DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Hello to all flying riders.
I can not connect wifi directly to "Mov" because it asks for the password,
how can i find it or what procedure i have to do.
My English is ugly, sorry.

Hi Mate, sorry you are trying to Wifi connect to the Mavic from the Moverios?
Well, you first need to enable the Wifi conectivity in your Mavic, by sliding the side switch (next to the SD slot) to Wifi, then on the arm of the Mavic you will see the wifi details (Wifi network and Password).

Hope that one helps.

I dont quite understand your question. Well, remember that the Moverios are like Virtual screen hovering infront of you, like a 50Inch monitor a floating in front of you. I hope this is large enough for you to frame your shots. Also, the cool thing about the Moverios is that you can actually keep LOS to your craft and FPV at the same time.

I think my question comes from (ignorance) as I have not been able to trial the glasses myself. To me they look like they solve a lot of issues but perhaps due to the fact you can see through the screen to the drone then it might be not so clear if you have the right camera setting etc. I suspect once you try a pair (cant get them here yet) all the questions are answered but then you are 1200 bucks down if you don't like them.

you can see through the screen to the drone
If you have the shades on the glasses, you likely won't be able to see your drone through the screen. And if you don't use the shades, you likely won't be able to see the screen clearly.

I think my question comes from (ignorance) as I have not been able to trial the glasses myself. To me they look like they solve a lot of issues but perhaps due to the fact you can see through the screen to the drone then it might be not so clear if you have the right camera setting etc. I suspect once you try a pair (cant get them here yet) all the questions are answered but then you are 1200 bucks down if you don't like them.

I understand you anxiety mate. I was almost in the same boat specially as is quite hard to show the functionality from a youtube video.
I am a terrible youtuber so even if I try to create a useful video might be confusing. However, you can buy them from Amazon, try the on and if you dont like them you can return them. Yes they are a bit expensive, but at least for me it was light and day against using a screen on a phone or tablet. The experience and overall usability while on the field is unsurpassed.

If you have the shades on the glasses, you likely won't be able to see your drone through the screen. And if you don't use the shades, you likely won't be able to see the screen clearly.

I would debate that mate. The Moverios come with 3 shades, 1 light gray, one middle dark and one full polarized. So if you can adjust it depending on the light conditions. Now, what I do is that I usually fly without any shades and when flying far out of LOS I can just turn my head to a shadow or to my backpack to have a "darker" background and voila! :)

what I do is that I usually fly without any shades and when flying far out of LOS I can just turn my head to a shadow or to my backpack to have a "darker" background
If you're blocking the back of the shades with the darkest shade (required in sunny conditions) or some kind of object like a backpack, then you're no longer flying VLOS. If that's not why you bought them though, then I guess that would not matter to you. I was just pointing it out since Epson advertises they can be easily used to fly VLOS.

If you're blocking the back of the shades with the darkest shade (required in sunny conditions) or some kind of object like a backpack, then you're no longer flying VLOS. If that's not why you bought them though, then I guess that would not matter to you. I was just pointing it out since Epson advertises they can be easily used to fly VLOS.

Mate, sorry no, looks like you misunderstand my point; you don't " Have to Block" the shades all to be able to fly, they are bright enough to fly comfortably and safely without doing so.

But again it all depends on the light conditions and your flight habits. I try to not fly towards the sun but with giving my back to the Sun and always trying to stay in shade myself. :D

I would debate that mate. The Moverios come with 3 shades, 1 light gray, one middle dark and one full polarized. So if you can adjust it depending on the light conditions. Now, what I do is that I usually fly without any shades and when flying far out of LOS I can just turn my head to a shadow or to my backpack to have a "darker" background and voila! :)
Plus, the shades pop on and off very quickly. This is not much different than glancing up and down from a phone/tablet screen, as far as VLOS goes. Actually it's better, since you can keep your eyes pointed toward your drone, when you add/remove the shades.

Sorry if someone covered this already, and yes, I did run a search. My on-screen radar display orientation is off using the Moverio. Any insight on I can address this?

Gents, I just haven't had the chance to work my way through all 51 pages of this thread yet, so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered...

