DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I've seen this vid, however I am seriously considering thinking of getting a pair of BT-300's however if I'm seriously disappointed I will knobble your cricket team. LOL

I love Ed Rickers. He's a good guy. Bottom line, buy from Amazon if they let you return them... Then if you hate them send them back. I had DJI Goggles and disliked them. The BT-300's fit my needs. Your mileage may vary :) .

Reactions: ksmusa
I love Ed Rickers. He's a good guy. Bottom line, buy from Amazon if they let you return them... Then if you hate them send them back. I had DJI Goggles and disliked them. The BT-300's fit my needs. Your mileage may vary :) .
Big thumbs-up for Amazon, of course, but I bought mine from B&H Photo. I'll probably be exchanging them because of a defect, and unfortunately they won't ship out the new one until they get the old one back, so I'll be without it for a couple of weeks. Still, that's not an unreasonable policy. The big plus I've found with B&H is that I can call them and talk to a guy who has actually flown a drone with these.
Edit: Also, Amazon now charges me sales tax; B&H doesn't outside NY and NJ.

Big thumbs-up for Amazon, of course, but I bought mine from B&H Photo. I'll probably be exchanging them because of a defect, and unfortunately they won't ship out the new one until they get the old one back, so I'll be without it for a couple of weeks. Still, that's not an unreasonable policy. The big plus I've found with B&H is that I can call them and talk to a guy who has actually flown a drone with these.
Edit: Also, Amazon now charges me sales tax; B&H doesn't outside NY and NJ.
As a professional photographer, B&H has been my "Go To" for many years...all the way back to their hole-in-the-wall store off of 16/17th street! They ARE the best. Besides their in depth knowledge, amazing store where you can touch everything, great prices, and excellent customer service, they give you a viable alternative to Amazon! That's worth it's weight in gold!

Reactions: FL AV8R
As a professional photographer, B&H has been my "Go To" for many years...all the way back to their hole-in-the-wall store off of 16/17th street! They ARE the best. Besides their in depth knowledge, amazing store where you can touch everything, great prices, and excellent customer service, they give you a viable alternative to Amazon! That's worth it's weight in gold!
My first good experience with B&H was when I bought a Nikon DSLR and Manfrotto tripod for my daughter about 10 years ago. My degree is in photojournalism, and I worked as a news photographer and then a picture editor at daily newspapers before getting into a completely different line of work. I'm so old, I had Nikons when only professionals used Nikons!

My first good experience with B&H was when I bought a Nikon DSLR and Manfrotto tripod for my daughter about 10 years ago. My degree is in photojournalism, and I worked as a news photographer and then a picture editor at daily newspapers before getting into a completely different line of work. I'm so old, I had Nikons when only professionals used Nikons!
Well...we'll have to agree to disagree...I'm a Canon guy, myself. But I AM old. Old enough to have had my own darkroom as an adult and to have chosen B&H because their prices on bricks of VPS 120 were the best around. Now my camera flies! Go figure :)

Well...we'll have to agree to disagree...I'm a Canon guy, myself. But I AM old. Old enough to have had my own darkroom as an adult and to have chosen B&H because their prices on bricks of VPS 120 were the best around. Now my camera flies! Go figure :)
Haha, yeah, I just never liked the feel of the Canon shutter, which was pretty important to me because I shot a fair amount of sports. I still have one of my F2 bodies and a few lenses. Hard to believe I used to carry three of those beasts around all afternoon shooting football.

I was wondering why eposn can not make a software to adjust IPD for different eyes as being done on some mixed reality windows headsets

Software won't fix the IPD issue. It's a physical/mechanical issue. You can go into settings on the controller, and make your display a bit smaller in the fov, but the IPD distance will stay the same: 70mm.

It's fixed, take a look at the prisms on the glasses. That will tell you everything. The only thing they could do was to make the prisms adjustable for the IPD, which, for some reason, they didn't

BT-300 part failure
Picked up my BT-300's and noticed the nose bridge and sun shade were no longer attached. A quick examination revealed the plastic part which retains the nose bridge and to which the shades attached had failed. I'm not sure how this happened as the glasses have not been mistreated and are kept in the case when not in use. As you can see in the picture, the plastic part that failed is retained by three small Phillips head screws marked by the arrows in the picture. It should be a two minute job to replace the part, so I called Epson tech support to get a replacement part.

They confirmed the part number of the failed part to be 1699954, but they had none in stock. Since the glasses are new, they are sending a replacement set under warranty.

In my opinion, the failed part is poorly engineered as all the stress of the sun shade is concentrated in the hole in the center of the part. If either end of the sun shade is "tweaked", the lever action could easily cause the failure. A metal part would probably have avoided the issue, but might have cause the plastic retainer on the shade to have failed.

I think repeated failure of this part is likely. Epson had me contact Russ at compassmicro.com to order spares for when this happens again. The part costs $1.98, but Compass has none in stock and estimates a two month wait until they can obtain stock. Other users might want to consider having a spare on hand for what may prove to be a common failure point.

View attachment 22229

i need this part where can i find it urgently

Contact Russ at the web site in my post you quoted. He may have stock now. Where are you located?

Hi I did but they do not ship internationally, which is a huge bummer

can i ask is epson granting warranty on this part

Is there another place to order if?

Reactions: Palinuro
I have read that Epson replaces the entire kit, rather than just the part. It’s a pain to send the whole thing back, but may be your only choice. I would offer up helping by shipping you the piece from the USA as a favor. You of course would have to reimburse me for expenses, but I would be happy to help.

In my case, when that part failed, they immediately sent a complete new unit. I didn't return the old one until the new one arrived.

Hi, been ready to pull the trigger on purchasing a set of the BT-300 drone editions,
but I can not bring myself to spend $1000 for really old chip set technology. The chip set is not future forward, so the BT-300 would be an investment into present to past expectations.

I know Epson's smart glass bino-projection system is top shelf class leading,
but as DJI models keep pushing the boundaries of performance, video, and telemetry information, I fear the existing model is pretty much end of life.

If there is a refresh in the pipeline I'll likely hold off and wait for the upgraded model,
but am thinking the DJI goggles will be a better investment ( bang for buck ) if there are no tech refreshes for 2018 from epson.

Has there been any progress on rooting these glasses. It seems to me that they would perform as Epson designed them and how we envisage they should work if we could root and add Google play store full access.

I'm not knowledgeable about this process, so could anyone explain what the issues are that prevent us from root access? Would root access affect Epson's business? I'm not sure I see why buying apps from the play store would hurt Google's business now that they are not in the glasses business.

OK I started reading about it, here Everything you need to know about rooting your Android
Maybe its not so hard?

OK another edit:
could this be done to the BT-300???? Epson Movario BT-200 Root and Playstore installation. - vDrone

Last edited:
I run Litchi and Go4 on mine and have never had any signs that the processor is struggling to cope despite the age of its chipset .. The only slightly annoying thing is, and the same is true of my Crystalsky, Google Play Services crashes all the time so you keep getting error messages up so it would be great if they were compatible but barring that slight annoyance, I think it's a superb device.

Have you tried the Moverio's? Where are you located?
Northern British Columbia. No I have not tried them, there are no vendors in our area, and I see that they are no longer available for sale on Epson.ca site.

My only concern is that due to the $1000 price tag, I would like to use them going forward with future versions of DJI drones, but looking at the chipset, am concerned that I would be stuck with status quo.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242