DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Entire town a No fly zone

BraxtonCary

Reactions
Ok so in my little town we have an airport. And the no fly zone goes All the way to to the other 2 little towns on either side of us. What should I do because I don't want to have to call the airport Everytime I want to fly. And the pilots in this town with little planes think they are gods and own the skys some already don't like me. Keep in mind I have never flown it when any airplanes are in the sky and I followed all other rules. I just don't know what I should do for this.

What do you mean by "no fly zone" - an FAA no fly zone or something in the DJI geofencing system? And in any case - calling the airport to notify is no longer an option for recreational pilots. Where you can fly is entirely determined now by the class of airspace. If it is uncontrolled (Class G) you are good to go - contingent on there being no local laws prohibiting takeoff and landing. If it is controlled airspace then you can only fly at FAA-designated RC fields.

“But it's still technically illegal”

You’ve earned more respect and show more maturity with your questions and comments than the one other offering really bad advice.

As for sar104’s comments, he’s right- try to see if there are other fliers in town that can help you out with finding legal places to fly, also consider getting a 107 certificate, you could be able to fly legally there and turn your prohobby into some pocket money or tuition for college! Keep asking questions too! Good luck!

Last edited:
Well my drone lets me fly there. I got around that. But it's still technically illegal
KUDOS to you! Possibly one of the best, and smartest replies I've seen on the INTERNET in several days!! Well done my friend... very well done!!

You’ve earned more respect and show more maturity with your questions and comments than the one other offering really bad advice.

If I could I would give you a Gold-Star for the BEST reply to a BEST reply!! I now think there is hope for our future in the industry :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Can you link us to the town? Maybe someone else can take a look at the airspace and give you some recommendations.

Reactions: BigAl07
Personally what you do in your own backyard below tree height is your business, that's just MO and you can have tons of fun, no 107 needed!!! Others will abide by FAA needing permission to even breath FAAs air, and that too is ok. Be smart about flying and use common sense, it's really just that easy.

Personally what you do in your own backyard below tree height is your business, that's just MO and you can have tons of fun, no 107 needed!!! Others will abide by FAA needing permission to even breath FAAs air, and that too is ok. Be smart about flying and use common sense, it's really just that easy.

Wrong answer. You can go buy a $20 drone from Walmart and get your jollies. If you are flying a Mavic in a NFZ, you are grounded. Period.

So I live in a small town in Wisconsin called Viroqua and my drone just warns me saying that I'm not allowed to fly here but it lets me. It's a FAA rule not DJI. The airport is tiny. I don't know if anyone could help me out with this info. Also I do have my 107 does that mean I am allowed to fly within this 5 mile radius. I only know one other person in town with a drone. We use our drones for filming wedding and other such things. We have never gotten in trouble for flying. I just want to prevent getting in trouble.

My opinion is that if people insist on knowingly flying in an NFZ, they should get a Tello, sit and watch a baseball game in their living room, and buzz their cat or dog.

So I live in a small town in Wisconsin called Viroqua and my drone just warns me saying that I'm not allowed to fly here but it lets me. It's a FAA rule not DJI. The airport is tiny. I don't know if anyone could help me out with this info. Also I do have my 107 does that mean I am allowed to fly within this 5 mile radius. I only know one other person in town with a drone. We use our drones for filming wedding and other such things. We have never gotten in trouble for flying. I just want to prevent getting in trouble.
When I've photographed weddings, I'm never above 60', ever! There again, use common sense and you'll never have a issue.

Tho some still need Government assistance to have common sense, and that's ok!

Well I never fly high I've never had a reason too the tallest building in my town is probably 100ft

No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft in a manner that interferes with operations and traffic patterns at any airport, heliport, or seaplane base.

Common sense thing. Are you or are you not going to interfere?

No person may operate a small unmanned aircraft in a manner that interferes with operations and traffic patterns at any airport, heliport, or seaplane base.

Common sense thing.

Well I'm not an idiot I'm not going to [Language Removed by Moderator] around and mess with planes. Common sense. I'm literally just trying to get information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky