DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I think these are great and would like to have them once I save up. My question to the group is, "Can you see the mavic or P4 any better thru them?"

I ask because flying normally (no goggles), I have real trouble tracking P4 or Mavic once the range gets out a thousand feet or so. I don't know how anyone legitimately flies within LOS at more than 1/4 sm.? These won't improve LOS visibility in any way right?
They're not going to do anything for los. Imagin someone hanging a semi transparent monitor out in front of your face.

What are you using, android studio? I downloaded a .jar bindings library sample for xamarin and visual studio I'm going to play around with that

You can develop AR apps with Unity and there is also another Couple of slack app devs kits around (dont remember the name) they are built for smart glasses and werables

I think these are great and would like to have them once I save up. My question to the group is, "Can you see the mavic or P4 any better thru them?"

I ask because flying normally (no goggles), I have real trouble tracking P4 or Mavic once the range gets out a thousand feet or so. I don't know how anyone legitimately flies within LOS at more than 1/4 sm.? These won't improve LOS visibility in any way right?

Well not sure how to answer you question. So well they dont give you like any "zoom" itself but you can config the quick buttons to bring up the full scale map.

However you dont need to be watching down to a screen and then up. So you can have continous LOS while at the same time having the live feed so that might help. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Zzzoom3
After living with BT-300's for about 4 months, I have a few observations to share:
I got them last winter when EVERYTHING here was covered with snow, and it was impossible for me to see anything useful on the screen of my 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 with the sun reflecting off the snow into my eyes. I even made a hood out of coroplast and black felt that made me resemble a 19th century photographer. It enabled me to see the screen, but blocked out everything else, so I was blinded by the glare and had to attempt to re-acquire LOS of my Mavic every time I came out from inside it. The Moverios solved that problem, but it was frustrating to not have access to maps.
I tried to use Ender's procedure for loading the maps via Google Account Manager and Google Play Services, but it was such a PIA to enter my Google credentials with the Moverio touchpad that I could never tell if I got it right, so I continued to fly without maps.
At some point, I upgraded to the latest version of DJI Go 4 and the latest firmware on the Moverio and Mavic, and, miraculously, maps are now working. Maybe all my flailing around with Google accounts did something and the maps loaded. I still don't understand what happened, but I'm not complaining unless the maps disappear.
I've tried the RO sunshades and the dark and medium sunshades that came with the Moverios and settled on the medium density shades. While the screen display shows up great with the darker shades, they're too dark for me to track my aircraft against the deep blue high altitude (8000') sky where I live.
It's doubtful that I'll return to using my tablet for DJI Go 4, but I can at least use it for e-books, web surfing, et\c.

Reactions: stratos
sorry for the late reply, glad you found it ! Still works great for NON hdcp contents and still good with that $5 Splitter trick :)

Ender

Reactions: stratos
Wanted to remind all that mavic mounts for the BT300 are available on etsy Epson Moverio BT-300 DJI Mavic mount by Luc Mahieux V3
I tried that one but the pivot/swivel mechanism is severely flawed. First of all it's not tight enough to keep the unit still if you actually use your finger on the touch pad. But the biggest issue is that if it swivels all the way up or down then the holder will fall out of the pivot.

There are other options on etsy also without the swivel, but I have not had issue.

Thanks, I meant the perceived focal distance. On the DJI goggles it's about 10"

I was going to try to get a pair of readers

it uses your distance vision.. not close-up. I tried readers, but found my normal progressives worked much better. I spoke with Rochester Optical, and they mentioned the distance vision. I did end up ordering the Rx inserts (non bi-focal), and definitely prefer the inserts to wearing glasses.

I was getting a slight bit of double on the far edges, but not bad at all. I don't like wearing them over my glasses so I guess I'll have to look into the prescription inserts. I wonder how well I would do taking a pair of lenses and a dremel and trying to get them to fit in the frames it came with

I was getting a slight bit of double on the far edges, but not bad at all. I don't like wearing them over my glasses so I guess I'll have to look into the prescription inserts. I wonder how well I would do taking a pair of lenses and a dremel and trying to get them to fit in the frames it came with
Even with the inserts, I was also getting a slight bit of double on the right side edge. I noticed that it went away when I pushed the Moverio's slightly to the right. I ended up bending the nose piece a little, which resolved the issue for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag