DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Hello Will.i.am, sorry for my english but i'm french.
I have installed apkpure but after installed for example Youtube, when i wish to start the app, a message said 'that lost somethings from GooglePlay'.
I must to installed Amazon and after that dowload youtube from Amazon and it's work ?
You can get youtube from the Amazon app store but since it is a Google app, you will have to pay for it. However, you may be able to get it working by installing Google Play Services and Play Store. You can do this by getting the apk's for them and sideloading. Once those are installed, you won't be able to log in to your google account and download from the play store, but it should give you the connection that you need to run the youtube app. Refer to this post by @Ender who discovered this - EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review. This method also works to get google maps loaded on the BT-300.

Reactions: Bond@007
BT-300 part failure
Picked up my BT-300's and noticed the nose bridge and sun shade were no longer attached. A quick examination revealed the plastic part which retains the nose bridge and to which the shades attached had failed. I'm not sure how this happened as the glasses have not been mistreated and are kept in the case when not in use. As you can see in the picture, the plastic part that failed is retained by three small Phillips head screws marked by the arrows in the picture. It should be a two minute job to replace the part, so I called Epson tech support to get a replacement part.

They confirmed the part number of the failed part to be 1699954, but they had none in stock. Since the glasses are new, they are sending a replacement set under warranty.

In my opinion, the failed part is poorly engineered as all the stress of the sun shade is concentrated in the hole in the center of the part. If either end of the sun shade is "tweaked", the lever action could easily cause the failure. A metal part would probably have avoided the issue, but might have cause the plastic retainer on the shade to have failed.

I think repeated failure of this part is likely. Epson had me contact Russ at compassmicro.com to order spares for when this happens again. The part costs $1.98, but Compass has none in stock and estimates a two month wait until they can obtain stock. Other users might want to consider having a spare on hand for what may prove to be a common failure point.

IMG_2774.jpg

Reactions: Adhi
Due to double vision from paralysis of one of my eye alignment muscles from a blowout fracture of my right eye socket many years ago, the Moverio image I see doubles when I try to look at the lower parts of the "screen". I took the empty plastic frame that came with my Drone/FPV package to my local optometrist to send to their optician to have prism lenses installed. It took them some extra work, but they were able to install 1 1/2 diopter base down (right eye)/base up (left eye) prisms to mitigate the diplopia. It cost $89.
The two images I used to see through the Moverios is now nicely fused into one, so I anticipate I'll use them pretty much exclusively now, rather than trying to shift my focus back and forth from my Samsung tablet to my Mavic .
If anybody's interested in the optical lab that did the work, I'll find out and share their identifying info.

Due to double vision from paralysis of one of my eye alignment muscles from a blowout fracture of my right eye socket many years ago, the Moverio image I see doubles when I try to look at the lower parts of the "screen". I took the empty plastic frame that came with my Drone/FPV package to my local optometrist to send to their optician to have prism lenses installed. It took them some extra work, but they were able to install 1 1/2 diopter base down (right eye)/base up (left eye) prisms to mitigate the diplopia. It cost $89.
The two images I used to see through the Moverios is now nicely fused into one, so I anticipate I'll use them pretty much exclusively now, rather than trying to shift my focus back and forth from my Samsung tablet to my Mavic .
If anybody's interested in the optical lab that did the work, I'll find out and share their identifying info.
Thats great service for $89, i wished i would live near you. My local optometrist was also eager to help (for me its just correcting the interpupilar distance) but was unable to make it...

Ender

One other option which I will be going back to testing this weekend the more I think about it is just using Airplay mirror from my iPhone 7 Plus to the BT-300. Basically bypassing the BT-300 Go 4 app all together and using an app called Reflector 2 that is an Airplay receiver. It runs over 5Ghz to accept the signal from the iPhone and there is basically NO LAG on the communication. I tried it out at the very beginning and was very happy with it's performance. It performed just like I was using the phones screen but I decided to exclusively use the BT-300 and it's Go 4 app since I was able to download the latest Android app and use that with no issues other than the map. But now that the maps resolution may be delayed, I may just go back to using the iPhone since that is with me 24x7 anyways and I can run all my other app with it. I had used the iPad mini 4 for a short period of time also before the BT-300 because of the larger screen but if I am using the BT-300 as my display I can very easily continue using my phone with it since the screen is no longer a factor. I do have one issue which I have stated in the past and that is the need to access the phones screen to control features, but the BT-300 allows me to easily see through / at the screen at anytime while still viewing what Mavic sees. I may slap on the small portable sun shield that I had from DJI onto the phone if it becomes to reflective. Again I am looking for extreme portability and I think I will still be able to accomplish this with minimal effort. I can very easily bounce back and forth using the Airplay or direct usage of apps on the BT-300 at anytime without ever having to carry anything extra.

My apps I would be able to use on the iOS again with the BT-300:
Litchi, HD Sync, Hanger 360 and the DJI Go 4 app. I can put the BT-300 controller in my pocket and just put my phone back into the Mavic mount during those times.
I want to do the same thing. I tried using Mirroring 360 but it only seems to work if you are on the same wifi. Is that the case with reflector? I have had a number of glitches with the Epson DJI Go4. Twice I tried to manually take off, sticks down toward center and the Mavic just kept climbing. I held the down stick and eventually it came down kind of hard. Switched to ios and no problem.

If you're concerned about running the GO4 app on the BT300 controller, I have also had no issues with it in the two weeks that I've had it. And I've found a possible solution to that as well. The BT300 has a miracast receiver built in, so you can run a screen mirroring app on your phone or tablet, run GO4 there, and then mirror the screen to the Moverio. Haven't flown this way yet, but I was running GO4 on my phone and using the glasses as the display. There seemed to be very little lag when scrolling through the menus and watching some of my flight videos.

I want to try the Splashtop Mirroring360 Airplay Receiver that's available in the Moverio appstore. This app normally costs $20 but Epson is providing it for free. You can get the Mirroring360 Airplay Sender app for your android phone/tablet/ipad, also currently for free in the Play store. And you can use Airplay on iOS if that is your preferred device.

So if you're concerned with running GO4 on the Moverio controller, just plug your current favorite device into your Mavic and mirror the screen to the Moverio. Best of both worlds. It is easy to see the drone view and also keep your eyes on the controller, and the Mavic itself, with these glasses.

That's the other thing I like about these Moverios - they are very versatile.
Yeah as long as your iPhone and BT-300's are on the same wifi network. Not so easy outside the house. I have been scouring the web for a good bluetooth or using my AT&T hotspot to mirror in the wild. I have had to many close calls with the Epson implementation of Go 4. Also lost contact a few times. That never happens with ios.

Yeah as long as your iPhone and BT-300's are on the same wifi network. Not so easy outside the house. I have been scouring the web for a good bluetooth or using my AT&T hotspot to mirror in the wild. I have had to many close calls with the Epson implementation of Go 4. Also lost contact a few times. That never happens with ios.
Wifi Direct works perfect for this. Not sure if iphone has this. I use it to link my Galaxy S2 and BT-300 for mirroring.

Reactions: MavicMoira
Wifi Direct works perfect for this. Not sure if iphone has this. I use it to link my Galaxy S2 and BT-300 for mirroring.
Thanks that was a great lead and if a programmer wanted to do it, it coud probably be done. But not today in a simple implementation.I am looking at just getting FreedomPop hotspot and if I don't use a lot of data it is practically free.

I want to do the same thing. I tried using Mirroring 360 but it only seems to work if you are on the same wifi. Is that the case with reflector? I have had a number of glitches with the Epson DJI Go4. Twice I tried to manually take off, sticks down toward center and the Mavic just kept climbing. I held the down stick and eventually it came down kind of hard. Switched to ios and no problem.

With the manual take-off problems to the Epson DJI Go4, stick inputs I suspect are coming from the RC and not the app, so it's the connection between the RC and AC that would be causing the problems not the BT-300 side

With the manual take-off problems to the Epson DJI Go4, stick inputs I suspect are coming from the RC and not the app, so it's the connection between the RC and AC that would be causing the problems not the BT-300 side
Probably right, that's why I'm sticking with ios for now. I use an old phone to set up a hot spot and mirror the ios screen to the glasses. The only thing I give up is having to use the Epson touch trackpad. :)

Hmm just started reading up on the bt300 glasses. I haven’t seen much said about how well they work when it comes to photography and videos. I read a lot about how you need a good size and clear image for framing etc so I have been waiting for the new ultra crystal sky screen. Does anyone have some feedback on this?

Thanks that was a great lead and if a programmer wanted to do it, it coud probably be done. But not today in a simple implementation.I am looking at just getting FreedomPop hotspot and if I don't use a lot of data it is practically free.
You turn on Wifi Direct on both devices, then connect them. They are now on the same dedicated network. No external network required. It can't get much simpler than this. And it is 100% free.

Hmm just started reading up on the bt300 glasses. I haven’t seen much said about how well they work when it comes to photography and videos. I read a lot about how you need a good size and clear image for framing etc so I have been waiting for the new ultra crystal sky screen. Does anyone have some feedback on this?
The BT-300 is about the same price as the Ultra Crystal Sky. For that, you get a virtual 50 inch display, instead of a 7.85 inch display. When you mount the BT-300 in the Solitaire Ace goggles with blackout shade, they will probably be better in direct sunlight, unless you add a hood to the CS and hold it a foot from your face. Plus you don't have to keep looking from screen to sky - you just have to remove the shade to see both display and drone. I don't do any serious photo framing, but I do know that with the BT-300, I am much more comfortable flying long distances and closer to other objects, because I can see the display so much better.

Hello to all flying riders.
I can not connect wifi directly to "Mov" because it asks for the password,
how can i find it or what procedure i have to do.
My English is ugly, sorry.

Last edited:
The pass word for your bird is on one of your legs or boy serial number can't remember.

I dont quite understand your question. Well, remember that the Moverios are like a Virtual screen hovering infront of you, like a 50Inch monitor a floating 2 meters in front of you. I hope this is large enough for you to frame your shots. Also, the cool thing about the Moverios is that you can actually keep LOS to your craft and FPV at the same time.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat