DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enforcement of RID is extended

Status
Not open for further replies.
@JThalheimer actually the title of your post above ,is not accurate, RID will still be implemented,from tomorrow the 16th ,and all those aircraft with the capability to broadcast the information already built in,will need to do so
the extended 6 months date, is to allow time for those ,who have not been able to obtain a RID module,because there are not enough of them available

@JThalheimer actually the title of your post above ,is not accurate, RID will still be implemented,from tomorrow the 16th ,and all those aircraft with the capability to broadcast the information already built in,will need to do so
the extended 6 months date, is to allow time for those ,who have not been able to obtain a RID module,because there are not enough of them available
Thanks for pointing that out OMM. There is so much misinformation surrounding this topic. For Mavic 2 owners, this will provide a little wiggle room for DJI to maybe come up with a software solution to RID negating the need for a module. We shall see…

Reactions: old man mavic
Thank you for pointing that out. I should have said “Enforcement of RID will be delayed”. That is why I try to never post things late at night when I am tired. I will try to edit it.

@JThalheimer no problem ,it wasn't a personal dig at you ,but just a clarification of the state of play ,to avoid further confusion ,on a topic that has been talked about ,since forever ,or so it seems

Thanks for pointing that out OMM. There is so much misinformation surrounding this topic. For Mavic 2 owners, this will provide a little wiggle room for DJI to maybe come up with a software solution to RID negating the need for a module. We shall see…
I had heard “some where” that the MA2 WAS gonna have an update that would make it RID compliant. Hmmm. 🤔

I had heard “some where” that the MA2 WAS gonna have an update that would make it RID compliant. Hmmm. 🤔
It's been posted by DJI on their own forum

Reactions: djwak59
It's been posted by DJI on their own forum
Thanks. That’s probly where I read it before !

Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere but I haven’t been able to find it…
I have an Air2S that is registered and am a 107 pilot. Am I good to fly or do I need to go into the DroneZone and add a RID number or something? Thanks.

Reactions: mobilehomer
Please forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere but I haven’t been able to find it…
I have an Air2S that is registered and am a 107 pilot. Am I good to fly or do I need to go into the DroneZone and add a RID number or something? Thanks.
Check the Drone Zone, make sure the RID SN is there. 2S is broadcasting, you are good to go.

Thanks mobilehomer. Is the RID sn the exact same number as my Air2S or are there additional numbers or letters? If so, what are they?
It should be in the About tab in the Fly camera view settings. They add this prefix 1581F and a 0 to the end. It should total 20 characters.

This topic is well established over in the following thread:

THREAD CLOSED
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member