DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I guessed Raybans as they were made by Bauch & Lomb in Rochester, NY for years until they were sold to an Italian company. Rochester Optical is also in Rochester, my hometown.

i am trying to update the firmware and it keep disrupting, is there another way to update than through wifi

also can anyone tell me how i can get playstore on it

as i would like to install kodi and youtube and some other apps

also can anyone tell me how i can get playstore on it

as i would like to install kodi and youtube and some other apps

You can install Kodi straight on without needing google play services

For other apps that do

1) download the 4 files required for google play services either from this source

Dropbox - 3Rd Party Ap

2) install files on the BT-300 in this order, but don't open them.

• google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk - this is google maps and is optional unless you want to Litchi etc.
3) then go to APKPure.com etc. and download the relevant apk's you want to load, which apps will work is a bit trial and error

4) A google services error will pop up from time to time to say it's not working, but you can ignore it and say ok, to close the message

You can install Kodi straight on without needing google play services

For other apps that do

1) download the 4 files required for google play services either from this source

Dropbox - 3Rd Party Ap

2) install files on the BT-300 in this order, but don't open them.

• google-play-services-11-7-44-032-173432861.apk
  • Play Services Info_v0.7_apkpure.com.apk
  • Google Play Store_v8.3.75.U-all [0] [FP] 173942022_apkpure.com.apk
  • Maps Navigation Transport_v9.64.1_apkpure.com.apk - this is google maps and is optional unless you want to Litchi etc.
3) then go to APKPure.com etc. and download the relevant apk's you want to load, which apps will work is a bit trial and error

4) A google services error will pop up from time to time to say it's not working, but you can ignore it and say ok, to close the message

thanks but the play store when i open it keeps checking info

on page 22 it was also mentioned to install account manager which is not found in the 4 files you linked, and there was a step to delete cache and daa, how do u that.

thanks but the play store when i open it keeps checking info

on page 22 it was also mentioned to install account manager which is not found in the 4 files you linked, and there was a step to delete cache and daa, how do u that.

I'm not sure if your expecting a full google play store to be working on the BT-300

From my experience on the BT-300 you don't open the google play store and try to download apps through it, the relevant files are only installed to support apps which may need to access some functions of the google play store.

The files I have shown to download will not be enough to get the google play store to be fully functional, with this method you download the apps you want to install using the .apk file download method.

Using the BT-300 browser, navigate to APKpure.com, select the .apk files for the apps you want and download them.

In the applications folder you will see a app "downloads", open this an the downloaded files should be listed, then just install them.

I've never had to install account manager or clear the cache for google play services to work.
but to delete the cache , goto settings/applications select the app and the cache should be available to be cleared.

Litchi 4.0.2 patched works perfectly on the BT-300, if you want to use anything other than DJI Go 4

Last edited:
Reactions: FL AV8R
I'm not sure if your expecting a full google play store to be working on the BT-300

From my experience on the BT-300 you don't open the google play store and try to download apps through it, the relevant files are only installed to support apps which may need to access some functions of the google play store.

The files I have shown to download with not be enough to get the google play store to be fully functional, with this method you download the apps you want to install using the .apk file download method.

Using the BT-300 browser, navigate to APKpure.com, select the .apk files for the apps you want and download them.

In the applications folder you will see a app "downloads", open this an the downloaded files should be listed, then just install them.

I've never had to install account manager or clear the cache for google play services to work.
but to delete the cache , goto settings/applications select the app and the cache should be available to be cleared.

Litchi 4.0.2 patched works perfectly on the BT-300, if you want to use anything other than DJI Go 4

thanks so much for all the replies,

i do not get it though if i can not use play store so why install it in the first place, why not just use apkpure app alone, as thise error playstore services messages is annoying

Last edited:

i do not get it though if i can not use play store so why install it in the first place, why not just use apkpure app alone, as thise error playstore services messages is annoying
I installed play services so I could use Photos to upload my drone footage easily.

Mine arrived today and are charging. I wonder if I’ll need my glasses for these or not. My issue is farsightedness.

Mine arrived today and are charging. I wonder if I’ll need my glasses for these or not. My issue is farsightedness.

I find I don't need my glasses for farsightedness when using the Moverio's, it's actually super clear for some reason

Reactions: rbarthle17
but does play store work for you, I assume not per what others said

No, Play Store doesn't work, but depending on what versions of Google Framework, etc. are installed (I lost track as I played with it), you will be able to sideload Google Photos, Maps and maybe GMail. I like how my cached pictures and videos from Go4 upload to Photos automatically now. Other then that, I'd like Google Location to work with things other than Google Maps, but it doesn't. It's really not that bad to lack those things.

Last edited:

Because some apps require some functions of google play services to work

Because some apps require some functions of google play services to work
Exactly right. It's a fair trade off unless you root and add GApps. That's a lot of work for something that works pretty well with sideloading already.

I am tempted to root tho... I can't help it LOL.

Exactly right. It's a fair trade off unless you root and add GApps. That's a lot of work for something that works pretty well with sideloading already.

I am tempted to root tho... I can't help it LOL.

any link on how to root it

do u think its worth it

Okay, i maps are now working on my BT-300 !
Here is how i managed it:
I thought to myself: "probably that *§$% Go Maps need google play store informations...
Then it came to my mind that i used a hack to use Apps on my Amazon FireTV Stick that require play store.
I went to that site (its in german, may use google translate) and followed the few steps to install play store support.
(So KUDOS goes to aftvhacks.de !!!!! )
Go to "Fire TV & Fire TV Stick Downloads: APKs von Apps & Games" in the browser.
scroll to the section "Google Play Store ".
Follow the steps, basically download & install apk's (you need to allow install from unknown sources in the settings).
I'll outline the steps here:
First dload & Install google play services
reboot
Dload & install google account manager
install google Services Framework
Install google play store
Start the play store and enter your google credentials.
The play store will NOT run but your credentilals will be registered.
Then clear cache & data for DJI go (first backup stuff if you need to rescue flight records or the like).
Start DJI GO, at least for me everything was great, offline maps showed selection of continents/countries/region and i downloaded my usual maps.
Maps are fine and look and feel internationalized (German in my case).
All this was done on DJI GO 4.0.7 but i guess it will work with older versions as well.
I guess this link does something similar (englisg site) but i did not bother to try:
How to install Android TV’s Google Play Music app on the Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick without root
Hope it works for you guys as well !
Ender

When you load all these files do you do it right from the glasses? In other words do you go to the website download those files right from the glasses and then install?

When you load all these files do you do it right from the glasses? In other words do you go to the website download those files right from the glasses and then install?
You can. You have a browser built in the OS and can sign into Google to gain web access to most of their Chrome based apps. Or install APKPure's APK to the Moverios using the browser and then download them to the glasses. If you are unsure be careful. It's not all that big of an advantage to do this.

You can. You have a browser built in the OS and can sign into Google to gain web access to most of their Chrome based apps. Or install APKPure's APK to the Moverios using the browser and then download them to the glasses. If you are unsure be careful. It's not all that big of an advantage to do this.
Thanks for the info if you do this can you use most of the Play Store apps

Thanks for the info if you do this can you use most of the Play Store apps
Perform at your own risk. If you brick the Moverios you're on your own. Just be careful.

Perform at your own risk. If you brick the Moverios you're on your own. Just be careful.

+1 I wouldn't root it, but by side loading you can get most apps to work, it's those apps which require licensing that don't work that well, but you can find un-licensed version of those as .apk files

With side loading you can just do the factory reset to bring everything back to standard, not sure about when you root it.

Reactions: chuck1026

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead