left on dji go 4 once aircraft and app are connnected.
You’ll see homepoint choices, gimbal and portraits and landscape. I recommend not to use the controller homepoint due to weak gps signal warning as always.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming