DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing Help - Mavic Pro and Premier Pro - Jumpy

Proxies are the way to go with newer Premiere Pro.
You won't find Ingest options even on (my) CC2015.
There are ways to workaround but a bit cumbersome.
My computer is 6 years old but mid-range by modern standards, it can edit 4K live with preview set low, rendering can take hours if there are many adjustments.
It manages much better on 2.7K which some consider best anyway, suggest trying that it will certainly help.
Sooner or later a new whizzy fast SSD computer will be the way forward.

Just the ssd super charges your machine such a difference

Reactions: digdat0
Just learning about this myself.

Actually, it's much slicker than that... set up the Ingest parameters, and low-res proxies are automatically made when you import media into the project. After that, the only thing you need to do is switch to the proxy media in the monitor for smooth playback when scrubbing the playhead... the full-res source is automatically used when you export to the Media encoder.
Cool, sounds like the process has improved alot! Last time I used the method was about ten years ago. Ha.

for some reason if you export from ppr it gives better results than media encoder. ppr has the better engine.
Again, I'm confused. It sure looks to me like Media Encoder is doing the encoding when I press Export just as with Queue and then extra step of starting processing the queue. So I'm not seeing where there is a way to invoke a different encoder.

Again, I'm confused. It sure looks to me like Media Encoder is doing the encoding when I press Export just as with Queue and then extra step of starting processing the queue. So I'm not seeing where there is a way to invoke a different encoder.
Two different engines media encoder is a stand alone programme

When you queue the file it goes to media encoder if you just export it works just with ppr not media encoder
View attachment 15352

This still doesnt explain why it is jumpy "AFTER" the export does it? I understand why I am having trouble during editing and it sounds like the proxie solution would work well for me (or buy a new system) but still dont understand why the finished video isnt smooth.

Reactions: digdat0
This still doesnt explain why it is jumpy "AFTER" the export does it? I understand why I am having trouble during editing and it sounds like the proxie solution would work well for me (or buy a new system) but still dont understand why the finished video isnt smooth.
what export option are you using? a preset or a custom one? i use this and it works great:

731W7KV.png

SSD (solid state drive) will sort your problems easy to fit. Look for a free program called macrem reflect to transfer your old hard drive over to your new.
Recommending an SSD for a 9-year old computer when video is in mind is just a waste of money. Nothing else is in the machine is up to spec anyway so it will just show you the rest needs replacement too.

I am using a 1TB Samsung SSD with a quad core I5 with a GTX960 video card. Playback is fine until I start editing in Premiere. The more cuts and effects I added created more problems. Then I got the great tip of using the Proxy system from a forum member and that solved all my problems.

Various players also gave problems on the final edit but VLC is always smooth when playing 4K.

Rob

I am using a 1TB Samsung SSD with a quad core I5 with a GTX960 video card. Playback is fine until I start editing in Premiere. The more cuts and effects I added created more problems. Then I got the great tip of using the Proxy system from a forum member and that solved all my problems.

Various players also gave problems on the final edit but VLC is always smooth when playing 4K.

Rob

What ppr are you running? gtx960 is Maxwell architecture so does not have CUDA support

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman