DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EPSON Moverio BT-300 Review

I run Litchi and Go4 on mine and have never had any signs that the processor is struggling to cope despite the age of its chipset .. The only slightly annoying thing is, and the same is true of my Crystalsky, Google Play Services crashes all the time so you keep getting error messages up so it would be great if they were compatible but barring that slight annoyance, I think it's a superb device.

Thank you, I appreciate the feedback. Just so many polarized opinions about these glasses. I would like to try them before I buy them, to see which camp I fall in.

Northern British Columbia. No I have not tried them, there are no vendors in our area, and I see that they are no longer available for sale on Epson.ca site.

My only concern is that due to the $1000 price tag, I would like to use them going forward with future versions of DJI drones, but looking at the chipset, am concerned that I would be stuck with status quo.

I can definitely see where you are coming from. However, you run that risk with any FPV platform, especially when it relates to consumer drones. However, with the Moverio, you have a lot of added value. Everyone, please feel free to add:

1) Successfully running the resource hungry DJI Go4 along with many other apps from games, to video streaming, to industry.
2) The form factor, display, and comfort are the most versatile out there
3) There is a soon to be released flight app,developed in conjunction with DJI, that will add options exclusive to the Moverio platform
4) Being able to maintain VLOS while flying
5)

Last edited:
Got my Moverios yesterday, followed the install and updates, and aside from getting used to a new touchpad, the first short test flight was amazing. Can't wait to get weather and time to really work it.

Resolution and intuitive nature of FPV is a stunner, and even on first flight it was easy to get the translucent balance right so LOS and FPV balanced.

No lag, connects perfectly. Using prescription glasses too. Going to try contacts as well.

More to report soon, but so far I'm totally impressed and this will take my flying skills and videography results to new levels I'm convinced.

Amazon had em here in two days as well. Hate waiting for Christmas!

Reactions: genesimmons
I can definitely see where you are coming from. However, you run that risk with any FPV platform, especially when it relates to consumer drones. However, with the Moverio, you have a lot of added value. Everyone, please feel free to add:

1) Successfully running the resource hungry DJI Go4 along with many other apps from games, to video streaming, to industry.
2) The form factor, display, and comfort are the most versatile out there
3) There is a soon to be released flight app,developed in conjunction with DJI, that will add options exclusive to the Moverio platform
4) Being able to maintain VLOS while flying
5)
Is this a flight app to replace DJI GO4 or the flight sim released?

Just received mine works great with Mavic but no so much with my inspire 1v2 it stops me from going farther than 93.1’ and I loose signal within 10’ from rc. Sent email with pictures to Rochester and they told me to switch from 2.4 to 5.8 not sure about how to do that or if you even can. The warning says I need to change it n my rc and I can’t find it and no I’m not in beginner mode. I know this is Mavic forum but know one on the inspire forum had a clue. Thanks

Just received mine works great with Mavic but no so much with my inspire 1v2 it stops me from going farther than 93.1’ and I loose signal within 10’ from rc. Sent email with pictures to Rochester and they told me to switch from 2.4 to 5.8 not sure about how to do that or if you even can. The warning says I need to change it n my rc and I can’t find it and no I’m not in beginner mode. I know this is Mavic forum but know one on the inspire forum had a clue. Thanks

You might trry an earlier version of the Goi4 app on the Moverio controller. I am running 4.0.4 of the Go4 app. could be restrictions in the Go app somehow got set with your Inspire...maybe????
I just wish I could get the google maps working to download the maps I need...

Inspire 1v2 does not support 5.8Ghz so that probably not the solution for you losing range. Also if your signal loose from RC has nothing to do with BT300 as well. The buggy app of latest DJI GO 4 will only cause control and video feed delay but not signal lost.

Try this?

Reactions: FL AV8R
Hello everyone, heard some people complaining about the battery on the moverio last only and hour and a half instead of 6 and that they overheat is that true, thinking to buy them to fly with my mavic but also to sideload apps like netflix etc, is the image qualitly better than dji goggles? Bought those and ended up returning them because besides they are big also the image did not impress me at all, been planning to put the moverio on the cart for a long time but to be honest will love to at least see them becore ordering not too waste my time & money....for $700 you expect something good.

Works fine for me. as to being to big, tried the DJI goggles?
The only issue I have is the old version of "Andyroids" installed.
Needs an update, or the SDK so we can root and load a more current version.

Last edited:
I loved mine if it wasn't for the lag problem I was having I would have kept it. Android 5 and a Intel Atom 1.44GHz Quad Core is to slow for today's Go aps

That's why I ripped out the GO4 app as delivered, and loaded and earlier version of the GO4 app, 4.0.4?
Works fine. no lag, no disconnects.
I have not updated anything from my fly more since I opened the box over 14 months ago.

Reactions: bonzo
That's why I ripped out the GO4 app as delivered, and loaded and earlier version of the GO4 app, 4.0.4?
Works fine. no lag, no disconnects.
I have not updated anything from my fly more since I opened the box over 14 months ago.
You had better luck that I did. I had terrible lag and screen breakup and I don't want a device that I'm stuck with an old version of the Go4 app because it's to slow

Hello everyone, heard some people complaining about the battery on the moverio last only and hour and a half instead of 6 and that they overheat is that true, thinking to buy them to fly with my mavic but also to sideload apps like netflix etc, is the image qualitly better than dji goggles? Bought those and ended up returning them because besides they are big also the image did not impress me at all, been planning to put the moverio on the cart for a long time but to be honest will love to at least see them becore ordering not too waste my time & money....for $700 you expect something good.
If you want a picture better than the goggles, you will be sorely disappointed with the bt-300s. The picture is decent, but definitely worse than the goggles.

Oh yes, the image quality is better with the Goggles, but I use the Moverios only for framing/composition while shooting. That all it is to me, a viewfinder.
Say the Goggles, as a "Reference", they are a 10, the Epson, my opinion, a 9.
BUT, the biggest thing for me was my situational awareness.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242