DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ebay Bubble Almost Gone

I won't be posting on this thread anymore. It is ridiculous how people blast on the forum. I have been part of a lot and you have your usual trolls but this one is dog eat dog. Glad we have a community we can't share what I thought was a good story.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app
Don't listen to the nay sayer. You just made your cousin's Christmas special and are taking no credit for it. That's awesome! Love it, good eBay story.

482da3c923cb51a78cc4f02bee4eede4.jpg

Yeah no possible way I could have done that. That is my total. You can continue to blast away. I love keyboard warriors.

Sent from my Pixel XL using MavicPilots mobile app

I don't know why haters gotta hate. It's called opportunity. I sold two mavics I was lucky enough to grab from Apple while I'm still waiting for my fly more combo. Also when the cubs won I was at ****'s buying World Series hats for 31 dollars listing and selling them for 80-90 dollars a pop before I even got out of the store. People will pay more just for the simple fact they can and aren't willing to wait. I don't see how your bragging. This thread is about the inflated eBay prices isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

He shoots he scores, proves you're a knob. What you do with your stuff is your own business, but no one is remotely interested.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
I have been in a lot of forums over the years and this is one of the more respectful forums but occasionally there is a real tool. You sir are... For the record, I'm interested.

While I sit here and wait..... Because I was too STUPID, and ordered from a (well known) mom & pop Drone shop..... Instead of giving the mega-stores my business.

I have no problem with what the OP did, Yes it is called making $$ and more power to him.

This hole cluster*%$! is 100% on DJI

First response dude.. check it.
I read these posts to learn about the Mavic. It is extremely helpful when used for it's true purpose. Frankly I don't give a crap about some guy selling Mavics for a profit. Who cares. Let's stick to relevant topics. I don't fault the guy for taking advantage of a situation. I fault him for posting this mindless crap in the first place...and shame on me for reading it all...and double shame on me for taking the time to respond to it.

Yep, supply and demand... it's just like these dang "Hatchimals", never heard of them and now my daughter has one on her list. Sold out every where and going for 2-3x the price on eBay.

I don't know, we saw a big influx but that could taper off, it kind of already has. Also in resale you have to weigh demand, who is demanding, supply, who is selling, how many selling at any given moment and also how many selling around the time yours will end, resupply, large dumps of shipments then a quiet period where supply goes down for a while. Lots of variables, timing is SO important. Knowing when people have disposable income,, etc.

I've been on BOTH sides of the high-demand secondary market, buying and selling. You have to put in a good amount of work and do lots and lots of research, or be lucky in a few situations. It's not usually as simple as some think.

Don't listen to the haters. You aren't holding back the cure for cancer. Nobody NEEDS this thing right now.

I have a newegg fly more on order, a massdrop fly-less order (my keeper), and wednesday night I sold a fly-less, that I ordered 11/22 from newegg, on ebay for $1690 shipped (which pockets $400 after the drone, ebay/pp fees and good shipping), that was Wed. night during a huge influx, but also I knew how to price it for a quick sale and basically skip all the other sellers, that still saw 1800 dollar signs or thought a 3 day auction was going to get them $2kI'm not actively looking for any more right now. I'm selling some batteries too and still doing ok.

Sellers take a big risk as well. PP is not on their side, 5 months down the road someone can start up a dispute and that's more time and potentially huge monetary losses. I'll flip the fly more, it will come soon I figure. Or what I might do is part out the fly more, all the pieces, and keep that one, and cancel my last order. I'd really like to get one in my hands. Killed me not to open that box I'm so glad it sold quickly. Not sure yet we will see what the market looks like then.

EDIT: WOW they are down. I hadn't check today really. So interesting.

Another edit, just thinking out loud, all these mavics selling, battery prices down FOR NOW, but all the fly more guy will want batteries in a week. I think I'll hold onto my last few until then lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: bootleg.gucci
I don't know, we saw a big influx but that could taper off, it kind of already has. Also in resale you have to weigh demand, who is demanding, supply, who is selling, how many selling at any given moment and also how many selling around the time yours will end, resupply, large dumps of shipments then a quiet period where supply goes down for a while. Lots of variables, timing is SO important. Knowing when people have disposable income,, etc.

I've been on BOTH sides of the high-demand secondary market, buying and selling. You have to put in a good amount of work and do lots and lots of research, or be lucky in a few situations. It's not usually as simple as some think.

Don't listen to the haters. You aren't holding back the cure for cancer. Nobody NEEDS this thing right now.

I have a newegg fly more on order, a massdrop fly-less order (my keeper), and wednesday night I sold a fly-less, that I ordered 11/22 from newegg, on ebay for $1690 shipped (which pockets $400 after the drone, ebay/pp fees and good shipping), that was Wed. night during a huge influx, but also I knew how to price it for a quick sale and basically skip all the other sellers, that still saw 1800 dollar signs or thought a 3 day auction was going to get them $2kI'm not actively looking for any more right now. I'm selling some batteries too and still doing ok.

Sellers take a big risk as well. PP is not on their side, 5 months down the road someone can start up a dispute and that's more time and potentially huge monetary losses. I'll flip the fly more, it will come soon I figure. Or what I might do is part out the fly more, all the pieces, and keep that one, and cancel my last order. I'd really like to get one in my hands. Killed me not to open that box I'm so glad it sold quickly. Not sure yet we will see what the market looks like then.

EDIT: WOW they are down. I hadn't check today really. So interesting.

Another edit, just thinking out loud, all these mavics selling, battery prices down FOR NOW, but all the fly more guy will want batteries in a week. I think I'll hold onto my last few until then lol.

Some maggot on eBay did that to me and I had to dig up and product a receipt for PayPal who said I owed them $1000 [emoji35] eBay actually worked with me but PayPal dumb !?-$ didn't and kept that charge on for about a week. I closed down both accounts and in spite of having a flymore combo to ship I canceled , I don't need the hassle just to make a few bucks besides hopefully it was sent to someone who really wanted it. Like me. I'm happy with this lil thing and only want to fly and learn about it. To each their own

Sent from [emoji211]

I sold mine for $1700 on ebay a week ago.
After ebay charged me fee about $50, I've made about extra $550 that I've never expected. I guess I was just lucky.
Now I'm thinking about order one more for myself or wait til dji start discount on mavic. :)

Sent from my SM-N910T using MavicPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Yeah no possible way I could have done that. That is my total. You can continue to blast away. I love keyboard warriors.

Whoa that's impressive profit making hiwese, haha you can be listed on DJI authorized retailer list.

Personally I try to resell stuff now on Craigslist first instead of eBay because them and PayPal favor buyers with money back guarantees.

Like with Apple iPhone 7 launch, I sold 3 Black 7Pluses on eBay (buy it now), and 2 out of 3 listings had issues weeks later. I sold a 4th Jetblack 7Plus on Craigslist for cash and %100 no issues. 3.5 weeks after I sold the first jetblack 7Plus for $2K, the buyer requested a refund because "Doesn't work or defective". It took 33 days to win against the buyer (during which my PayPal balance was negative -$1900 for chargeback). 1 month after the other iPhone sale, Paypal emails me investigation of payment reversal from buyer who disputed charge with credit card issuer for unauthorized transaction. It took another week to win that case, and I contacted Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile to blacklist that iPhone's IMEI.

Anyways, I got my Mavic flyless delivered 11/14 and decided to resell it since waiting on fly more preorder. I list it on eBay, and someone Buys it now for $1800 and pays, but next day he wants a refund. So I ditch eBay and then sell it on Craigslist for $1500 cash. All told, my total profits from this season's efforts was around $2,032, and craigslisting was more pleasant by far.

I sold mine for $1700 on ebay a week ago.
After ebay charged me fee about $50, I've made about extra $550 that I've never expected. I guess I was just lucky.
Now I'm thinking about order one more for myself or wait til dji start discount on mavic. :)

You got some promo coupon for selling on eBay? Their final value fee is %10 of selling price, so selling $1700 has $170 eBay fee + %2.9 PayPal fee and cost of insured signature req. shipping.

Reactions: dv8ed and chuckb223
Whoa that's impressive profit making hiwese, haha you can be listed on DJI authorized retailer list.

Personally I try to resell stuff now on Craigslist first instead of eBay because them and PayPal favor buyers with money back guarantees.

Like with Apple iPhone 7 launch, I sold 3 Black 7Pluses on eBay (buy it now), and 2 out of 3 listings had issues weeks later. I sold a 4th Jetblack 7Plus on Craigslist for cash and %100 no issues. 3.5 weeks after I sold the first jetblack 7Plus for $2K, the buyer requested a refund because "Doesn't work or defective". It took 33 days to win against the buyer (during which my PayPal balance was negative -$1900 for chargeback). 1 month after the other iPhone sale, Paypal emails me investigation of payment reversal from buyer who disputed charge with credit card issuer for unauthorized transaction. It took another week to win that case, and I contacted Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile to blacklist that iPhone's IMEI.

Anyways, I got my Mavic flyless delivered 11/14 and decided to resell it since waiting on fly more preorder. I list it on eBay, and someone Buys it now for $1800 and pays, but next day he wants a refund. So I ditch eBay and then sell it on Craigslist for $1500 cash. All told, my total profits from this season's efforts was around $2,032, and craigslisting was more pleasant by far.

You got some promo coupon for selling on eBay? Their final value fee is %10 of selling price, so selling $1700 has $170 eBay fee + %2.9 PayPal fee and cost of insured signature req. shipping.

Yeah he saw his $50 PayPal fee because that is deducted right away from the payment. He probably hasn't noticed he owes eBay $170 since they bill monthly.

Reactions: bootleg.gucci
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13