DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Erasing SD card

Lets Fly

Reactions
My SD card filled up before my flight ended. Can you erase the SD card by simply reformatting and then video once more, or is that not how it works? If not
can you erase the card while in the drone,(Mavic Air)?

Reactions: Thomas B
Can you erase the SD card by simply reformatting and then video once more, or is that not how it works?
Yes, but you'll lose any video that's stored on the memory card.

can you erase the card while in the drone,(Mavic Air)?
Yes. It can be formatted here:

DJI-GO-Format-Memory-Card.jpg

If you are using a Mavic Air, double check if you were recording to the internal memory or to the microSD card. You have to specify which one to record to and which one to erase.

Reactions: NAVMAV
After reformatting both internal and SD card both were empty. Thanks Kilrah, I went to playback and it showed no photos or videos in either. Took another flight and videoed fine.

Reactions: mereflyer
I just format in my desktop after transfering the video to my NAS. Icheck the video on the NAS aft e r copying and if OK do a format.

If you are using a Mavic Air, double check if you were recording to the internal memory or to the microSD card. You have to specify which one to record to and which one to erase.

Where is the setting to select whether to record to the internal storage or the microSD card? I've looked all over and can't seem to find it.

I never re-format my SD card because that makes it much tougher to recover anything on it, in case you make a mistake and need to get something back. ("Undelete" utilities work better if the card has not been re-formatted).

The only time re-formatting is done is if you need to change the file system from FAT32 to eFAT or NTSF.

After copying the SD card's content to an external drive or other card, I simply delete the files I no longer need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest