DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I keep the caching enabled and haven't experienced the lag or pixalation, but I clear the cache before each use too in Go4.

Thanks a lot for the tip, will do the same myself.
Let me know if it helps. I just updated Go4 and hope to try out this weekend.

What I can't get my head around is you have two Billion $ companies, one has a bulky and one sexy slender FPV's, if I were DJI, I would be looking to develop something in the lines of the Epson's or work with Epson as the first to go to FPV's, they seem to both have there problems, we have enough on our plate with the drone problems and please don't say that's the fun of this hobby as we are dealing with very expensive equipment and it's no fun trying to get your drone in the air when a glitch prevents you - very frustrating. I don't have this with my expensive car, television and phone etc. I would like to own the Epson's and from time to time I am sorely tempted but why should I spend my hard earned £ only to buy into somebody else's problem it doesn't make sense to me. I'm seeing enthusiasts attaching fans and all kinds of parafinalia to get round inadequacies. I look forward to all your replies.

What I can't get my head around is you have two Billion $ companies, one has a bulky and one sexy slender FPV's, if I were DJI, I would be looking to develop something in the lines of the Epson's or work with Epson as the first to go to FPV's, they seem to both have there problems, we have enough on our plate with the drone problems and please don't say that's the fun of this hobby as we are dealing with very expensive equipment and it's no fun trying to get your drone in the air when a glitch prevents you - very frustrating. I don't have this with my expensive car, television and phone etc. I would like to own the Epson's and from time to time I am sorely tempted but why should I spend my hard earned £ only to buy into somebody else's problem it doesn't make sense to me. I'm seeing enthusiasts attaching fans and all kinds of parafinalia to get round inadequacies. I look forward to all your replies.
Ken, I think you're absolutely right...but in the grand scheme of A/R and FPV, we're really early adopters. In my opinion, early adoption comes with an expectation that things are not exactly smooth.

What I WOULD find unacceptable and distasteful, is if there were no upgrade path as new components come out. In other words, if Epson took the Apple approach and changed the connectors when they released a new control unit...or something like that...that forced people to buy an entirely new setup to upgrade. That would be ugly.

You point out how large Epson is...unfortunately, that's a double-edged sword. I'm sure Epson has plenty of other fish to fry than the fledgling A/R market...and I'm sure what little budget these guys are operating with is split heavier towards research in the A/R market, than development of intermediate products. On thin budgets I tend to cut them a break when it comes to expectations.

But I don't disagree with you...the product is not cheap. I bought my 300s from B&H for 700...I'm not happy that I've felt the need to give Rochester Optical another 350 to get to where I am now (enclosures, shades, and inserts)...but I AM happy with where I am now. To me, there is little better than flying FPV and that tends to make the pain of the expense - and maybe a hot controller - fade a bit.

- Gary

Reactions: Ken Nash
Ken, I think you're absolutely right...but in the grand scheme of A/R and FPV, we're really early adopters. In my opinion, early adoption comes with an expectation that things are not exactly smooth.

What I WOULD find unacceptable and distasteful, is if there were no upgrade path as new components come out. In other words, if Epson took the Apple approach and changed the connectors when they released a new control unit...or something like that...that forced people to buy an entirely new setup to upgrade. That would be ugly.

You point out how large Epson is...unfortunately, that's a double-edged sword. I'm sure Epson has plenty of other fish to fry than the fledgling A/R market...and I'm sure what little budget these guys are operating with is split heavier towards research in the A/R market, than development of intermediate products. On thin budgets I tend to cut them a break when it comes to expectations.

But I don't disagree with you...the product is not cheap. I bought my 300s from B&H for 700...I'm not happy that I've felt the need to give Rochester Optical another 350 to get to where I am now (enclosures, shades, and inserts)...but I AM happy with where I am now. To me, there is little better than flying FPV and that tends to make the pain of the expense - and maybe a hot controller - fade a bit.

- Gary
Yes, I kind of think that we agree with one another and certainly respect the points you put forward and very good one's they are too.

Hi Guys, I just bought moverio and I really like it, quality of view is amazing. But from two days I "play" with google services according to 22 page. I installing google account manager, google play services ,google play store, google frame work but I can't login to my google account for exapmple in Youtube to have access to my subscribed channels, the same is with google maps. I tried with old version the lastest verssion of google services/play store but without success :(((( when I try add google account nothing happaned I dont have possibility to put my google email /password. Could somoene explain me how to mange this ?

Reactions: chuck1026
Hi Guys, I just bought moverio and I really like it, quality of view is amazing. But from two days I "play" with google services according to 22 page. I installing google account manager, google play services ,google play store, google frame work but I can't login to my google account for exapmple in Youtube to have access to my subscribed channels, the same is with google maps. I tried with old version the lastest verssion of google services/play store but without success :(((( when I try add google account nothing happaned I dont have possibility to put my google email /password. Could somoene explain me how to mange this ?

It's tricky. I had a method that worked but when I did an factory data reset and tried again it didn't work again. Honestly you don't need Google. I found it adds some functionality but also seems to cause the processor to run warmer and use battery quicker.

Just allow unknown sources, install apkpure and load apk's with it. Most of the apps work fine that way. The Moverio Store has a cool app (360) that lets you sign into YouTube and watch standard and 3D clips. No need for Google stuff really...

Enjoy the glasses!

I know that I can install any apk without google store and I did it. I just need to login to my google account to have easy/fast access to my subsribed YT channels.
Beside flying with mavic ,moverio its excelent gadget to wacht movies/YT etc. :)
What kind of method you had ? I thing google services it possible to stop when they are not need it and battery will be less drain and start again when you need.

BTW before I have more than one year Glyph and I liked but moverio is much much higher level :) They are very comfortable for me and this crystal view is amazing!

Did someone heard about this new verssion BT35-E:

It looks like have the same linking cable to glasses so maybe it will be compatible with BT-350 and maybe hardware will be more stronger than in BT-350...

I know that I can install any apk without google store and I did it. I just need to login to my google account to have easy/fast access to my subsribed YT channels.
Beside flying with mavic ,moverio its excelent gadget to wacht movies/YT etc. :)
What kind of method you had ? I thing google services it possible to stop when they are not need it and battery will be less drain and start again when you need.

BTW before I have more than one year Glyph and I liked but moverio is much much higher level :) They are very comfortable for me and this crystal view is amazing!

Did someone heard about this new verssion BT35-E:

It looks like have the same linking cable to glasses so maybe it will be compatible with BT-350 and maybe hardware will be more stronger than in BT-350...

Download the Video 360 app from Moverio Market. It's icon is a red circle. Once you open it you will be able to sign into Google once and then YouTube works fine. If you make your Browser homepage Google.com and sign in you can get to your photos, drive, etc.....

Reactions: EpsonMoverio
Woooowwww thnx a lot! It's so simple :) just run Video 360 app. I spent hours fighting with YT ap :)
So basically for run Video 360 ap I don't need google servises started ,I also suspect that google services consum a lot of battery power.

Reactions: chuck1026
The Moverio Market is about to get a lot more interesting too...... Keep your eyes open for a new HUD app that's in the works (so I hear)...

The Moverio Market is about to get a lot more interesting too...... Keep your eyes open for a new HUD app that's in the works (so I hear)...
Been hearing about that for at least 18 months+. Epson's own app for DJI with head tracking, etc.... And that was from an Epson rep/employee one of their forums. I'll believe it when I see it! Too bad, think they would have sold a lot more had they followed through. Having said that, probably very hard to keep up with DJI'S development cycle.
Still like the glasses regardless. Really the best way to fly a Drone IMO. I actually started out with the moverios a couple of years ago with the previous version BT-200.

It's all good I guess in the end ;)

Woow Guys I think somthing just arrive :

We’re pleased to announce the launch of two new Epson drone apps: “Epson Drone Soar” and “Epson AR Flight Simulator”.

Others such as the auto-pilot drone app, and the screen mirroring app are all available at Moverio Apps Market.
Try out more new releases to experience the visual pleasure that Moverio brings you!

◆◆New Apps◆◆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
1.Epson Drone Soar
There are two modes available: One is for confirming drone’s position and the other is for enjoying views from drone’s camera.
You can navigate and select icons simply by pressing the physical buttons on the drone remote controller.
Let’s start the new flight experience right now!
Movie: Epson Moverio: A Safer, More Productive Way to Fly
App Details: Epson Drone Soar - MOVERIO - Epson

2.Epson AR Flight Simulator
This app allows you to fly a 3D digital drone in the real world using remote controller of the DJI’s compatible drones.
You can enjoy flying virtual Drone with Moverio even in your house.
Movie: Epson Moverio - Augmented Reality Flight Simulator for DJI Drones
App Details: Epson AR Flight Simulator - MOVERIO - Epson

3. Pix4DCapture
Plan your mission route on the simple operational interface. What you have to do is tap the “Start” button.
The drone will automatically complete the mission and take plenty of aerial photos during the flight.
Movie: Pix4Dcapture - Easily plan and execute your drone flight for mapping and 3D modeling
App Details: Pix4Dcapture - Drone

4. Air Droid
With WiFi connection, you can mirror your Moverio screen to PC and operate it.
Sending messages and files wirelessly from your computer is super convenient.
Download it to find out more!
Movie: AirDroid PC New Feature - File management
App Details: AirDroid - Tools

Already dwonloaded Epson Dron Soar and run ,looks good nice intreface :) I have just few minutes of flight I didn't have any lag/crash etc. For sure need more time/flight for say something more. You can download there offline maps :)

Too **** Funny!! No sooner than posting I received an email from Epson... The app is FINALLY posted and has head tracking! [emoji106]. Haven't had a chance to download/use it, but the interface looks promising [emoji3]
Been hearing about that for at least 18 months+. Epson's own app for DJI with head tracking, etc.... And that was from an Epson rep/employee one of their forums. I'll believe it when I see it! Too bad, think they would have sold a lot more had they followed through. Having said that, probably very hard to keep up with DJI'S development cycle.
Still like the glasses regardless. Really the best way to fly a Drone IMO. I actually started out with the moverios a couple of years ago with the previous version BT-200.

It's all good I guess in the end ;)

Yay!

I hope to be able to use it soon, however I superglued a controller button when I was trying to do a custom mod. : (

Ok Guys I flew 2 bateries with new Epson Dron Soar. For me everything was new beacuse I have moverio just 2 days and new soft arrived one day later
1f642.png
:)
Generally all looks very good, interface of app is very clear and designed for hud mode. You have two main modes "Thourgh Mode" and "Live view Mode" in each mode you have different of icons for dron options.
And here I have first problem when your dron is connected and on the ground default is "Throurgh Mode" when dron start it switch automatically to "Live view modes" and you have access for exemple to camera options and from this point I have no idea how to switch to "thourgh Mode" to have access for all dron options and for map. It's very strange for me prabobly is something very simple how to switch beteween these modes but for now I don't know how
1f642.png
:) ?
Second isseu is some battery low voltage warnings when the battery has 11-12V I my opinon is to early.
All others look very good
1f642.png
:) aaaaaaand finaly we have head tracking!!!! it's working with button C1,when it pressed you can move your head around and dron follow of your head, maybe i'st not working very smothly(I don't have expirense and comparsion to DJI Googles) maybe it need more practics or little upgrade head tracking software.
For now also there is no access to any Flight inteligens modes.

Tomorrow I'll make more filght and test.

sorry for my not so good English :)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS