DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Electronics and Build Quality

Zem

Reactions
I looked at the wiring and solder to the ESC's on a 2017 model mavic pro and a 2018 version. There was a visual difference in the wiring length type of glue used to secure the wiring from vibrtions and quality of the wiring at the soldered areas (jacket being burnt a bit etc.) The newer model appeared to have shorter wiring to the motors and some burnt jacketing near the solder points. The 2017 version appeared to be more precisely assembled. Which version would be worth trusting over the other? Is there a reason these appear so different internally? Also the 2018 version has silver rings around the bottom sensors instead of the graphite black ones.

Mavic Pro, Air and Platinum wiring is quite sturdy, insulated and coated. I've never seen a factory wiring problem even when exposed to excess heat. The boards will fry before the wiring will. The wiring in all Mavic Pros is identical, there are no shorter or longer motor wires.

I have bought, sold and repaired nearly 1,900 DJI drones, and they are built like tanks. I am not at all concerned about the length of the wiring, burnt jacketing, or glue they use.

Mavic Pro, Air and Platinum wiring is quite sturdy, insulated and coated. I've never seen a factory wiring problem even when exposed to excess heat. The boards will fry before the wiring will. The wiring in all Mavic Pros is identical, there are no shorter or longer motor wires.

I have bought, sold and repaired nearly 1,900 DJI drones, and they are built like tanks. I am not at all concerned about the length of the wiring, burnt jacketing, or glue they use.

20181021_223106.jpeg

Is the "ugly" aircraft new? If not it could have been repaired by a 3rd party with less care than required.

The 2018 was a dji refreshed version but supposibly just for gimbal error. The 2017 had a gimbal error also but its internals look better abd I felt it flew better in some way so it makes me feel as if the newer repaired version is not the same quality.

The mavic in your picture is a refreshed or refurbished drone. The silicone that they used on the refurbished drones is a different color then what comes from the factory.

There were no modifications made by the factory between 2016 and 2018 on the DJI Mavic pro. The only difference in the Mavics was the platinum and the air and those do have different speed control boards but those aren't mavc pros.

Strange let me get a photo of the 2017 version to post it appears this one had quite a bit more than just a gimbal repair in its past. They both fly but the wiring on the 2017 model is factory since the ends are not burnt and the motor wiring is less stretched. I am trying to determin which is more reliable. Does anyone know where to get the foam type rubber glue that dji used to secure connectors and wiring?

Since both are flying bricks here is the delima.

2018 version perceived to be newer but has shorter wiring to motors has been reworked and supposibly gimbal was repaired.

2017 version factory length motor wiring and original internal quality. The camera gimbal ribbon I repaired with after market cable but connectors currently not glued back down.

Both fly but I am looking to gift one and having a hard time deciding which.

If it was from a refresh, then it's essentially a refurb if not new. How do you know what it was brought in for?

I looked at the wiring and solder to the ESC's on a 2017 model mavic pro and a 2018 version. There was a visual difference in the wiring length type of glue used to secure the wiring from vibrtions and quality of the wiring at the soldered areas (jacket being burnt a bit etc.) The newer model appeared to have shorter wiring to the motors and some burnt jacketing near the solder points. The 2017 version appeared to be more precisely assembled. Which version would be worth trusting over the other? Is there a reason these appear so different internally? Also the 2018 version has silver rings around the bottom sensors instead of the graphite black ones.

See this is the problem ...Once you pull back the curtain and reveal the man.... Oz is never is the same.!
.What is it they say.?
blessed is the unknowing
Now that you have seen inside your bird i believe you view of quality will be tainted and one will be inferior
.....cR

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_