DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Hi,

First post here, as I am a Phantom pilot :)

Resurrecting a old post; this was the only post I could find with a reference to the calibrated interpupilary distance of the BT 300, and as mine is 63mm this is a dealbreaker of sorts if 70 is correct.

I am very surprised if it is, as the mean ipd is around 62/64 mm (female/male) (only ~ 5% of men and ~1 % of women have 70 or above), so I wonder if you measured this or got it directly from Epson?

Maybe someone with a ipd around 65 can tell me if it works without a lot of blurring?
Read up on Rochester Opticals smart gold prescription lens inserts for compensating IPD. Smart Glasses Optimized Lens Designs (Smart GOLD) Lenses for Epson BT-300
I measured my IPD as about 67mm and the display is pretty clear to me, even though I have slight astigmatism. I may still get these inserts. Give RO a call - they are very helpful.

Reactions: tomaswa
I'm not going to spend any more on this thing until I can see if the go and go 4 app work on it without all kinds of screen glitching. I'm a little concerned that this android might be to slow.

I'm not going to spend any more on this thing until I can see if the go and go 4 app work on it without all kinds of screen glitching. I'm a little concerned that this android might be to slow.
I agree, the Moverio controller is just barely powerful enough. I think I will be just using it to mirror from the Ipad or Galaxy.

I had the opportunity to try these about a month ago. As the OP mentions, it's not at all like flying with a VR headset. I found it disconcerting and difficult to quickly get my head around. I asked the owner and another person in the group who has a pair and both acknowledged that initially it wasn't intuitive and took some getting used to.

I have been playing with these things for the last couple week and what I have noticed is that sometime the lag is so bad that i can't fly with them...I stop restart everything make sure the I have a air gap and they work much better. I have a theory no proof and I'm no expert....When the Mov's were 1st released only the go app was available and they probably worked fine. I have read that the latest go4 apps has progressively gotten more process hungry taking up to 50% more resources than the previous go app which the Mov's processor can barely handle...Another site reported that the go4 app is trying to phone home and connect to multiple servers . This must take up more resources that's why I make sure i am not connected and nothing is running in the back ground.
I'm hoping that an upgraded controller will some time be available as I like the Mov's concept and usability. Also on another site they are reportedly working to strip the extra running background resource hogs out which also might help...If and when available I will give it a try.

I don't know where to post this but I have a brand new pair of Epson Moverio BT-300s that keep crashing the dJI GO 4 app! Trying to fly a Mavic, P4P and Inspire 2. So far all have worked but the mavic. I have to uninstall the reinstall the both DJI apps everytime. Works on the first flight then crashes when I power down every thing and try again.

Epson is sending a new pair in a few days but I think the set I have could work. They walked me through an initialization process (what to turn on first) then all the sudden I get a message saying, "inconsistent firmware, slide tab to right to fix". Epson has already done an advance return, where they overnight me a new pair, hold about $400 bucks on my cc then release it when they receive the inop set. However, I think the other set may work if I get the right software/firmware installed. Think I'll return these back to Amazon for the $800 bucks I paid for them and let Epson charge my card $400 for a pair right off the line.

Point being, anyone had any mavic issues with these? Wanna buy some hardly used DJI goggles?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share with you the some exciting news.
Epson have said in some roadshows for the BT300 that they are creating new apps specifically designed for the DJI drones that will be an overhauled version of the standard DJI app.

Well got the confirmation from Eric that they are indeed working on them and will hear something soon :)

727829660bfdd6919c6c2cacafa87b83.jpg
325bd65a0fba7630b3b1082d41629e36.jpg

Reactions: Will.i.am and Adhi
I tried the Mirroring360 receiver, and installed the corresponding Mirroring360 sender app on my Galaxy Tab. The problem was that only video was mirrored, no audio. I think you have to pay extra for that. The BT-300 has built-in Miracast, so I just grabbed an app called Screen Stream Mirroring for the Tab, turned on the miracast receiver on the BT-300 in display settings, and was able to mirror video and audio. This may be the way I will fly now, since I can run GO4 on the tab and mirror the display to the Moverios. The controls on the Tab are easier to use than the BT-300 controller. The lag is minimal, less than half second. Haven't tried it on ipad, but I just picked one up, so I intend to. Problem is the Mirroring360 sender app for the ipad costs $15, so I'll be looking for another sender app.

