DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

As I recollect, it took quite a while. In addition, I recall that the controller get a GPS fix too.

I spoke with a rep from Rochester Optical yesterday and he recommended the Solitaire Ace 2.0 kit to modify the Epson for VR. He also suggested a magnetic polarized to use with this kit. Both were $150 + shipping. He also suggested removing the temples in favor of the included head strap. Anyone using this setup? Thoughts?

T
No. 3 --> Very important for me. Not just to bring the Mavic back home, but to easily see side wind direction. Almost didn't make it back to home point once as I didn't pay attention to this. I read somewhere in the earlier page that someone has the "radar" view available, but not working correctly. Well, might as well not available :)

In my Bt-300, I have a fully functioning radar view, just downloaded the latest DJI Go4 app, so they might have fixed the radar

This totally changes this sport/hobby[emoji12] Just completed my maiden voyage with my MP and Epson Moverios and it was incredible. The MP, glasses, & Go 4 worked to perfection! Headed to Atlanta this weekend for some more fun! The iPad Mini has been retired[emoji3]

The iPad Mini has been retired
emoji3.png

Isn't the Mavic limited to H=30m, D=50m if the phone/tablet not connected? Or Moverio's controller substitutes it? (if yes, this is different from DJI Goggles)

I spoke with a rep from Rochester Optical yesterday and he recommended the Solitaire Ace 2.0 kit to modify the Epson for VR. He also suggested a magnetic polarized to use with this kit. Both were $150 + shipping. He also suggested removing the temples in favor of the included head strap. Anyone using this setup? Thoughts?
I have the Solitaire Ace enclosure for the glasses and now use it exclusively. To me, the head band is more comfortable and secure than just the temple arms. I also have the polarized shades and another blackout shade. They attach magnetically, so it is very easy to pop them on and off. The blackout shade is best for complete fpv flying in bright conditions, but I can still remove them quickly when I have to check LOS. I like them also when I watch movies or tv. Sometimes I put on the blackout shade and walk around using the camera to see where I'm going.:D

Reactions: dbcnc1955
I have the Solitaire Ace enclosure for the glasses and now use it exclusively. To me, the head band is more comfortable and secure than just the temple arms. I also have the polarized shades and another blackout shade. They attach magnetically, so it is very easy to pop them on and off. The blackout shade is best for complete fpv flying in bright conditions, but I can still remove them quickly when I have to check LOS. I like them also when I watch movies or tv. Sometimes I put on the blackout shade and walk around using the camera to see where I'm going.:D

Did you remove the temple arms?

This totally changes this sport/hobby[emoji12] Just completed my maiden voyage with my MP and Epson Moverios and it was incredible. The MP, glasses, & Go 4 worked to perfection! Headed to Atlanta this weekend for some more fun! The iPad Mini has been retired[emoji3]
Glad you are enjoying them. Safe travels and Happy Flying!

Mine were supposed to be delivered this morning and I got a message from UPS saying the delivery was rescheduled until Monday.

Ugh.

And this is after the tracking reported that it was on the vehicle and out for delivery. So much for having a long weekend to try them out. Oh well.

Hey fellow Moverians! I am not seeing Maps when running Go 4 on latest version. I tried connecting WiFi via my phone but no luck[emoji53] Suggestions?

Hey fellow Moverians! I am not seeing Maps when running Go 4 on latest version. I tried connecting WiFi via my phone but no luck[emoji53] Suggestions?
Have you downloaded the offline maps in the DJI Go 4 app

How? I did connect to WiFi via phone

On the front page of the DJI Go4 app, where you see the picture of the mavic and where you enter the device, in the top right there is a settings menu, pull this down and select offline map, which you then can download for a series of locations

On the front page of the DJI Go4 app, where you see the picture of the mavic and where you enter the device, in the top right there is a settings menu, pull this down and select offline map, which you then can download for a series of locations

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929