DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

Pixalation/latency, access to the play store easier access to third party Apps

What third party apps would you like to use ? We have Litchi, UAV forecast, Hover, B4ufly, UCGS, Drone Harmony all working well.

There are not latency or pixelation problems with DJI Go 4 4.1.24 or Litchi 4.0.2

What third party apps would you like to use ? We have Litchi, UAV forecast, Hover, B4ufly, UCGS, Drone Harmony all working well.

There are not latency or pixelation problems with DJI Go 4 4.1.24 or Litchi 4.0.2
If you read through this forum from the beginning you will see the problems people have had with the BT-300's and how users have been disappointed by the performance considering the high cost of this product from two Multi-billion companies. The circuitry should be up-to-speed with the demands of the software, I go to several forums and see a lot of disappointed customers of what should be a fantastic piece of kit because the concept could be awesome.

If you read through this forum from the beginning you will see the problems people have had with the BT-300's and how users have been disappointed by the performance considering the high cost of this product from two Multi-billion companies. The circuitry should be up-to-speed with the demands of the software, I go to several forums and see a lot of disappointed customers of what should be a fantastic piece of kit because the concept could be awesome.

I think you need to take into account the technology being employed in the BT-300 is revolutionary not evolutionary, only Epson has been able to make it technologically and commercially viable.
With new tech, there are always hardware limitations, but without companies such as Epson willing to take the leap, we would all still be using the poorly implemented DJI goggles and Crystalsky's thinking these are the best tech products for drone pilots.

I haven't seen any problem threads here where there haven't been some form of resolution, while with other devices such as CS's, all I've noted are total panel failures and continued examples of overheating.
I don't think I can remember one BT-300 hardware failure in all the forums I have attended, most people who own them wholeheartedly recommend them, as can be seen from the posts here.
The problems if any with the BT-300 stem from the DJI Go 4 software purely and simply and this is beyond the control of Epson and lie completely within DJI's responsibility.

I suggest you actually get a pair of BT-300's and try them before being so quick to judge, from my point of view they work above specification, they are great alternative to tablets and phones and I get more excited everyday as more AR apps are developed and we find more uses for this revolutionary technology.

Reactions: Will.i.am and Pedro
I think you need to take into account the technology being employed in the BT-300 is revolutionary not evolutionary, only Epson has been able to make it technologically and commercially viable.
With new tech, there are always hardware limitations, but without companies such as Epson willing to take the leap, we would all still be using the poorly implemented DJI goggles and Crystalsky's thinking these are the best tech products for drone pilots.

I haven't seen any problem threads here where there haven't been some form of resolution, while with other devices such as CS's, all I've noted are total panel failures and continued examples of overheating.
I don't think I can remember one BT-300 hardware failure in all the forums I have attended, most people who own them wholeheartedly recommend them, as can be seen from the posts here.
The problems if any with the BT-300 stem from the DJI Go 4 software purely and simply and this is beyond the control of Epson and lie completely within DJI's responsibility.

I suggest you actually get a pair of BT-300's and try them before being so quick to judge, from my point of view they work above specification, they are great alternative to tablets and phones and I get more excited everyday as more AR apps are developed and we find more uses for this revolutionary technology.

I couldn't agree more..

I haven't seen any threads here where there haven't been some form of resolution, while with other devices such as CS's, all I've noted are total failures and continued examples of overheating.

I don't disagree with everything you say you can't expect people to take a leap of faith for £719 pounds of hard earn't wages, as I said before a lot of the promotion suggests that DJI and Epson are working together on this project so one would expect for them to work seamlessly i.e. plug-in and go but appears that's not the case, OK maybe a few niggles but not all this side-loading nonsense to get DJI Go to function and as I suggest the software is getting more demanding but the Epson hardware should be more powerful to deal with new releases of software.

DJI Go 4 from December (version?) had latency issues but they're resolved. The root cause was not the BT-300's hardware.

The BT-300's aren't Google Certified (not sure this is the correct "legal language") but if you sideload the Google Framework and a few other apk's in the right version and sequence, you can use Google Photos (my reason for doing it) and a few others, but it's not a huge deal fro me as I use them for flights and I might use them with headphones for watching movies and videos in private at times. They work great for my use.

DJI Go 4 from December (version?) had latency issues but they're resolved. The root cause was not the BT-300's hardware.

The BT-300's aren't Google Certified (not sure this is the correct "legal language") but if you sideload the Google Framework and a few other apk's in the right version and sequence, you can use Google Photos (my reason for doing it) and a few others, but it's not a huge deal fro me as I use them for flights and I might use them with headphones for watching movies and videos in private at times. They work great for my use.
Once again I don't disagree with what your saying but I still think for £719 pounds you sort of expect a more powerful device as a lot of mobile phones have powerful chip technology fitted.

Once again I don't disagree with what your saying but I still think for £719 pounds you sort of expect a more powerful device as a lot of mobile phones have powerful chip technology fitted.

I'm not affiliated with Epson, so I can honestly say it's up to you. Feel free to hold out for the next iteration. Maybe the next design will be wireless too! Meanwhile, the current design has plenty of hardware and software to handle DJI Go 4 and works well and are comfortable for my drone use.

Reactions: glirich
I'm not affiliated with Epson, so I can honestly say it's up to you. Feel free to hold out for the next iteration. Maybe the next design will be wireless too! Meanwhile, the current design has plenty of hardware and software to handle DJI Go 4 and works well and are comfortable for my drone use.
Thanks for your reply - I must admit that deep down I want to buy a pair of BT-300's but if check out this forum you must admit people aren't exactly raving about them, I know there are good but there not exactly sweeping the floor with this product and I appreciate they could be the bee's knees but they just fall short of expectations.

Thanks for your reply - I must admit that deep down I want to buy a pair of BT-300's but if check out this forum you must admit people aren't exactly raving about them, I know there are good but there not exactly sweeping the floor with this product and I appreciate they could be the bee's knees but they just fall short of expectations.

This is good review from Ed Ricker

This is good review from Ed Ricker

I've seen this vid, however I am seriously considering thinking of getting a pair of BT-300's however if I'm seriously disappointed I will knobble your cricket team. LOL

Reactions: FL AV8R
I've seen this vid, however I am seriously considering thinking of getting a pair of BT-300's however if I'm seriously disappointed I will knobble your cricket team. LOL

Only one caveat, the FPV takes some getting use to as it's quite immersive

See if you can get the Drone FPV version of the Moverio's as it comes with the relevant holders for the different controllers for free

Reactions: FL AV8R
Ken,

I have no idea whether any issues that people may have experienced with the BT300s could in any way be accounted for due to regional variations in software, firmware, hardware, the environment, etc. but I have had no software or hardware issues with my BT300s since buying them from Amazon UK 4 months ago. There have been a number of Go4 revisions over that period and they have all just worked out of the box with my Mavic Pro, no latency issues, no nothing. Epson are actually far quicker in releasing Go4 updates than DJI are for their own premium viewing device, the Crystalsky (that I also own mainly for using with Litchi) so I have nothing but a completely positive impression of the BT300s, they are perfect in my opinion for flying drones.

Peter.

Reactions: lannes
Ken,

I have no idea whether any issues that people may have experienced with the BT300s could in any way be accounted for due to regional variations in software, firmware, hardware, the environment, etc. but I have had no software or hardware issues with my BT300s since buying them from Amazon UK 4 months ago. There have been a number of Go4 revisions over that period and they have all just worked out of the box with my Mavic Pro, no latency issues, no nothing. Epson are actually far quicker in releasing Go4 updates than DJI are for their own premium viewing device, the Crystalsky (that I also own mainly for using with Litchi) so I have nothing but a completely positive impression of the BT300s, they are perfect in my opinion for flying drones.

Peter.
Thanks for your opinion - I look into ordering a pair soon.

Well for me I have nothing but praise for the BT300. Yes I admit as with any new technology, there are hardware/software limitations or bugs. But as in all cases bar one area, the problems can/have been worked around. For example: Sideloading APK's, installing Playstore for certain apps that require Google playstore authentication specifically. Rochester shades for use in bright conditions. Mini bluetooth keyboards for input and cursor control etc...
The only area, where I do not believe anyone has come up with a working solution, is obtaining root access to the OS - and this is actually not a bug or anything with Moverio itself. Root access is not for the faint-hearted as you can actually end up 'bricking' your device, if done incorrectly. But rooting does enable you to customise specifically how the OS behaves and allows you to manage how services get used on your device. (Map services for instance)
One area where I always seemed to have limited success is when using bluetooth earbuds - they initially pair and work fine with the Moverio. but if no sound notifications are used for a few minutes, then the earbuds stop playing any sound even though they remain paired. I have used AirPods, OCY ear bud. Same result every time. The only way to get the sound working again is to disconnect and pair the earbuds again. (Not an ideal situation to be in when concentrating on your flight in DJI Go4, I do find the spoken notifications useful during flights). Have others noticed this, or is just my unit?
I found this small plug-in speaker as an alternative - the sound is crystal clear and you can hear all the sound warnings/notifications during your flight.
IMG_0984.JPG

Reactions: FL AV8R and glirich
Well for me I have nothing but praise for the BT300. Yes I admit as with any new technology, there are hardware/software limitations or bugs. But as in all cases bar one area, the problems can/have been worked around. For example: Sideloading APK's, installing Playstore for certain apps that require Google playstore authentication specifically. Rochester shades for use in bright conditions. Mini bluetooth keyboards for input and cursor control etc...
The only area, where I do not believe anyone has come up with a working solution, is obtaining root access to the OS - and this is actually not a bug or anything with Moverio itself. Root access is not for the faint-hearted as you can actually end up 'bricking' your device, if done incorrectly. But rooting does enable you to customise specifically how the OS behaves and allows you to manage how services get used on your device. (Map services for instance)
One area where I always seemed to have limited success is when using bluetooth earbuds - they initially pair and work fine with the Moverio. but if no sound notifications are used for a few minutes, then the earbuds stop playing any sound even though they remain paired. I have used AirPods, OCY ear bud. Same result every time. The only way to get the sound working again is to disconnect and pair the earbuds again. (Not an ideal situation to be in when concentrating on your flight in DJI Go4, I do find the spoken notifications useful during flights). Have others noticed this, or is just my unit?
I found this small plug-in speaker as an alternative - the sound is crystal clear and you can hear all the sound warnings/notifications during your flight.
View attachment 29997
Where do get them from and where do plug them into?

Thanks for the link; I've put one in my cart. I had been planning to clip off one wire on some old Apple earbuds and just use the left one, with the excess wire zip-tied to the cable that comes out of the glasses, but the speaker would get rid of the wires altogether. So many cables, and so many batteries to charge!
I am slowly warming up to Moverio. Most of my gripes now are about clunky hardware, and I won't reiterate them here. As for software, I've flown five or six batteries with the BT-300 and GO 4.1.22 just as it loaded from the store, and I haven't had a single hiccup.
I'm wondering: Is there a way to get the image just a bit lower? I have a little trouble making out the stuff at the top, especially the upper right where the battery percentage is. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore