DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Well, I figured out the connecting problem, it's the usb connector on the side that connected with my iPhone, I'm using the controller USB connector under the moverio, if I leave the short cable on the side plugged in even when not connected to anything the go app will not connect. I updated the mavic and mavic controller to the latest firmware, installed the latest go app from the moverio store and everything connects every time. Now to charge it up and fly it real world and see if it pixelates.
Keep us posted on how it goes and how ya like them.

Keep us posted on how it goes and how ya like them.
Well, it flew pretty well, flew it out BVR (beyond visual range) and tested return to home, spot on twice and it was a little windy, mavic even warned me about wind. It did pixelate right when I lift off for a second maybe two, after that it was spot on.
My only gripe is fitment of the glasses, it is really hard to get a full view of the display without actually holding them, I'm 61 and at this point in life I'm using reading glasses 1.75 for anything up close, wearing the moverio I don't need them but the outside edges are hard to get clear. I think I'll need to work on the nose bridge to get a better fit but by work I mean bend the nose bridge.

The range is determined by the Mavic and the controller, the visual aid device (iPad or phone or goggles or glasses) is simply displaying what it is fed from the controller. There will be no difference in range from using any of the available display options.

The range is determined by the Mavic and the controller, the visual aid device (iPad or phone or goggles or glasses) is simply displaying what it is fed from the controller. There will be no difference in range from using any of the available display options.
Not technically correct, the DJI goggles connect directly to the Mavic and the Moverios connect to the remote. Still the range is probably the same. Any drone other than the Mavic and this is correct.

Yes, works like a charm, I have a real fast wifi connection in my backyard and went live on Facebook.

Has anyone flown using Litchi on iOS and mirroring the display to the Moverio, using the "Mirroring360 AirPlay Receiver" app?

Reactions: mrachal
Any idea what's causing it? It's definitely only happening with my Moverio. I have immediately swapped out to my iPad mini and my Pixel phone (Android) on the same flight and not had the issue so it appears to be a Moverio thing.

Luckily it only happens to me when the MP is close by but it's still frustrating.

Try when you're further away and gimbal straight down. As the image processing needs to pick up, pixellation becomes a fact. Moverio has slow brains.

Try when you're further away and gimbal straight down. As the image processing needs to pick up, pixellation becomes a fact. Moverio has slow brains.
So with that said are you not recommending Moverio at this time?
I only ask because I just bought one 30 minutes ago and $800 is a lot of $$$ if the product does not work well.

So with that said are you not recommending Moverio at this time?
I only ask because I just bought one 30 minutes ago and $800 is a lot of $$$ if the product does not work well.

Oh please do not get me wrong!
I can accept the pixellation up to some extent. I ve tried several alternatives. The moverio is still the only interface i will use until a more powerful version surfaces but who knows when!
Not even everyone seems to have this issue.
I do not know where you purchased it but you could always consider returning it if no like!
The DJI goggles might be of better/faster picture quality but in my case....no way. Too bulky, too heavy. Mavic has to remain portable.
Outside that my next option would be small crystalsky (cause it has HDMI output) with Glyph but then again more stuff to carry around and unrealistic colors with glyph.
Edit: im pretty sure you will like/love the moverio if the goggles are not your thing.
It s not perfect but there is not much that comes closer.

Last edited:
Oh please do not get me wrong!
I can accept the pixellation up to some extent. I ve tried several alternatives. The moverio is still the only interface i will use until a more powerful version surfaces but who knows when!
Not even everyone seems to have this issue.
I do not know where you purchased it but you could always consider returning it if no like!
The DJI goggles might be of better/faster picture quality but in my case....no way. Too bulky, too heavy. Mavic has to remain portable.
Outside that my next option would be small crystalsky (cause it has HDMI output) with Glyph but then again more stuff to carry around and unrealistic colors with glyph.
Good to know ...thank you... I had that DJI goggles on order but cancelled them because of the bulkiness. I ordered from Amazon so I can return them within the 30-day window if I don't like them

Good to know ...thank you... I had that DJI goggles on order but cancelled them because of the bulkiness. I ordered from Amazon so I can return them within the 30-day window if I don't like them
Yes, amazon is great! I think you'll be fine. I learned that drone-nerds (have become 1 past 6 months) are demanding crowd!

Yes, amazon is great! I think you'll be fine. I learned that drone-nerds (have become 1 past 6 months) are demanding crowd!
I think you're correct... I've been doing this since the early days of MK When you had to solder a bunch of components together and hope the thing didn't burn up in a quick Flash.
Spent more time building & repairing than flying. Now ready to do the opposite.

You won't be disappointed. In my opinion, the BT-300's are the best product out there. Super portable/light and they give you excellent situational awareness. I think this is the future of drone flying. Right now the price is too high but... I love it.

Just ordered mine from Amazon. Fingers crossed I have no problems setting them up !
I might need some assistance being not familiar with Android devices. Is the map working now with the latest DJI Go 4?

Just ordered mine from Amazon. Fingers crossed I have no problems setting them up !
I might need some assistance being not familiar with Android devices. Is the map working now with the latest DJI Go 4?
The map is working fine for me.

So I just got my moverios and download the dji Go 4 app. And it asking me to update. I click update numerous times and it keeps bringing me back to the screen that's asks me to update the dji Go 4 due to bug fixes.
I'm in the process of updating the Moverio software now. Is it because moverios software is not up to date ? I can't get past the update screen

Last edited:
I shall formulate this carefully:
@Ender : im still running previous fw of moverio. IF id un-install go4 and re-install a different version (a "modified" version enabling FCC power setting), what steps , if any would i need to get the offline maps again?
Can't think anymore..:(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial