DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing software recommentation

Patrick Bergeron

Reactions
Hello everyone,
I currently use CyberLink PowerDirector video editing software but I am not satisfied with the results when there are movements.
Do you have any recommentation for editing software and what is the price ?

See an example in this video at 14 seconds:

Thanks

I just downloaded Kdenlive, haven't did a lot with it yet but it looks pretty good & its free.
Lots of YouTube tutorials.

Hello everyone,
I currently use CyberLink PowerDirector video editing software but I am not satisfied with the results when there are movements.

Thanks

Hello Patrick,

I have only taken a small amount of video because of current lockdown, but on one of the videos i saw the same problem.
I have however signed up to follow Stewart and Alina at Drone Film Guide || Drone Cinematography Tutorials and can say that their tutorials and advice has been fantasic so far. They have a "youtube" channel that really is informative.
Luminar4 is one programme they recommend, and one that i will probably get once i am able to get out
and make some flights.

K.

Reactions: DougMcC
Davinci Lite 16 is very powerful and free. However, there is definitely a long learning curve. If you use apple products, IMovie is good. However, IMovie is like kindergarten compared to Davinci.

Reactions: KoorbeladDigital
if you want the best its adobe premier pro. its $20 a month. its also $20 a month for first year for ALL adobe apps if you are a student or know a student who might let you use their email :)

if you want the best its adobe premier pro. its $20 a month. its also $20 a month for the first year for ALL adobe apps if you are a student or know a student who might let you use their email :)
There is a reason that Adobe products are seen as an industry-standard in a number of creative fields. Such a great bundle and a heck of a value. Photoshop, Lightroom Classic, Lightroom Cloud, Audition, After Effects, and even Illustrator and a bunch of other supporting apps. Even photoshop on the iPad is pretty freaking amazing and I can't tell you how much I have fallen in love with adobe lightroom cc in conjunction with classic and having my whole library on any mobile device. Auto stacking and processing whole days shooting worth of HDR images using my own custom settings with just group selection and a few clicks are so satisfying. Having control over the types of proxies (I have several for each type of media I am ingesting) I can create for quick editing and not just a little button to "optimize media" or jump through a bunch of hopes to create proxies afterward has been a huge time saver. These are just my personal preferences and to each their own.

Most people bash on posts supporting Adobe because its a software-as-service model but at the end of the day having access to the whole suite on any computer, any place, and the power of adobe raw, media encoder, audition and all the other supplemental software is huge and uncomparable to solutions like Resolve that is centered around its hardware and can be finicky for the average user and their machines. Heck even having access to a massive font repository to use across all products is nothing to shake your head at. Nothing wrong with Resolve but it's not the only solution nor is it a better value than the adobe suite at the end of the day. Just different and valuable in its own ways.

Again, just my two cents, toss them in a well and make a wish.

Hello everyone,

Thanks

I use a Mac. Final Cut Pro is the standard. Bit higher learning curve vs. iMovie but well worth it. $300 evergreen license, much less than premier over time. Has LUTs for Mavic codecs and great color grading tools. Most importantly it is tuned to the graphics processing chips in Macs to greatly reduce processing tone. This is important for color grading and rendering, which you will need to get max image quality. Lots of other functional features I could go on about. Many like DaVince Resolve as well.

Reactions: 4score
Hello Patrick,

I have only taken a small amount of video because of current lockdown, but on one of the videos i saw the same problem.
I have however signed up to follow Stewart and Alina at Drone Film Guide || Drone Cinematography Tutorials and can say that their tutorials and advice has been fantasic so far. They have a "youtube" channel that really is informative.
Luminar4 is one programme they recommend, and one that i will probably get once i am able to get out
and make some flights.

K.
I’ll second Stewart and Alina. Well done, thoughtful course

Reactions: KoorbeladDigital
Another vote for Davinci Resolve - the free version. Amazing powerful software and will do much more than I will ever need, and the price is right.

Came here looking to ask the same question. I’ve tried DaVinci Resolve, its a bit beyond me as a beginner and I feel like it’ll take a long time to learn how to use it properly. For some reason as well, if I even make the slightest change, the playback on the preview screen is choppy as hell. I presume I just need to change some settings or something but I’ve tried other programs that don’t seem have that issue.

I've been playing with Hitfilm express which is pretty decent so far but I really miss the colour grading tab o pin DaVinci.

I kinda want something pretty simple to use but still has all the scopes, curves and colour wheels for colour correction and grading.

DaVinci Resolve 16 is free(purchase price $299), no monthly or yearly subscriptions. Free updates. One of the best companies that have there own tutorials on there website. All of there manuals and training videos you can download for free. The reference manual is included in the software download.

Even with the new Premier Pro, Davinci still encodes faster.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78