DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I shall formulate this carefully:
@Ender : im still running previous fw of moverio. IF id un-install go4 and re-install a different version (a "modified" version enabling FCC power setting), what steps , if any would i need to get the offline maps again?
Can't think anymore..:(
FCC power setting ? What's that ?
I'll uninstall go 4 and update fw

I updated the Moverio software and then I reinstalled the dji Go 4 app with still no luck.
I have the same screen asking me to update the Go 4 and and I keep cliking with the same screen popping up

Here's the screen I get. Very frustrating.

Attachments

• IMG_4994.JPG
    IMG_4994.JPG
    532.9 KB · Views: 91
Hi !
Unluckily to get rid of that screen you would have to:
-1- stop DJI GO in Settings/Apps
-2- delete the file /data/data/dji.go.v4/files/Config.data
-3- from there on use DJI GO w/o Internet or Firewall or black/whitelist

Stupidly -2- requires root :-(

So for now you'd have to update to 4.1.3

There is a 4.1.3 version "in the net" that has been patched to block force-fw-update and allows FCC power by click of a button. but i cant point toward here as its illegal (patched DJI property).

Ender

Hi !
Unluckily to get rid of that screen you would have to:
-1- stop DJI GO in Settings/Apps
-2- delete the file /data/data/dji.go.v4/files/Config.data
-3- from there on use DJI GO w/o Internet or Firewall or black/whitelist

Stupidly -2- requires root :-(

So for now you'd have to update to 4.1.3

There is a 4.1.3 version "in the net" that has been patched to block force-fw-update and allows FCC power by click of a button. but i cant point toward here as its illegal (patched DJI property).

Ender

Please explain how to update it or instal?

@Turnerm , did you receive your Rochester Rx inserts? If so, how did they work out? Mine arrive Wednesday.

@Turnerm , did you receive your Rochester Rx inserts? If so, how did they work out? Mine arrive Wednesday.
Haven't gotten them yet. I haven't even received word as to when they will be arriving which is a bit frustrating because I think I ordered mine before you did but maybe not!

Let me know how you like them. Fingers crossed that they solve the blurry edges issue!

Please explain how to update it or instal?
Uhm, what do you mean ?
Updating to normal version is just done using google play store.

About that other 4.1.3. i dont like to comment as its AFAIK not legal as it patched DJI's property.

Greetings,

Ender

I've had a few more flights with the BT and I'm starting to love them. The fact I can tap to mute pic and look over or under glasses to see my Mavic is key.
I fly a lot of fpv drone racing and there I need complete immersion not flying my mav. Don't get me wrong, immersion is cool for mav when I'm in a wide open field or area, but not in an urban environment.
Pic quality is good but I think I'll need a corrrection lense from Rochester to fix the pupil distance issue. The outside edges are blurry.
I also really hope that epson comes out with more apps for everyday use.

I've had a few more flights with the BT and I'm starting to love them. The fact I can tap to mute pic and look over or under glasses to see my Mavic is key.
I fly a lot of fpv drone racing and there I need complete immersion not flying my mav. Don't get me wrong, immersion is cool for mav when I'm in a wide open field or area, but not in an urban environment.
Pic quality is good but I think I'll need a corrrection lense from Rochester to fix the pupil distance issue. The outside edges are blurry.
I also really hope that epson comes out with more apps for everyday use.
Good to hear! I'll let you know how my prescription inserts work out. FYI - for me, closing one eye solves the blurry edges in a pinch (like when navigating the DJI GO4 menus. But that's mostly because my right pupil just happens to line up pretty well over the prism. My left pupil falls a a bit short - thus to blurriness.

Good to hear! I'll let you know how my prescription inserts work out. FYI - for me, closing one eye solves the blurry edges in a pinch (like when navigating the DJI GO4 menus. But that's mostly because my right pupil just happens to line up pretty well over the prism. My left pupil falls a a bit short - thus to blurriness.
I have the same exact issue. Right good, left bad. Lol

Anyone using a BlueTooth keyboard notice the keyboard drops out a lot and seems to interfere with the WiFi?
It's most noticeable in the AppStore since the AppStore refreshes the app list every time the WiFi drops/reconnects.
I'm updating to 1.3 on the Moverio right now but I've always had this issue, I just rarely use both so never had it happen enough till now to notice the pattern.
This is the keyboard I have but it seems to be an issue at the Moverio and resource sharing between the BT and WiFi chipsets, not specifically device related to the keyboard.
Amazon.com: IS11-BT05 Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad / Backlight for Android / Windows / iOS - Black: Computers & Accessories

Anyone using a BlueTooth keyboard notice the keyboard drops out a lot and seems to interfere with the WiFi?
It's most noticeable in the AppStore since the AppStore refreshes the app list every time the WiFi drops/reconnects.
I'm updating to 1.3 on the Moverio right now but I've always had this issue, I just rarely use both so never had it happen enough till now to notice the pattern.
This is the keyboard I have but it seems to be an issue at the Moverio and resource sharing between the BT and WiFi chipsets, not specifically device related to the keyboard.
Amazon.com: IS11-BT05 Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad / Backlight for Android / Windows / iOS - Black: Computers & Accessories
I use a makeshift Bluetooth iPad keyboard and don't have this issue.

Yes, you ordered before I did.... might want to give them a call. Mine will arrive today.
They showed up yesterday. Guess they forgot to let me know they had shipped them.

They did not fix my issue however. I'm a little disappointed. I'll try the ADB resolution fox and see if that works.

Quick question....I just received my Mov's downloaded the go 4 app from Epson (4.1.2) and I noticed that I don't have maps...Do I need to do the work around to get the maps working? Also did a quick flight and did notice some lag and pixelization hopfully they fix that with a future firmware update...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones