DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Entire town a No fly zone

So I live in a small town in Wisconsin called Viroqua and my drone just warns me saying that I'm not allowed to fly here but it lets me. It's a FAA rule not DJI. The airport is tiny. I don't know if anyone could help me out with this info. Also I do have my 107 does that mean I am allowed to fly within this 5 mile radius. I only know one other person in town with a drone. We use our drones for filming wedding and other such things. We have never gotten in trouble for flying. I just want to prevent getting in trouble.

So I'm good? Don't need to worry about anything. I still don't understand the classes of airspace. Trying to learn as much as I can.

It's great that you actively looking to learn and you will get good advice here, but I have to ask - how did you pass the Part 107 test without knowing any of these regulations or understanding classes of airspace?

It's great that you actively looking to learn and you will get good advice here, but I have to ask - how did you pass the Part 107 test without knowing any of these regulations or understanding classes of airspace?

Cheif I don't know. I barely passed. I got this a a Christmas present and I have no idea how I passed.

Reactions: sar104
I think he meant:
If i do have my 107 does that mean I am allowed to fly ...

Edit: disregard my post - OP replied.

Reactions: sar104
Cheif I don't know. I barely passed. I got this a a Christmas present and I have no idea how I passed.

OK - well congratulations, and in that case you are doing the right thing asking those questions. You appear to be in Class G (uncontrolled) airspace, so you have no flight restrictions other than the obligation to stay out of the way of traffic in and out of the airport.

Reactions: dawgpilot
OK - well congratulations, and in that case you are doing the right thing asking those questions. You appear to be in Class G (uncontrolled) airspace, so you have no flight restrictions other than the obligation to stay out of the way of traffic in and out of the airport.
then we would get into hobby vs commercial flight and then VLOS, 400', etc.

Drone flight is soooooo easy.

• Haha
Reactions: BigAl07

you're going to confuse some people when you say no flight restrictions, if they are not following the context. makes it seem like you can fly at 900 feet over the local baseball stadium during a night game a mile away while you drive your car. :)

you're going to confuse some people when you say no flight restrictions, if they are not following the context. makes it seem like you can fly at 900 feet over the local baseball stadium during a night game a mile away while you drive your car. :)

Good point.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spencergotty