DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing video on a budget...a great big budget

What's a few more dollars?

You know the biggest thing in my opinion to come out of the new Apple announcements was that the new photos app in iOS will now be able to edit videos and do the same color grading as the photos app. Since iOS has native 4K h.265 hardware support it could be a game changer as far as editing and color grading video.

It will have sharpening and noise reduction capabilities on video which could put all but the most powerful laptops out of the video editing business.

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I’m an Apple/Mac guy since my first computer, an Apple IIe (1978), but the real price of this computer is more than many new full size cars!
A quote from the end of the article linked above:
The new Apple Mac Pro starts at $5,999, and a top-of-the-line full-loaded model will cost you well north of $30,000 (and well north of $40,000 if you add in two Radeon Pro Vega II Duos). The workstation will go on sale starting in the fall of 2019.”
I’ll stay with my iMac and buy a backup drone to use on the vacations I’l be able to afford

I’m an Apple/Mac guy since my first computer, an Apple IIe, but the real price of this computer is more than many new full size cars!
The new Apple Mac Pro starts at $5,999, and a top-of-the-line full-loaded model will cost you well north of $30,000 (and well north of $40,000 if you add in two Radeon Pro Vega II Duos). The workstation will go on sale starting in the fall of 2019.”
I’ll stay with my iMac and buy a backup drone to use on the vacations I’l be able to afford
This isn’t a consumer model. It’s the only Apple Product that earns its “Pro” designation.

Reactions: Thomas B
This isn’t a consumer model. It’s the only Apple Product that earns its “Pro” designation.
Definitely agree... but still, since most Apple computers need to be “loaded up” to be optimal I can resist.... for now
I will admit that I have two mirrored RAID peripherals adding 20GB of space to my iMac, all solid state (flash) drives... still processor is only dual eight core... It’s fast enough for me to build, upload, and manage a large group of 1st person educational “games” (each a patient encounter) for the students I teach... and still have room for my stuff.

I’m an Apple/Mac guy since my first computer, an Apple IIe (1978), but the real price of this computer is more than many new full size cars!

Yer givin' away yer age, old timer LOL! My first 'puter was the Apple IIe...but I don't think the IIe came out that early (1978). I bought mine in 1984 and seem to recollect that "Lisa" was the state of the art that the IIe was replacing. Apple III came out soon after, but was a flop. I had my own business and in 1985 I had several offices that I equipped with the IIc upgraded to a "MASSIVE" 516 K!!

I could be wrong on my recollection as far as the intro-date on the IIe.

Yer givin' away yer age, old timer LOL! My first 'puter was the Apple IIe...but I don't think the IIe came out that early (1978). I bought mine in 1984 and seem to recollect that "Lisa" was the state of the art that the IIe was replacing. Apple III came out soon after, but was a flop. I had my own business and in 1985 I had several offices that I equipped with the IIc upgraded to a "MASSIVE" 516 K!!

I believe you are correct after going through some of my (hordes) paperwork. LOL. BTW it still runs. I let my grandson play Dark Castles on it.
Probably should sell it to a collector.

Reactions: BrucenYvette
A computer on the desk that cost more than my car. Been there before.

I have a 20 year old Silicon Graphics O2. We had 4 in the video/3D graphics room at college. The base model started at £5,000 before upgrade. Hard drive upgrade was £1,000, add a stick of RAM £1,000. It was the only computer at that time that could support 2 live video streams.

The O2 I have is almost fully loaded. Picked it up 2nd hand for £500 years ago.Each machine at the time cost more than the cars we drove and collectively cost the price of a small house. A loaded Octane workstation at the time cost about the same as a small house.

The new Mac Pro looks incredible. Should sell well in the market it’s intended for. Thats not me. It’s for the video VFX people. My limits probably one of the higher spec iMacs. I recently opted for a Mac Mini, Ultrawide monitor and later extra Ram and eGPU. (same price a a PC with a big graphics card)

I like the way iPad Pro is heading. In my business theres a place for iPad. I can go out shot video with the drone. Load the footage to iPad. Do a quick edit in Adobe Rush on site. Check with the client it’ s what they want. Return to base and create a finished product.

My first computer was the Commodore PET with a whopping 16K of memory and programs stored on cassette tapes.

Sinclair Spectrum 48K, 8K for the BASIC operating system and 40K for programs. No way to save any output if it wasn’t printed until you either bought an interface 1 and microdrive, or later 3rd party 3.5disc systems.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sverkerh