DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Yes, you ordered before I did.... might want to give them a call. Mine will arrive today.

When did you order yours? I ordered two weeks ago tomorrow, on June 22. Have not heard anything, but have paid.

Really hoping they work as advertised!

When did you order yours? I ordered two weeks ago tomorrow, on June 22. Have not heard anything, but have paid.

Really hoping they work as advertised!
Ordered June 28th, received today (July 5th). They would have been delivered Monday 7/3, but I wasn't going to be home so I delayed delivery. They work great for me, and I was able to reset the resolution to standard 1280x720.

Ordered June 28th, received today (July 5th). They would have been delivered Monday 7/3, but I wasn't going to be home so I delayed delivery. They work great for me, and I was able to reset the resolution to standard 1280x720.
Thanks. I will have to reach out to them tomorrow to try to get an update. I do not know why it is taking so much longer for mine?

I am really anxious to try them out to see if they take away the blurry edges.

I just talked to Rochester Optical since my lenses are taking longer than expected. They said they ran into an issue on the IPD adjustment in their lenses, and had to make corrections for it. That is why my lenses are taking a while. They said that they have the issue fixed, and just need to make the same adjustment as for bifocals (since that is what I am getting).

I just left Sam a message explaining that my RX inserts really had no impact on the blurriness. Just waiting on a call back. Hopefully they can resolve the issue for me.

Anyone using a BlueTooth keyboard notice the keyboard drops out a lot and seems to interfere with the WiFi?
It's most noticeable in the AppStore since the AppStore refreshes the app list every time the WiFi drops/reconnects.
I'm updating to 1.3 on the Moverio right now but I've always had this issue, I just rarely use both so never had it happen enough till now to notice the pattern.
This is the keyboard I have but it seems to be an issue at the Moverio and resource sharing between the BT and WiFi chipsets, not specifically device related to the keyboard.
Amazon.com: IS11-BT05 Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard with Built-in Touchpad / Backlight for Android / Windows / iOS - Black: Computers & Accessories
This happens to me as well. I agree seems to be something with bluetooth / wifi interference. I have updated BT300 to v1.3.0.

Quick question....I just received my Mov's downloaded the go 4 app from Epson (4.1.2) and I noticed that I don't have maps...Do I need to do the work around to get the maps working? Also did a quick flight and did notice some lag and pixelization hopfully they fix that with a future firmware update...
I have not upgraded mov to newest fw but the ones that did report maps workaround not needed.
Pixellation is slow brain, no fw will fix that.

I have not upgraded mov to newest fw but the ones that did report maps workaround not needed.
Pixellation is slow brain, no fw will fix that.

Yes I can confirm that on latest DJI Go app the map workaround works. I reveter mine to .400 and plan to stay there. No pixelation at all un mine on .400 it appears tahn from .550 tp .600 they increased the sensitivity and cause some pixelation.

Yes I can confirm that on latest DJI Go app the map workaround works. I reveter mine to .400 and plan to stay there. No pixelation at all un mine on .400 it appears tahn from .550 tp .600 they increased the sensitivity and cause some pixelation.
Im on .0200, still pixellation. None with k1 shield or smartphone, just bt300.

So...I'm on .400 2nd flight and pixelization was so bad I had to return and restart....think I'm going to delete and reinstall everything...2 flights out I like the concept but the hardware is no way worth the $900.00 investment. I'm in a total $1100 with the perscription inserts... @ this point I'm thinking it's not the $$$$.i really want to like it but the hardware is way underpowered...

I'm thinking about getting rid of my DJI Goggles and getting the BT-300's. I wasn't to impressed with dji's. I've tried headplays, fatsharks, Glyphs and DJI goggles and haven't been happy with any of them. It comes down to having to wear glasses for close and distance. I mounted +4 carson lenses in the DJI's but still wasn't happy. What options do I have with these as far as glasses, what's the focal distance? I've read here that Rochester Rx inserts are being used, is that just for close distance? I liked the glyphs best but was still a hassle trying to see the screen and being able to focus on the ipad. I'm reluctant to spend $800 on another pair of goggles that I can't get to work right.

I'm thinking about getting rid of my DJI Goggles and getting the BT-300's. I wasn't to impressed with dji's. I've tried headplays, fatsharks, Glyphs and DJI goggles and haven't been happy with any of them. It comes down to having to wear glasses for close and distance. I mounted +4 carson lenses in the DJI's but still wasn't happy. What options do I have with these as far as glasses, what's the focal distance? I've read here that Rochester Rx inserts are being used, is that just for close distance? I liked the glyphs best but was still a hassle trying to see the screen and being able to focus on the ipad. I'm reluctant to spend $800 on another pair of goggles that I can't get to work right.
According to Rochester Optical, the BT300s use your distance vision (80" @ 5 meters). I found that to be true, and my regular progressive glasses worked better than my readers/computer glasses. I now have the Rochester inserts, and they work great. I had the DJI goggles, but sold them once I started using the BT300s. I also have the Glyph, and the clarity on the BT300s (using the Rx insert) is far superior. The ability to see your surroundings and the drone above/below/sides/through the image on the BT300s is awesome. IMHO, its the best option available at this time.

According to Rochester Optical, the BT300s use your distance vision (80" @ 5 meters). I found that to be true, and my regular progressive glasses worked better than my readers/computer glasses. I now have the Rochester inserts, and they work great. I had the DJI goggles, but sold them once I started using the BT300s. I also have the Glyph, and the clarity on the BT300s (using the Rx insert) is far superior. The ability to see your surroundings and the drone above/below/sides/through the image on the BT300s is awesome. IMHO, its the best option available at this time.

So you used progressives with the BT-300 and they worked? I use progressive lens myself

So you used progressives with the BT-300 and they worked? I use progressive lens myself
Yes, they worked well. I have two pairs, one for computer work (closer focus), and one regular progressive prescription for general use. The regular prescription worked best. I ended up purchasing the Rx inserts which were made from my regular prescription. I prefer the inserts now, as they have a better (integrated) nose piece, and I can get the BT300s closer to my eyes.

The other goggles were much more immersive but that's not what I want while trying to keep track of a quad in the air, watch a monitor and people walking around you. I guess they have an hdmi input as well as a usb?

I I also use Progressive lenses and normally can't see anything clearly without them.. however I was surprised that I really didn't need glasses... It's just a little out of focus I can see everything clearly and even read the print on the app.

The other goggles were much more immersive but that's not what I want while trying to keep track of a quad in the air and watch a monitor. I guess they have an hdmi input as well as a usb?
No external inputs on the BT300 other than the micro sd card reader and the micro USB for the DJI controller. You have to use its integrated android device. You can AirPlay from iOS using an available 3rd party Moverio app.

No external inputs on the BT300 other than the micro sd card reader and the micro USB for the DJI controller. You have to use its integrated android device. You can AirPlay from iOS using an available 3rd party Moverio app.
Yikes, that's a downer, no HDMI and only DJI go or Go 4. I use Drone Deploy and Map pilot for commercial jobs way more than I use Go. So this takes the place of using a tablet, it's android with only a very few apps? I see there is a Moverio Marketplace for the apps, can any Android apps be side loaded on this?

So this takes the place of using a tablet, it's android with only a very few apps?
Yes, that is correct. There are only a few apps that I am aware of that are in the Moverio Marketplace. All are DJI (i.e. DJI Go 4 and DJI Ultimate Flight) I've heard of some folks who side loaded Litchi, but you wont find any details on the forum because of legality. Litchi is working on a Moverio version of their app.. Not sure about others.

Happy to report that I've spoken to Sam with Rochester Optical and they have sent me a return label for my optical inserts so that they can attempt to completely solve my blurry edges issue. He said that their inserts are aimed at solving this very specific issue so they hope to be able to come up with a solution that works for me.

Glad to see that this company fully stands behind their products. Good people and a good company for sure.

Reactions: mikesher
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost