DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enable location services???

it's specified in the post: I'm using the RC.
Any recurrences? I've seen the same message under earlier FW on the RC Pro. Sounds like a bug that can still be tripped by some unique circumstances. Fortunately, it doesn't affect the accuracy of the Home Point setting of the drone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocky Ridger
Any recurrences? I've seen the same message under earlier FW on the RC Pro. Sounds like a bug that can still be tripped by some unique circumstances. Fortunately, it doesn't affect the accuracy of the Home Point setting of the drone.
None. I'll try doing the same procedure next time I'm flying the drone.

None. I'll try doing the same procedure next time I'm flying the drone.
Good. It will hopefully be hard to reproduce! However, @mobilehomer 's suggestion above sounds like a possible workaround.

"Did you have the blue dot on the compass/attitude indicator? If not, then your controller did not have GPS lock. I have found that backing out of the camera view screen then going back to it will enable the icons to show."

it's specified in the post: I'm using the RC.
I think I figured it out. I think it has to do with the RC controller losing the sattelite lock at some point and then it doesn't seem to get it back. Nothing to do with wireless connection or map caching.
M3P and RC controller fly app v 1.8.0.
After seeing your post I went out to my back yard to check and got the same location services error message when I tried to change the homepoint to the RC controller location.
I noticed the map was not showing the icon of my locotion with the controller when I moved away from the mini3. I tried it again the next day and it worked correctly showing the transmitter location icon on the map and without the location services error message. I wasn't sure why the error occurred the day before.
Today I went in the back yard to hover and discharge a couple batteries to 60% for storage. After discharging the first battery I landed and turned off the Drone but left the RC controller powered on. I walked inside the house with the drone and controller to swap batteries. The controller still powered on I went back outside with the next battery in the drone, started the drone and hovered.
I rememberd the transmitter location error from last week and moved away from the hovering drone to see if the transmitter icon was showing on the map display. It was not, I think it lost the satellites when I went in the house with the transmitter turned on and did not regain them when I was back outside. I landed the drone. I turned the RC off and then powered it back on, restarted the drone and took off again. This time the RC location icon was showing on the map when I walked away from the drone.
So it looks like if the transmitter looses connection to the satellites it has problems re acquiring them without restarting the transmitter in an area with good sattelite coverage.
Anyway I'll pay more attention to see if I have a transmitter location icon on the map when I'm walking (or driving) away from the homepoint.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242