How were you able to get that working outside. I can mirror my iPad inside while both the iPad and bt300 is connected to my wifi, but as soon as I go outside no more mirroring

Just a FYI for anyone getting the prescription inserts from Rochester Optical when you give them your PD make sure yu give them the left and right measurement. . They made insets for me with the overall PD measurement and it didn't work...had dbl vision.. Rochester worked with me and found out that evidently my nose is not centered.. probably form breaking it a few times. I have to say that working with Rochester has been a stellar experience they are very helpful they are making a new set of lenses to correct the problem.

Reactions: stratos
This is good news...Are they aware of the lag problem that everyone is experiencing?

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to share with you the some exciting news.
Epson have said in some roadshows for the BT300 that they are creating new apps specifically designed for the DJI drones that will be an overhauled version of the standard DJI app.

Well got the confirmation from Eric that they are indeed working on them and will hear something soon :)

727829660bfdd6919c6c2cacafa87b83.jpg
325bd65a0fba7630b3b1082d41629e36.jpg

How were you able to get that working outside. I can mirror my iPad inside while both the iPad and bt300 is connected to my wifi, but as soon as I go outside no more mirroring
On my Android devices, I used Wifi Direct. Or you could set one device as a hotspot and connect the other to it. Any way that gets both devices on the same network. Not sure if these are available for IOS.

Had my BT-300's a few days now. I give it an A+ for the technology, but a C for form-factor. I know I probably have an odd-shaped melon of a head, but getting a clear view of the screens has been a chore, and at this point only marginally useful in the field. I'm nearsighted with PD of 62.5. Without glasses it took me a lot of adjustment to be able to get a full vision of the screen through both eyes. When I put my eyeglasses on and use the glasses nose bridge adapter, the BT-300 sits almost on the very tip of my nose. This seems to cause vignetting in the screen view, and I lose the lower right corner of the right eye screen. It's almost like tunnel vision. I took in the glasses insert that comes with the BT-300 to an eyeglasses store and ordered insert lenses. They'll arrive in a couple weeks. I'm hoping this will improve alignment for me. I was tempted to return it after my first test, but I do need this technology, not just with my Mavic, but with some of my DIY projects as well. So, I'll keep working with it. And I do admit, if everything is lined up right, it works exceptionally well with the Mavic.

Had my BT-300's a few days now. I give it an A+ for the technology, but a C for form-factor. I know I probably have an odd-shaped melon of a head, but getting a clear view of the screens has been a chore, and at this point only marginally useful in the field. I'm nearsighted with PD of 62.5. Without glasses it took me a lot of adjustment to be able to get a full vision of the screen through both eyes. When I put my eyeglasses on and use the glasses nose bridge adapter, the BT-300 sits almost on the very tip of my nose. This seems to cause vignetting in the screen view, and I lose the lower right corner of the right eye screen. It's almost like tunnel vision. I took in the glasses insert that comes with the BT-300 to an eyeglasses store and ordered insert lenses. They'll arrive in a couple weeks. I'm hoping this will improve alignment for me. I was tempted to return it after my first test, but I do need this technology, not just with my Mavic, but with some of my DIY projects as well. So, I'll keep working with it. And I do admit, if everything is lined up right, it works exceptionally well with the Mavic.

I had a slight problem where I couldn't see the very bottom corners, but it wasn't bad. The display is great in the sun. I've tried just about every kind of goggles there are Headplays, fatsharks, Glyphs, BT300's DJI's and I haven't found a pair I was 100% happy with.

This is good news...Are they aware of the lag problem that everyone is experiencing?

Indont know what lag are you talking about. Im not experiencing any lagr wathsoever. Its exactly as using a phone or tablet. So no there is no lag at all.

Have you tried having the inserts with prescription glasses mounted ? You can reach out your optometrist or even Roschester they can do them for you. This eliminate any issues.

Else you can get the bt-350 in which you can adjust the interpupilary distance

Indont know what lag are you talking about. Im not experiencing any lagr wathsoever. Its exactly as using a phone or tablet. So no there is no lag at all.
So if you climb to say 100 ft for example... point the camera straight down you don't get lag... Pixelization...or dropped frames?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54