I had cataract surgery last year. My eyes are now fixed at infinite focal distance; I have no "accommodation", which is the ability to refocus the eyes to view closer objects.

Right now, I wear FPV goggles that are distance focused for flying my collection of FPV drones. I would *love* to be able to get the Moverio glasses, but if the image the Moverio transmits is not focused for distant viewing (as my current FPV goggles are), it's a deal killer for me.

Would anyone happen to know the focal distance of the image the Moverio presents?

I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry if someone covered this already, and yes, I did run a search. My on-screen radar display orientation is off using the Moverio. Any insight on I can address this?
With OFF you mean it's not there? If that the case I have that too. Did not bother really, for RPM I just check the remote display. Also curious if this can be fixed though.

Gents, I just haven't had the chance to work my way through all 51 pages of this thread yet, so I apologize if this has already been asked/answered...

I had cataract surgery last year. My eyes are now fixed at infinite focal distance; I have no "accommodation", which is the ability to refocus the eyes to view closer objects.

Right now, I wear FPV goggles that are distance focused for flying my collection of FPV drones. I would *love* to be able to get the Moverio glasses, but if the image the Moverio transmits is not focused for distant viewing (as my current FPV goggles are), it's a deal killer for me.

Would anyone happen to know the focal distance of the image the Moverio presents?

I haven't been able to find an answer to this anywhere yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

80" at 5 meters. The BT-300 is distance focused, not close-up (as verified by Rochester Optical)

Reactions: Phlier
Hi all,

I tried to read as much as I can on this rather long thread. Unfortunately I can't spend as much time as needed, so my apology if some of the questions below has actually been answered:

1. Can we sideload modded Go4 4.1.8? Or it has to be a lower version such as 4.1.3?

2. If we sideload Go4, should we install the phone version or the tablet version?

3. Can anybody else confirm that their "radar" view is missing? Is there any version where the radar view is available? (toggled between map and radar is ok, doesn't have to have 2 insets as when using a tablet).

4. Can we now download or at least sideload YouTube, Google Map from the Play Store?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I tried to read as much as I can on this rather long thread. Unfortunately I can't spend as much time as needed, so my apology if some of the questions below has actually been answered:

1. Can we sideload modded Go4 4.1.8? Or it has to be a lower version such as 4.1.3?

2. If we sideload Go4, should we install the phone version or the tablet version?

3. Can anybody else confirm that their "radar" view is missing? Is there any version where the radar view is available? (toggled between map and radar is ok, doesn't have to have 2 insets as when using a tablet).

4. Can we now download or at least sideload YouTube, Google Map from the Play Store?

Thanks!
1- dont know
2- i installed the "nodpi" works great.
3- also my question
4- needs workaround but yes.

1- dont know
2- i installed the "nodpi" works great.
3- also my question
4- needs workaround but yes.

Thanks MacIak. Always appreciate your help :)
No. 1 --> no big deal, I can live with 4.1.3

No. 2 --> I assume it is for phone version?

No. 3 --> Very important for me. Not just to bring the Mavic back home, but to easily see side wind direction. Almost didn't make it back to home point once as I didn't pay attention to this. I read somewhere in the earlier page that someone has the "radar" view available, but not working correctly. Well, might as well not available :)

No. 4 --> workaround like described in page 20 something here? I stopped reading by around page 20something and skipped to the latest 2 - 3 pages. Once I have free time, I'll continue reading. But of course I would appreciate it if someone here can save me some time by explaining about this workaround a little bit more :)

Last edited:
Thanks MacIak. Always appreciate your help :)
No. 1 --> no big deal, I can live with 4.1.3

No. 2 --> I assume it is for phone version?

No. 3 --> Very important for me. Not just to bring the Mavic back home, but to easily see side wind direction. Almost didn't make it back to home point once as I didn't pay attention to this. I read somewhere in the earlier page that someone has the "radar" view available, but not working correctly. Well, might as well not available :)

4. No. 4 --> workaround like described in page 20 something here? I stopped reading by around page 20something and skipped to the latest 2 - 3 pages. Once I have free time, I'll continue reading. But of course I would appreciate it if someone here can save me some time by explaining about this workaround a little bit more :)
Pg 22;) by @Ender is what i still use.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661