DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Okay, i maps are now working on my BT-300 !
Here is how i managed it:
I thought to myself: "probably that *§$% Go Maps need google play store informations...
Then it came to my mind that i used a hack to use Apps on my Amazon FireTV Stick that require play store.
I went to that site (its in german, may use google translate) and followed the few steps to install play store support.
(So KUDOS goes to aftvhacks.de !!!!! )
Go to "Fire TV & Fire TV Stick Downloads: APKs von Apps & Games" in the browser.
scroll to the section "Google Play Store ".
Follow the steps, basically download & install apk's (you need to allow install from unknown sources in the settings).
I'll outline the steps here:
First dload & Install google play services
reboot
Dload & install google account manager
install google Services Framework
Install google play store
Start the play store and enter your google credentials.
The play store will NOT run but your credentilals will be registered.
Then clear cache & data for DJI go (first backup stuff if you need to rescue flight records or the like).
Start DJI GO, at least for me everything was great, offline maps showed selection of continents/countries/region and i downloaded my usual maps.
Maps are fine and look and feel internationalized (German in my case).
All this was done on DJI GO 4.0.7 but i guess it will work with older versions as well.
I guess this link does something similar (englisg site) but i did not bother to try:
How to install Android TV’s Google Play Music app on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick without root
Hope it works for you guys as well !
Ender

yeah that's a valid point there...

Still I'd be curious as to what we can get away with with the SDK since these are 100% dev glasses as is the Android OS.

One deterrent from Goggles was that I live in AZ. I'd imagine they'd be fogging up on me and they'd get pretty hot inside after 5 or 10 minutes. Not sure if that's been an issue for anyone?

P.S. what's the charge time on these BT-300s?

I thought to myself: "probably that *§$% Go Maps need google play store informations...
Then it came to my mind that i used a hack to use Apps on my Amazon FireTV Stick that require play store.
I went to that site (its in german, may use google translate) and followed the few steps to install play store support.
Go to "Fire TV & Fire TV Stick Downloads: APKs von Apps & Games" in the browser.
Follow the steps, basically download & install apk's (you need to allow install from unknown sources in the settings).
reboot
Then clear cache & data for DJI go (first backup stuff if you need to rescue flight records or the like).
Start DJI GO, at least for me everything was great, offline maps showed selection of continents/countries/region and i downloaded my usual maps.
All this was done on DJI GO 4.0.7 but i guess it will work with older versions as well.
I guess this link does something similar (englisg site) but i did not bother to try:
How to install Android TV’s Google Play Music app on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick without root
Ender

How long should the INITIAL Google Play services 2 install take ? Going on 5 min and says installing. with the green bar zipping across.

NEVER MIND. It took a little over 6 min to finish installing.....

reboot
Ender
you Star! Followed the instructions on the link for the Amazon Fire TV in English. downloaded and extracted the three APK's, I didn't need the music app.
Then followed your instructions above....
Offline maps downloadable works a treat showing the Here maps in the main DJI app window too! .....Brilliant workaround instructions :)

I am so glad we waited for Epson to give us their solution! VERY SARCASTIC COMMENT!

Thank you for the fix. We are now 100% functional! I think this should be linked at the top for a solution for ALL BT-300 users....

I am curious would Litchi work in that scenario ? I only own it for the iOS but would be willing to buy it again for Android if I can just download the APK after buying it through the web on the Google Play store.

Anyone that owns Litchi on Android and the BT-300 that can validate this ?

Reactions: Evo1668
Hi !
Great it works for you as well, i did a lot of stuff and tried to boil it down to the essence.
Just got the BT-300 today...
I will try a bit to get google play working full but i guess we are now OPERATIONAL :)

Ender

Do you need to use a sideloading app like Downloader or ES File Explorer or do you just install the apps?
Is this the correct order of install for the APKs?
  • 1 com.google.android.gsf.login v4.4.4-1215936.apk
  • 2 com.google.android.gms v8.7.03.apk
  • 3 com.android.vending v6.0.2.apk
Brilliant work btw :)

You just need to install the apk's !
So you can dload them on the pc and put them on a micro SD card as well.
(at least thats afaik)

Ender

awesomeness! You just made a lot of people happy and you just used this device for what it's for, dev/hackin. Old school hackin that is ;)

WHile thats all very nice of you guys, may remember that those FireTV hackers did the job, i just came up with the idea that amaps may need google services as well...

Good night !

Ender

WHile thats all very nice of you guys, may remember that those FireTV hackers did the job, i just came up with the idea that amaps may need google services as well...

Good night !

Ender

Thank you and good night!

I will be very interested in knowing if I can get Litchi working as well. I don't want to buy an Android version just to find out it does not work. I will for now use my iOS device for Litchi until we have a solution for that as well. Now I can use the Go 4 app on the BT-300 without any other kind of alternative setup. :)

They have the demo Litchi that you can try out and it's basically the full version. I think it just had some watermarks on your video or somethin.

They have the demo Litchi that you can try out and it's basically the full version. I think it just had some watermarks on your video or somethin.

But how can you get the DEMO version to become the full version without the Google Play store FULL functionality. I do not have any other Android devices so I would buy it direct off the web browser through Chrome on my Mac and I would assume somehow if I can download the APK and install it, that I could get the app to talk to the service to validate the purchase that has been made. BUT I do not want to go buy it if that is not going to be the case and it would not work.

I know Litchi has already said it does not work because the Play store does not work and the app needs it's initial validation. But with the new changes that has just taken place and we have a PARTIALLY functional Play Store I am curious if my scenario would work. Only way to find out would be for someone that ALREADY OWNS the program to test my scenario. :)

T H I S.....I S ..... S O O O O O .....V E R Y ........ C O O L....!!!! At work now so cannot play. First thing in the morning then. THANK YOU!

Interesting. I had Google Maps loaded through an APK download and direct install. Now I rebooted the BT-300 and I have 2 warnings which I expect is the case for the versions that were downloaded off the site. The Google Play Store wants to update and it states maps will also not run without the update. So I launched the Google maps app and now it no longer works. NOT a big deal AT ALL since I only had it on there for a visual info since the DJI G 4 app map was not working. I also just tested the DJI g 4 app again after the reboot and it all seems to be working with no issues. I will test outside flight sometime tomorrow.

I have not tried to remove the G Maps app and re-install it and see if it works but that is the least of my worries.

Interesting. I had Google Maps loaded through an APK download and direct install. Now I rebooted the BT-300 and I have 2 warnings which I expect is the case for the versions that were downloaded off the site. The Google Play Store wants to update and it states maps will also not run without the update. So I launched the Google maps app and now it no longer works. NOT a big deal AT ALL since I only had it on there for a visual info since the DJI G 4 app map was not working. I also just tested the DJI g 4 app again after the reboot and it all seems to be working with no issues. I will test outside flight sometime tomorrow.

I have not tried to remove the G Maps app and re-install it and see if it works but that is the least of my worries.

Ok, nightshift my brain is numb. So what is the sequence to download and install what? I downloaded this zip with the 4 APK's onto a usb stick. So what do I do when I get home and power the Moverio?

Extract and install following
  • 1 com.google.android.gsf.login v4.4.4-1215936.apk
  • 2 com.google.android.gms v8.7.03.apk
  • 3 com.android.vending v6.0.2.apk
Then follow Enders post above. Log in to playstore ( it will fail, but credentials will be saved)
Close DJI Go and Clear DJI Go data and cache
Run DJI Go....
Presto!

This was confusing:

"First dload & Install google play services
reboot
Install google play store"

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads