DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Wow! Got the Rochester Ace 2.0 enclosure and it is way more comfortable! Creates a True VR environment and paired with Bluetooth Bose 35s I can now use the Moverios as advertised! Also love the FPV[emoji1360]

Are you finding the controller to get warm (almost hot) if you use it as a VR solution (watch videos, play games, etc)?

Are you finding the controller to get warm (almost hot) if you use it as a VR solution (watch videos, play games, etc)?
Yes it does get a little bit warm watching Netflix and the like

80" at 5 meters. The BT-300 is distance focused, not close-up (as verified by Rochester Optical)

I don't understand what that means. But I have a related question:

I had refractive lens surgery, and it is monovision...one eye for close, one for distance. I suspect only person who may know is someone doing the same with contacts.

Any idea if these would work ok on my situation?

This is EXACTLY what I want to do but I do not have an Android device to buy the app with.

Yes you just need to log in using your google credentials in the App Store on the used device. Then buy the app. That app should then be available to be used on any Android device you have authiticated with that google account.

Then the maps fix that was introduced yesterday requires you to log into your google account for the play store. just use the same account you bought the Litchi app and theoretically it should work as long as the play store on BT-300 can talk back to the store to authenticate. This is the part I do not know if it will work and ideally if someone has already bought the app could test this but people like us that use iOS want to test this theory would have to buy the app also. I personally have it on my iOS and I continue to use it there through my BT-300 but I am willing to pay another $25 if I can get it to work natively on the BT-300

Keep us posted if you decide to to do this and buy the app and then load it on the BT-300 and try authenticating.
Hi,

You say " I personally have it on my iOS and I continue to use it there through my BT-300 ". How do you do that? I would be happy if I could use litchi on my ios phone and see the screen through my bt-300's. I have tried screen sharing but the lag is too long for useful flying. Thanks for any insights.

Chazz

Reactions: dbcnc1955
If you're blocking the back of the shades with the darkest shade (required in sunny conditions) or some kind of object like a backpack, then you're no longer flying VLOS. If that's not why you bought them though, then I guess that would not matter to you. I was just pointing it out since Epson advertises they can be easily used to fly VLOS.
I just hold my hand in front of the glasses if I need to see the screen only for a second or 2. Works great and you really don't lose sight of the bird. Also if I am doing some real tight work I slip the glasses down my nose a bit and you really can see the bird and glance down at the screen to see how you are framing the shot.

You can double tap glasses to turn off app for only vlos. You can also turn down intensity to see less of DJIGo4 in glasses. Finally, you tap power button on top of Moverio controller to mute DJI for only vlos.

You can double tap glasses to turn off app for only vlos. You can also turn down intensity to see less of DJIGo4 in glasses. Finally, you tap power button on top of Moverio controller to mute DJI for only vlos.
I find it difficult to get the right amount of "tap" to hide the screen, but I'm getting better. I also tend to forget about tapping and clicking the top button. I agree, it's a good idea to experiment with screen brightness with the different sun shades.

FYI the double-tap to mute does not work when the glasses are in the Ace enclosure, so use the top button instead.

Hey Guys, I have both the bt300 and dji goggles. Both very well made high quality construction. Each unique and offer different perspectives. As far as I am concern you could not make a bad decision with either one. At the moment I really enjoy the dji googles, just the love the "in seat-up front" perspective the google provides. I am more confident with the goggles flying in tight spaces especially at distances. The bt 300 is far more portable than the goggles and that alone is an advantage over the goggles.

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Hey Guys, I have both the bt300 and dji goggles. Both very well made high quality construction. Each unique and offer different perspectives. As far as I am concern you could not make a bad decision with either one. At the moment I really enjoy the dji googles, just the love the "in seat-up front" perspective the google provides. I am more confident with the goggles flying in tight spaces especially at distances. The bt 300 is far more portable than the goggles and that alone is an advantage over the goggles.
I had both too. I sold the goggles when I got the BT-300. Too big and they kept falling off my head when I tried to flip them up. Visually they are awesome when you get the right reading lens for them. Still when I flipped them up the reading glasses are too strong for the iPhone. If I kept them i would have got the inserts for lenses. I sold them to a friend and he got the inserts and is quite happy. I know it's not allowed but once you are out of VLOS the goggles can't be beat.

All I really want to do is plug the BT-300s into my iPhone and run Litchi. Have tried a bunch of screen mirroring apps but can't seem to shake the lag. I keep trying. i think I am more prone to losing signal with the Epson Android box than with the iPhone. Lost signal twice when I was less than a mile out, never with the iphone. Trying to figure out how to get reflector to work, never thought I'd be getting under the hood of Android OS. It's kind of fun when you are this far out on the bleeding edge. LOL

I don't understand what that means. But I have a related question:

I had refractive lens surgery, and it is monovision...one eye for close, one for distance. I suspect only person who may know is someone doing the same with contacts.

Any idea if these would work ok on my situation?
I do monovision with contacts, and the BT300 works fine. I do have to shift the glasses over just slightly to my distance (right) eye, as the correction for near is too strong for what is projected through the glasses. With just a little off center, I get a sharp image on all sides. If the glasses are centered perfectly, I see a fuzzy image on the right side of the display. 3D works surprisingly well too. Good luck:)

DJI opened up loading 3rd party APKs to the CS recently, before that it was not possible. I'm fairly sure that Epson have not done the same so side loading Litchi or Play Store isn't possible but I'm happy to be proved wrong..

I followed this and it seems to all be working -- however, I did download the files from other sources to be safe. I did use the same versions as recommended. Have not had a chance to fly with it yet, but the initial start up, etc., seems good.

I followed this and it seems to all be working -- however, I did download the files from other sources to be safe. I did use the same versions as recommended. Have not had a chance to fly with it yet, but the initial start up, etc., seems good.

Excellent, lets see how it goes when you test fly it

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada