DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Error message

BuddyD

Reactions
So I was flying earlier today and I got a weird message that came across the screen briefly that said something like “positioning error contact DJI” that’s not exactly what it said because it kinda happened fast and I wasn’t able to really read it well. I had just updated some firmware the previous day, but my question is, is there anyway to find out what error I received like in the app flight records or anywhere because it kinda freaked me out and I can’t for the life of me remember exactly what it said?!! I was around 300 feet when it happened so I came down pretty quick and it was very early in the flight. I cautiously continued flying and didn’t have any issues but I’d love to know if I can find out what type of error I received! Thanks to any and all feedback!!!

Upload your flight to airdata (I think they still have a free account option) and you should see all in flight messages.

Have you looked at the warnings in the app screen?
Goto upper right corner at the screen, there You can se three dots. And then in left menue at the bottom you have three more dots, and after that down at that site you find warnings. It could possible be stored there.

Attachments

• 839716F7-8EBA-411B-B708-BD7CDA1E62C6.png
    839716F7-8EBA-411B-B708-BD7CDA1E62C6.png
    297.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 1970BE0E-9BFC-413B-BD9F-E5793A2B6892.png
    1970BE0E-9BFC-413B-BD9F-E5793A2B6892.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 00C9CFDE-44DE-4282-99CB-7F50B5A9D373.png
    00C9CFDE-44DE-4282-99CB-7F50B5A9D373.png
    607.7 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Danr-62 and BuddyD
Have you looked at the warnings in the app screen?
Goto upper right corner at the screen, there You can se three dots. And then in left menue at the bottom you have three more dots, and after that down at that site you find warnings. It could possible be stored there.

Thanks so much I will try that!

Better yet, upload the TXT flight log to phantomhelp. Once digested, it provides a link to post here so others can help analyze.

Online and in downloaded CSV, it will list all messages.

Reactions: BuddyD and Gindra
Better yet, upload the TXT flight log to phantomhelp. Once digested, it provides a link to post here so others can help analyze.

Online and in downloaded CSV, it will list all messages.

Thank you so much I’ll see what I can do!!!

So I’ve uploaded my flights and I can finally see the warning I got and it was “visioning positioning module data error. Please contact DJI support” now are you supposed to be able to click on these warnings in airdata, because it looks like you are but it doesn’t do anything? I’m now just looking for what this means exactly and if I really should go through the trouble of contacting DJI?!

If just the one time, could be a fluke, or OA needing calibration.
Could also just need cleaning of the OA sensors, too!
They get dirty, just like the lens filter of the camera.
Clean all of them first, before getting into a potential unnecessary calibration, on what may be just a fluke error message.

Last edited:
Could also just need cleaning of the OA sensors, too!
They get dirty, just like the lens filter of the camera.
Clean all of them first, before getting into a potential unnecessary calibration, on what may be just a fluke error message.

Thanks so much!!!

Reactions: GadgetGuy

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam452