DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing Mavic Pro Stills in Lightroom

RaRaRasputin

Reactions
Here is a how-to/tutorial on how to edit Mavic Pro stills in Lightroom to get the most out of them

I did shoot in D-Log and although the picture style is supposed to have no effect in RAW DNG files, the Mavic does change the exposure slightly.

Last edited:
You're shooting RAW so it's irrelevant what colour and sharpness settings you use on the drone...

I believe the Picture Style (D-Log) in the Mavic does funky things, even in RAW

Last edited:
I believe the Sharpness is important as I'm pretty sure the Mavic does funky things with it's in-built Noise Reduction, even in RAW

Do you understand what RAW means? It means you're getting the raw sensor data, not debayered, and all your settings are just metadata in the file. It's impossible for sharpness to affect the file as it's not an image yet. It's when LR reads the RAW file it debayers it and applies corrections to it. All the cameras I'm familiar with store their sharpness / contrast etc so that LR can't read them and so it does a default set of corrections to the file. Not sure if Mavic files are in this category or not.

Reactions: geigy
You're shooting RAW so it's irrelevant what colour and sharpness settings you use on the drone...
This should be the case but with Mavic something odd is happening.
When you use Lightroom some processing is definitely already applied when you import, and I have not found a way to stop it - other than applying a preset to drop saturation when importing.
This makes a more RAW style starting point.
Having said that if I view Mavic DNGs in aanother program such as Faststone they do look flat as they should be.
- Something odd happens with Mavic DNGs.

This should be the case but with Mavic something odd is happening.
When you use Lightroom some processing is definitely already applied when you import, and I have not found a way to stop it - other than applying a preset to drop saturation when importing.
This makes a more RAW style starting point.
Having said that if I view Mavic DNGs in aanother program such as Faststone they do look flat as they should be.
- Something odd happens with Mavic DNGs.

I know from my Olympus that LR can apply 'hidden' lens correction profiles, I believe you can turn them off nowadays although with my Oly you wouldn't want to as the lenses are designed to be software corrected at all times, perhaps something similar is happening here? I can have a look on my end tomorrow and see if I can spot it

I know from my Olympus that LR can apply 'hidden' lens correction profiles, I believe you can turn them off nowadays although with my Oly you wouldn't want to as the lenses are designed to be software corrected at all times, perhaps something similar is happening here? I can have a look on my end tomorrow and see if I can spot it
Would love to hear back on this, must have spent most of an evening trying to find why it happens.

Sharpness doesnt affect the RAW (ive tested it). However D-log (as opposed to any other mode) DOES affect the RAW and seems to underexpose it by 1.3 stops or so. So id suggest keeping cinelike or anything else as a profile if you're shooting photos.

As others have said, the mavic RAW isnt "raw" as such. It seems to be doing some filtering either through design or a bug. The d-log thing i suspect is a bug.

Contrast, Sharpening and Saturation all have zero effect on the DNG.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143