DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ECS status error, anyone know what that means?

TTP

Premium Pilot
Reactions
A minor crash, and when I try to fly again I get this message.

ECS status error

You should restart the drone, still receive the same error message, contact DJI's support,but I can't find anything there.

Someone else who got this error message on screen in RC.

The drone does not start the engines.

Help is gratefully received.

Not so minor crash. I would take their recommendations to contact DJI support. See the following link for a definition of ESC.

Chris

Thanks for the links, Not A Speck Of Cereal

I'll read on and see what this entails, hopefully I won't have to hand in the drone for repair.

I just did a search here and in PP for that error and every thread I looked in resulted in it having to be sent back in.
Maybe @djidroneservice will see this and chime in but
don’t look good.

Reactions: old man mavic
Recently, I had a M2 battery that won’t turn off. So I pulled it out of my M2P. When I insert the battery again, it power up without me turning on the battery, but I got 4 ESC errors and I couldn’t take off. Done this a couple of times.
But when I used my other 2 batteries, there was no issues and I’ve flown 3 times since. But the faulty battery was discharged using the USB adapter to charge my iPad. It’s going back to DJI. It had only 5 charges which I received last month, as a replacement for another faulty battery.

Holly crap.
This MP2 batteries are a complete disgrace....

Reactions: Zyze
Not necessarily I have 4 and use a lot with no issues.
Seems there was a bad batch and forget the time frame
they where in but have been posted about a lot.

Reactions: old man mavic
The 2 batteries that came with the combo bag are fine. The original that came with the M2P and the recent replacement seems faulty. Hopefully the 3rd’s a charm.

After carefully analyzing my crash, I can see that the front left engine has been damaged.

Similar crashes in connection with what I named, TCTW, "To Close TO Wall" effect, where only someone propeller damaged, this crash was against a tree but down at the root so the drone was already at ground level but when I try to stop the engines with the left joystick this takes a few seconds extra, I hear how an engine increases in turns, before I managed to stop the engines.
I think therefore that an engine was damaged and I note that when I start up the drone, without propellers, the front left engine does not move.

So now there will be a flight ban for a few days, I will now analyze my flight data to see if I can confirm my assumption about the damaged engine.

45US $ for an arm with an engine on Amazon, I must endure that, if you want to get better at something, which in this case on flying drones, then it costs, time energy and money.

ECS status error

You should restart the drone, still receive the same error message, contact DJI's support,but I can't find anything there.

are you sure that said ecs and not esc?

Reactions: Jet skier
Bill combs,
you are just right, typical mistakes when it is your own native language.

Thanks

I have now, through "Flight Reader" stated that it is an engine failure.Thought I could just change just the engine itself, but threading in it is so dense and complicated so that's probably why there is only the whole arm with the engine to buy on Amazon.

I do not care to send the drone to DJI, which is certainly considerably more expensive, but on the other hand, all pledges on guarantees for any errors, are now safely forfeited, something I must take.

Reactions: Bill combs

ECS status error

I am getting the same error except mine is somewhat different. I fly my M2P using either an ipad with the go4 app or with Moverio BT-300 glasses using the Moverio app. I only get the ESC error when I use the glasses and only when I put in my second and third batteries. Never get it on the first battery.

New discoveries,
open up my M2P to see how all the threads from the broken motor are attached inside the drone, judge my amazement when I remove the bottom plate, I find a burnt thread, I solder the threads and joint the drone together.

A certain enthusiasm spreads and I start the drone in position, no propellers, unfortunately the engine that does not work still does not work, but the error message ESC, is now gone, trying all my four batteries, the same result.

I have to disassemble the drone again to find out how the wiring from the motor is fixed inside the drone, if I can really fix it myself or it will be to send it to DJI service.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev