DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Every wonder if you can fly the Mavic in a flying Jet?

TheLightSpeed!

Reactions
I wondered too! Recently I was on a private Jet. The pilot and I wondered what would happen if you started the Mavic in a moving Jet.

End result?

No GPS lock
The motors started and it can fly

It works exactly as it would in a home.

Even at 500+ mph and 50,000' the Mavic didn't get whacky because the plane shielded it from the GPS. I tried to hold it to a window too but nothing worked

Just sharing.

Reactions: MavicCpl15
Same as flying indoors. With the same well known risks of it going awry if it happened to catch a wonky GPS signal for a while, or OPTI got confused. ATTI would be fine if it was manually selectable of course.
Consider yourself lucky you didn't damage the jet, a scratch on that would cost many times the price of the Mavic :)

If everything works correctly it might even be able to correct half decently during a turn, in ATTI you'd need pilot input.

And if the Mavic would of accidentally killed the pilot going out of control it would of made carry on drones illegal. Another blight for drones. LOL

You guys know that Pilots sit in a cockpit? Right? Planes travel forward.

It was pretty cool to see. I was also trying to see if it would record the height and speed, but no luck with GPS and pressurized Cabin.

How about Space Station? Will Mavic fly onboard ISS?

And on the Moon Mavic should fly what... 6 times farther? Probably more, as there's no air resistance.

You're joking, right?

In the ISS, the Mavic would be weightless. It would fly (there's air onboard) but would likely be uncontrollable.

On the moon it would not fly. No air for the props to grab.

You're joking, right?

In the ISS, the Mavic would be weightless. It would fly (there's air onboard) but would likely be uncontrollable.

On the moon it would not fly. No air for the props to grab.

Do rockets work on the moon?

If VPS is working correctly and enabled of course it should climb with the elevator as long as it's not too fast. VPS takes precedence over baro when available as can be seen by flying over an obstacle or trying to catch.

If you’re in a car that’s traveling at the speed-of-light and turn your lights on do they do anything?
Yes - the car can approach the speed of light. If you force it to accelerate, it will gain mass and kinetic energy, but never travel exactly at the speed of light. Everything would appear normal to the car occupants. To a stationary observer, the car light would shift to shorter and shorter wavelengths as the car sped up, the mass of the car would increase, and the car would become shorter and shorter.

Reactions: MrsTreat
What about coming down in a lift, it would want to rise to keep alt according to barometer. :)

Yes! Because the lift isn't pressurized. The Cabin of a aircraft is pressurized at the equivalent of 1500' of altitude. So the drone doesn't freak out.

It was a Lear 31 so very tiny plane. It was cool.

50,000 feet huh? Why was the plane at its maximum service altitude? Just curious. Only certain civilians touch that altitude. Lear 3 sits pretty between 41-47k. Any video?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998