DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Guys read all 47 pages and tried all suggestions to get my screen off my Nvidia Sheild K1 to show up on the bt300's but no go. what am I doing wrong?.

Guys read all 47 pages and tried all suggestions to get my screen off my Nvidia Sheild K1 to show up on the bt300's but no go. what am I doing wrong?.
Why do you want your Shield screen to display on the bt300?. I think the only way to do that is with screen mirroring. Get a screen mirror app for your Shield and turn on miracast on the bt300. What have you tried?

Why do you want your Shield screen to display on the bt300?. I think the only way to do that is with screen mirroring. Get a screen mirror app for your Shield and turn on miracast on the bt300. What have you tried?

Thats what I have tried but I cant get it to work the sheild does not see any other device on all the mirror apps I have tried even with the BT300 screen set to receive .
I want to use Litchi on the BT300 so thought about trying it this way as it dont work on the Bt's.

I use Screen Stream Mirroring Pro by Mobzapp. It works good on my Tab S2.

I'm happy to report that Rochester Optical reworked (or completely re-did) my prescription inserts because the first attempt wasn't an improvement at all. The second attempt is MUCH, MUCH better. I'd say that I had about 60% clarity with the stock glasses and now I have 90+%. Certainly within the realm of "good enough for me."

A huge thumbs up to Rochester for standing behind their product and being committed to getting it right. Sam Chen and team are top notch. They are the classic example of entrepreneurship - stepping up to fill a void and doing so with top-notch service.

Have you tried having the inserts with prescription glasses mounted ? You can reach out your optometrist or even Roschester they can do them for you. This eliminate any issues.

Else you can get the bt-350 in which you can adjust the interpupilary distance

Yes, as I mentioned, I ordered the prescription inserts which will arrive in a couple weeks, hopefully sooner. I'm not sure it's an inter-pupilary distance problem, I think it's more a factor of having the BT-300's sitting way down on the end of my nose. I suspect things will improve with the optical inserts, as I will be able to move the BT-300s back up to a more normal place on my nose. A bit of it is that glasses always sit a tad odd on my head anyway; maybe my ears aren't level or I was dropped on my head as a child. I'm saving any further assessment for when I have the inserts and can fully employ them. And the $799 price tag for the Bt-300s was high enough, I'm not dropping $1400 on the BT-350s! :D

Reactions: stratos
Else you can get the bt-350 in which you can adjust the interpupilary distance
I haven't read anywhere that the BT350 has adjustable IPD. I believe they have the same optics as the BT300. The 350s are meant to be shared in an industrial environment, so they come with adjustable/replaceable temple arms and a docking station. But AFAIK the IPD is fixed.

I haven't read anywhere that the BT350 has adjustable IPD. I believe they have the same optics as the BT300. The 350s are meant to be shared in an industrial environment, so they come with adjustable/replaceable temple arms and a docking station. But AFAIK the IPD is fixed.
It's really annoying that Epson is putting this out with a fixed PPD. But I'm going to give the the benefit of the doubt and assume that there's a really difficult technical reason that they are doing this.

But Rochester Optical solved my issue which is great.

I'm happy to report that Rochester Optical reworked (or completely re-did) my prescription inserts because the first attempt wasn't an improvement at all. The second attempt is MUCH, MUCH better. I'd say that I had about 60% clarity with the stock glasses and now I have 90+%. Certainly within the realm of "good enough for me."

A huge thumbs up to Rochester for standing behind their product and being committed to getting it right. Sam Chen and team are top notch. They are the classic example of entrepreneurship - stepping up to fill a void and doing so with top-notch service.

Yes, They do have great customer service. my 2nd pair back still was not up to par, better than 1st pair though. I did a FaceTime call with Sam and an engineer to go over the issues.

They could tell a lot with a face to face interaction. Simply by how I would move the lenses around and show them things visually.

They said to keep the inserts I have right now, and they will work on new ones. It may be a few weeks they said. Above and beyond most customer service for on-line purchases!

Reactions: stratos
Yes, They do have great customer service. my 2nd pair back still was not up to par, better than 1st pair though. I did a FaceTime call with Sam and an engineer to go over the issues.

They could tell a lot with a face to face interaction. Simply by how I would move the lenses around and show them things visually.

They said to keep the inserts I have right now, and they will work on new ones. It may be a few weeks they said. Above and beyond most customer service for on-line purchases!
Wow! That's fantastic!! I guess I kinda figured if my second pair didn't work that we'd both just pack it in and call it a day (after returning my money). That's awesome to hear that they are still working hard to get yours right for you! I could tell that my new pair were very close right away. After about 5 minutes of messing around with the nose piece I got it pretty well dialed in. It's to the point now that I doubt I would've ever noticed anything was slightly off. It's very clear.

So if you climb to say 100 ft for example... point the camera straight down you don't get lag... Pixelization...or dropped frames?

Not at all. Why would you?
I have been flying out more than 3 or 4 km away with no issues. Just rememberthe BT 300 is the same as having a phone or tablet connected to the controller mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palinuro
Out of financial interest, would the bt-200's work with Mavic?
The BT-200 controller only runs Android 4.0. DJI GO needs 4.1. GO4 needs 4.4. So no, these will not work. You may be able to mirror from a phone/tablet but I doubt if it will be a good experience.

OK thanks.
I noticed the 300's only run on 5.1 which is a little strange given their release.
Backwards compatible obviously if you guys are running it with marshmallow/Nougat

OK thanks.
I noticed the 300's only run on 5.1 which is a little strange given their release.
Backwards compatible obviously if you guys are running it with marshmallow/Nougat
Not sure what you mean by "running it with marshmallow/Nougat". I fly with my BT-300 only. No other device. The BT-300 controller is an android computer, running 5.1.

Just got mine up and running. But right now having an issue with portrait mode. When I put the Mavic in portrait mode (either by the 5 button or click on camera settings) the lens rotates just fine. But the image is not portrait. Rather it is just the screen rotated 90 degrees and it fills up the whole landscape view. Hope I am making this clear. Once in awhile the portrait view initially appears but for a fraction of a second then it reverts to the 90 degree rotated screen. I read somewhere about "Rotation Locker" and installed it. Did not figure how it would help and in the end it does not. Portrait mode works fine when I use my Android devices. So do any of you have this issue? Any thoughts?

dave

I've got a BT-300 on the way for use with my Mavic and P3P. While waiting for it to arrive, I've been perusing the Moverio Apps Market to see what apps would be necessary and which apps might be interesting.

I realize that I'll need the DJI GO4 and DJI GO apps. The DJI Ultimate Flight V3 might be a good choice as it seems similar to Litchi. Are any of the other apps needed or even desirable? Most are poorly described and many seem to be for Japanese language.

Can anyone make any recommendations about which ones they like or find useful?

I've got a BT-300 on the way for use with my Mavic and P3P. While waiting for it to arrive, I've been perusing the Moverio Apps Market to see what apps would be necessary and which apps might be interesting.

I realize that I'll need the DJI GO4 and DJI GO apps. The DJI Ultimate Flight V3 might be a good choice as it seems similar to Litchi. Are any of the other apps needed or even desirable? Most are poorly described and many seem to be for Japanese language.

Can anyone make any recommendations about which ones they like or find useful?
The Mirroring360 Airplay app allows you to mirror your ipad display. I found that to be useful. I haven't gotten Ultimate Flight to work yet, but it looks like a good alternative to Litchi. I also tried the YouTube 3D viewer - that's pretty good. I like Sky Map, if you're into that stuff. Player Liz is a good video player. Some of the VR/AR apps are interesting.

The Mirroring360 Airplay app allows you to mirror your ipad display. I found that to be useful. I haven't gotten Ultimate Flight to work yet, but it looks like a good alternative to Litchi. I also tried the YouTube 3D viewer - that's pretty good. I like Sky Map, if you're into that stuff. Player Liz is a good video player. Some of the VR/AR apps are interesting.

Will - Thanks very much. Your suggestions sound like a good starting point. Epson really needs to clean up their app marketing store if they want to succeed with the BT-300's. Other than flying DJI drones there is not much content to cause a non-drone pilot to buy the product.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929