DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Entering approval to fly

Mulligan

Reactions
I'm having trouble getting my djigo4 app to accept my authorization to fly in class D airspace. I have my FAA approval logged in and the app and the aircraft show that this has been accepted. I still get an error message stating that my RTH path will go through a no fly zone and it will not let me fly. I have updated my home location and I've logged in and out of the app multiple times! I will have to say that dji support has been responsive and I've followed their steps to the letter.

I'm having trouble getting my djigo4 app to accept my authorization to fly in class D airspace. I have my FAA approval logged in and the app and the aircraft show that this has been accepted. I still get an error message stating that my RTH path will go through a no fly zone and it will not let me fly. I have updated my home location and I've logged in and out of the app multiple times! I will have to say that dji support has been responsive and I've followed their steps to the letter.

Never come across this, however, I am going to watch for the answer.

I have my FAA approval logged in and the app and the aircraft show that this has been accepted. I still get an error message stating that my RTH path will go through a no fly zone and it will not let me fly.
I’ve encountered this a few weeks ago, flying in Class D airspace of Hayward (California) Executive Airport on the border between LAANC approval up 250 feet and a Zero-Foot sector. Even though the map below stated I was standing in LAANC-approved space, DJI Go 4 would not let me start my motors.

AEB686F6-8B79-4EA7-86FF-2705EAA667AD.jpeg

So I took about ten steps to the west, and Go 4 let me take off.

It’s been mentioned in previous threads, but it seems similar issues are caused by the disparity between the squared-off sections of land in our LAANC apps (AirMap, Kittyhawk) and the true more circular shape of airspace on the sectional charts.

23A66CDE-9A8B-46B5-A8D1-789AAED94125.jpeg

@Mulligan — I’m seeing three airports N, NW and W of Simsonville; so is there a chance you were flying in similar airspace border as I was above?

6A33C31C-E04D-4913-8514-E67D7EEAA6DF.png

Not exactly. The airport is about 1-1/2 miles East of my site. I tried moving around about 100 yards West but no change. I also have a zero ft red zone relatively close so maybe you're on to something. I'll move around and try again. Thanks all for your help.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett