DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Early morning look at Elliot Bay, Seattle

Nice view, I’m heading to Seattle next week, any advise of spots, places, rules and regulations to fly in the area will be appreciated. We will stay at woofing ole but the plan is to know the city and some national parks, rivers, etc

thanks

Nice view, I’m heading to Seattle next week, any advise of spots, places, rules and regulations to fly in the area will be appreciated. We will stay at woofing ole but the plan is to know the city and some national parks, rivers, etc

thanks
As you probably know, you canNOT fly in National Parks. If you are planning on any hiking, Fremont Lookout trail out of Sunrise at Mount Rainier is a pretty grand place and not too strenuous a hike. Glacier Basin, also along the Sunrise road can have terrific wildflowers. Paradise on the other side of Rainier is the wildflower heaven. The Mt Baker area near the Canadian Border is really nice. The beaches in Olympic National Park are wild and remote but getting there is a long drive.

While in Seattle many like taking one or more ferries. You can do a loop drive incorporating two ferries: Edmonds-Kingston and then either Seattle Bainbridge or Seattle Bremerton. Or just hop aboard on foot and travel back and forth.

Seward Park (on Lake Washington) and Discovery Park (Elliot Bay) are large parks in Seattle. Golden Gardens is another Puget Sound park. But speaking of Seattle, no drone flying is permitted except from private property. Parks, beaches, streets - off limits. I asked about very early flying and got a sort of okay but it is not really permitted.

Of course, the city is somewhat limited due to the virus. Park parking lots are closed to limit crowds.

Ask away.

And I will ask: "woofing ole"? I see something about farming?

Thanks for all the tips, I knew about the national parks restriction, I will assume some of the places you mentioned are kind of allow to use the drone, anyways I will always ask before to prevent any fine.

What about AIRMAP and B4UFLY apps? Can we trust them to decide wether to fly or not?

Honestly, I’d be more than happy to get some pictures of any river or forest with a nice sunrise.

Sunrise is still relatively early up here. Lake Washington, along the east edge of Seattle can provide sunrise. Rivers are the Snoqualmie, also east of Seattle and the Skykomish out of Everett, north of Seattle. But finding a view with sunrise... hmmm? An early ferry ride could provide sunrise over Seattle and the Sound. I did get a Boeing Field warning on the above but it was far enough away.

I've actually, not flown enough. My avatar picture was taken near Snoqualmie Pass but some popular trails "No drone permitted."

Reactions: mahko7
Active volcano, shoot some steam. Or you could shoot some killer whales, orcas - just check the rules first ?
https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/article227080969.html
When I climbed it way back when (g)... It sounded like a roaring freight train and the sulphurous odor was not the most pleasant. I've been atop each of the volcanoes - Adams twice, St Helens before and after (on skis).

We do have some very interesting things to see including the very "deserty" eastside compared with the rest of the "Evergreen State."

thanks
You could shoot .Sasquatch. He lives in a cave on the south shore of Lake Cushman. If you get any footage, please post it here, you'll receive "likes" on it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bigfoot

Lake Cushman - Wikipedia

How about a ghost town ? Monte Cristo. Monte Cristo, Washington - Wikipedia
If you find any abandoned gold mine caves be careful because the GPS doesn't work well below ground.

Hot springs ? Goldmyer, Scenic and maybe half a dozen more, some clothing optional.

Waterfalls are always interesting and there's tons of them.

Lake Union, Shoot some float planes during take off and landing. Good vantage from gasworks park or lake union park.
Portage bay, Shoot some racing shells competing or just practicing. Racing shell - Wikipedia Stay to the south side so you aren't on UW school property. Portage Bay - Wikipedia.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, I’m starting to make a plan... need to share some time with friends and also wife has her own check list... like some Starbucks ??‍♂?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Treknotika