DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

End of the road for Minis in India

Attachments

• E0C769FC-6A78-4A14-8171-B7CB08E995C9.png
    E0C769FC-6A78-4A14-8171-B7CB08E995C9.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 98
Fair. Though, considering that dji doesn't have to start from scratch unlike the last time with mini1 and fly, the SDK should not be taking very long.

If anyone has the DJI fly 1.1.10 .ipa file please please share it with me. I have a Dev account and get it installed. My app is auto updated and I got stuck with 15m limit.

If anyone has the DJI fly 1.1.10 .ipa file please please share it with me. I have a Dev account and get it installed. My app is auto updated and I got stuck with 15m limit.
Don't have the ipa. I have the apk, if you'd like.

I hope we do not see restrictions like this come to the US. Just starting to get into drone, and really enjoy it. Would not be the same with such limiting restrictions.

Guys the Litchi app is depending on the DJI SDK ... DJI might not have updated the SDK to lock the drones at 15 meters height ... So if you think Litchi will support Mini 2 and the restriction wont get enforced in it is quite not possible.

It's really frustrating to be taken thru the draconian laws here. I've been using a mini for about a year now and while I've had my share of ups and downs with the mini, there's been an updated version of dji fly that's been pushed. What that does, is essentially limit the height at 15m for the mini. Yup, the app itself doesn't let you go above that and cites the DGCA regulations as the bottleneck. The only way around, currently, is to downgrade the app but it's only about time before that also implements this limitation.
I had anyway ordered a mini2 wanting to experience the better transmission. But with the necessity to use the new fly app, I'm assuming mini 2 would also be limited to 15m height.

Could anyone using litchi throw light on this - would the 15m restriction be bypassed if using litchi? In which case, I'd rather cancel plans for the mini2 and stick around with mini using litchi.

PS : I'm aware of the DGCA regulations around 15m for the nano category drones - but my view here is that responsible flyers should get the workaround atleast till the time laws change.
Really is a stupid law india have put on a little drone, well if i were in your position id stick with the original mini mavic and get the litchi app at least you can by pass the dgi app which restricts you from fling above 15m ?

Here is the link, click on the button, "for older versions, click to downlod"

Attachments

• FB4BE84B-23B1-4349-BD80-FF9E13000B10.png
    FB4BE84B-23B1-4349-BD80-FF9E13000B10.png
    859.9 KB · Views: 29
Reactions: atsphenomenon
Really is a stupid law india have put on a little drone, well if i were in your position id stick with the original mini mavic and get the litchi app at least you can by pass the dgi app which restricts you from fling above 15m ?
For now the old versions of fly app work. A solve for mini 2 is still awaited though

Finally managed to jailbreak one of my old spare iPhone and installed app admin. Downloaded the v1.1.9 and installed. This phone is now solely used for the mini ? no more limits and cancelled my plans for the mini 2
Mine is not working anymore, was working before, :|
Please share the 1.1.9 ipa?

Well, took out my mini 1 after a long time. I knew this restriction was in place so was surprised to see height restriction to 201 meters. This is on 1.2.0.

Any idea why?

It seems there's finally a way around. Drone-hacks. Can anyone confirm if this works?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet