DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everyone still in love or returning?

I am actually liking it, take it everywhere I go. Got some extra batteries and a nice case, ND filters and off I go. It works great with my Moverio also. I'm so conflicted, I have a beautiful Mavic Pro setup, lots of accessories, great Pelican case, tons of batteries all the fixings, just haven't flown it. I fly Inspire 2's for business and I am just loving this MA. But it's one of those things, cannot bring myself to sell the MP. It's a great drone and I have such a nice setup. Sitting here looking at my GPC cases stacked up with Inspire 2's and the Mavic, then there is that little MA. I don't know, there is something about it. For personal fun use it's just nice. I love the quality of the video and the fun shots are cool. What to do. But again, I doubt I will sell the MP. It's one of those things, you collect something cool and you never let it go. I have a wall full of firearms and I shoot in competition at least one/week. But I shoot 3 or 4 primary guns and the rest are wall hangers. Like drones, you just don't sell your other stuff.

What ND filters do you find most useful? I am new at this and am trying to not spend an arm and a leg. Jealous of the Moverio :)

What ND filters do you find most useful? I am new at this and am trying to not spend an arm and a leg. Jealous of the Moverio :)

Yeah I fly the Moverio's for all of my contract work. Love those glasses. Fly them for fun also. I purchased the PolarPro DJI Mavic Air Filter 6-Pack - Standard Series off of Amazon. I use the PolarPro's on my Inspires and love them. I particularly like the polarized #4's for most work.

Reactions: sberfield
I am actually liking it, take it everywhere I go. Got some extra batteries and a nice case, ND filters and off I go. It works great with my Moverio also. I'm so conflicted, I have a beautiful Mavic Pro setup, lots of accessories, great Pelican case, tons of batteries all the fixings, just haven't flown it. I fly Inspire 2's for business and I am just loving this MA. But it's one of those things, cannot bring myself to sell the MP. It's a great drone and I have such a nice setup. Sitting here looking at my GPC cases stacked up with Inspire 2's and the Mavic, then there is that little MA. I don't know, there is something about it. For personal fun use it's just nice. I love the quality of the video and the fun shots are cool. What to do. But again, I doubt I will sell the MP. It's one of those things, you collect something cool and you never let it go. I have a wall full of firearms and I shoot in competition at least one/week. But I shoot 3 or 4 primary guns and the rest are wall hangers. Like drones, you just don't sell your other stuff.

I feel exactly the same as you...I have MP but I seem to pick up my MA first and fly it more it seems...I think its because of it being way more portable or could be the quick shots are cool , or it could be I ike the video production better...hard to say which is the real reason why I fly it more then MP...perhaps because its stil new and like any toy , it will eventually take the back seat until the next new drone comes out...like I need another like I need a hole in my head!! ..Hey Speaking about ND filters, how about new ones came out recently from FS labs...I have heard about hem?

Well mines great....better camera then my P3A and P4 normal....better features ...fits in my pocket and as yet I've yet to see any lag issues that I didn't already get with my ocusync P3A and P4...
Yesterday it out ranged my P3A ....the P3A died at 5000 in a high interference suburban area where the Air was still in full control at close to 6000 feet and could have done more for sure.
I'm in UK but I've managed to get mine into FCC mode from day 1 ......i have yet to see any range issues that some folk are having.........

In love... but only since running with the FCC mod - CE was too limiting.

I'll be checking out the MP2 (against marital advice) but will probably stick with MA just for sheer portability. Being able to transport *everything* in the FMC bag (even after adding a fourth battery!) is just incredible.

In love... but only since running with the FCC mod - CE was too limiting.

I'll be checking out the MP2 (against marital advice) but will probably stick with MA just for sheer portability. Being able to transport *everything* in the FMC bag (even after adding a fourth battery!) is just incredible.
Has the mp2 details been released?

I have used 4 in bright overcast (clouds with sun behind them but no direct sun), 8 in reasonable sun and 16 in snow but have seen others on here discussing the use of 32/64 for bright sun (ie on a beach), etc.

Last edited:
So now that I've had a chance to really use my MA a bunch and compare and contrast it to my other DJI drones, I'm more in the "not loving it so much anymore". I wouldn't return it even if I could, but the more I use it, the less I like it. And when I was dismissive of people saying its just a "Spark Pro", I tend to agree now.

While the camera is definitely better than the Spark and marginally better than the Mavic Pro, I think one has to be serious about their AP to make that the biggest reason to buy the MA. I'm not a photographer but enjoy taking pictures and videos with my drone and sharing, its hard for me to tell the difference between pictures/videos I've shot with my MP or MA. I have a 4k computer too..

What I'm not liking about my MA;
  • In Wifi dense areas like the 'burbs where I live, range is very limited. Its hardly better than the Spark. I constantly get the "interference" warning message
  • Video lag is bad. Again this has to do with the dense Wifi environments. Its fine in open areas, but the screen can leg by a second. I don't have this problem with my MP and I'm using the same Ipad Mini 4
  • 50% of the time flying from the exact same place I fly, I'll be asked to calibrate the compass. My MP and Spark has only asked me to do a CC a couple of times and that wasn't even when I travelled with either.
I find the Intelligent modes to be cool "party tricks" and just used them to see what they did and how they worked. The rear facing sensors are nice but I fly LOS and 95% of the time aware of the environment I'm flying in...

So for me, the MA is probably going to be a shelf queen. I'll grab my MP before the MA... Just my .02....

Reactions: MikeMauk
First time owner and couldn’t be happier. The Mavic Pro is out of date and the spark isn’t for me. I read a ton of material on the air before purchase.

Reactions: philh24
First time owner as well and the Air is a SOLID unit. Many of the people with a Mavic Pro keep making comparisons to the Air but it’s not meant to replace the Pro. It’s a different product line entirely. It’s for people like me who wanted a great camera, ample battery life, decent range, and some great shooting modes included - all for a great price. You can’t beat the package for just $800 and even $1000 for the fly more kit. I have no problems with range or connectivity because I’m not trying to fly this thing 3 miles away from me. It does everything I want and more. Couldn’t be happier.

Reactions: philh24
Im really loving mine more now especially with the 4hawks antenna. My hd feed is literally solid like my mavic pro. Im in the burbs this is what impresses me the most.... Did my farthest run today and didn't experience any lag whatsoever up until 2 miles. Stock i had a little lag in sports mode now i dont have any with this antenna it rocks. Makes the air more enjoyable to fly. Use this more then my pro for sure.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180306-102444_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180306-102444_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot_20180306-101805.jpg
    Screenshot_20180306-101805.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
  • 20180305_165505.jpg
    20180305_165505.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 46
MP sold, Air is a keeper, no doubts..<pictures>

Ah, orange WrapGrade? I got black bumpy camo!

0cVZwqa.jpg

So now that I've had a chance to really use my MA a bunch and compare and contrast it to my other DJI drones, I'm more in the "not loving it so much anymore". I wouldn't return it even if I could, but the more I use it, the less I like it. And when I was dismissive of people saying its just a "Spark Pro", I tend to agree now.

While the camera is definitely better than the Spark and marginally better than the Mavic Pro, I think one has to be serious about their AP to make that the biggest reason to buy the MA. I'm not a photographer but enjoy taking pictures and videos with my drone and sharing, its hard for me to tell the difference between pictures/videos I've shot with my MP or MA. I have a 4k computer too..

What I'm not liking about my MA;
  • In Wifi dense areas like the 'burbs where I live, range is very limited. Its hardly better than the Spark. I constantly get the "interference" warning message
  • Video lag is bad. Again this has to do with the dense Wifi environments. Its fine in open areas, but the screen can leg by a second. I don't have this problem with my MP and I'm using the same Ipad Mini 4
  • 50% of the time flying from the exact same place I fly, I'll be asked to calibrate the compass. My MP and Spark has only asked me to do a CC a couple of times and that wasn't even when I travelled with either.
I find the Intelligent modes to be cool "party tricks" and just used them to see what they did and how they worked. The rear facing sensors are nice but I fly LOS and 95% of the time aware of the environment I'm flying in...

So for me, the MA is probably going to be a shelf queen. I'll grab my MP before the MA... Just my .02....

100%. I made a post with similar complaints the other day. As soon as the MP2 is announced this one will be sold. The video lag is too much for me to get decent flying in while shooting video.

Reactions: MavicMo
I bought an iCarbons skin for my Air and had it on for about 2 weeks. My wife didn’t know I bought one and order a Decal Girl skin for me. The iCarbons skin, in my opinion, has a better feel to it and it’s thicker. The Decal Girl skin is thinner and have a matte paper feeling finish on it. Liking the iCarbons skin much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djionas