DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error Code 10023, SD card unavailable

Midnight-Storm

Reactions
Hello, I am a first time drone pilot. Not new to cameras and filming, but still new to piloting. Watched several good, in depth, videos about the Mini 2. But ran into a problem with SD card error. I didn't think about storage card when I purchased the unit. And like most of us, wanted to dive right in and start learning and using it, once it arrived. I went down to the Kroger and got a PNY SD card that appeared to have the right specs needed. But I got an error. So I read post from other pilots with this error, and it sounded like I should try a different SD card, so I purchased a SanDisk Extreme Plus 64B, V30, U3, again the same problem. When I go into the DJI app, and go to camera settings, under storage location, there is a "format" in blue link. When press this, it then asks "Format SD Card?" I confirm, and the box goes away. Nothing happens. It doesn't even respond like it even tries. No dialogue. No, working on it. Just nothing. Do I need to try another SD card? or is there another issue? thanks in advance, James

Have you tried formatting/reading the card in your computer?

32GB should be formatted FAT32 file system. SD cards that is larger than 32GB should be formatted in to exFAT.

Link to full forum conversation...

Thanks for the replies. I have ordered in the SanDisk Extreme Pro card. Arrives tomorrow. Hopefully, it is just a picky Drone that wants, what it wants. Thanks again!

Midnight storm, long show as this was 2 years ago but I'm having exactly the same problem! Did this end up working? I've got thr 64gb sandisk extreme and still no joys, May have to upgrade again!! If your card works!

• Wow
Reactions: LoudThunder
Midnight storm, long show as this was 2 years ago but I'm having exactly the same problem! Did this end up working? I've got thr 64gb sandisk extreme and still no joys, May have to upgrade again!! If your card works!
I have a DJI Mini 2 that I bought about 2-years ago… About 18-months ago, the SanDisk Extreme MicroSD Card Extreme A1 (Red/Gold) 100MB/s 32GB card that came with the drone died.

SanDisk MicroSD Cards are all warranted for life. I contacted them and they emailed me a shipping label to return the MicroSD Free. They replaced it within a week, all at no cost.

While I was awaiting the return of my MicroSD Card, I used several old, slow, cards that I had left over from old cell phones. I still have them and I'm looking at them now and they range from 256MB to 8GB and they are made by SanDisk, Samsung, Kingmax, and Micro, and all worked. The are so old they do not even have the read/write speed printed on them…

The small size meant that I had limited photo and video storage but they all worked…

The one issue I noticed was when I shot a photo, the RED Button indicator on the Fly App, which does a sort of "clock-like" wind down was definitely slower as it took longer to write the image on these slow cards. And when I created a video, the video was more prone to have stuttering and dropped frames because the card could not keep up with the drone's download speed.

Since you posted this in the Mini 2 Sub Forum, I'll assume it a Mini 2. How long have you had it. If it is new, and you do not want to fuss with it, take it back and get a replacement. Is it under warranty of some kind, consider warranty repair.

But first, make sure it's now "User Error" pop out the card, make sure it is clean, lightly buff the contacts with a pencil eraser, not sandpaper. Reinsert it, possibly several times to make certain its making good contact.

As has been suggested previously, have you tried it in a computer or even a cell phone?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know…

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki