DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Example of stupidity

I was responding to GunsmokeNC post about never looking at the drone. What did you take personal from my post? I actually stated loosing LOS and using that app to require in my post. Along with purchasing a stobe to assist visual tracking. So I'm confused as to what your question/comment is regarding to.

I was responding to GunsmokeNC post about never looking at the drone. What did you take personal from my post? I actually stated loosing LOS and using that app to require in my post. Along with purchasing a stobe to assist visual tracking. So I'm confused as to what your question/comment is regarding to.
Thank you for clarifying what your original post was related to, as a reference was missing from that post. I mistakenly assumed it was to my preceding post.

I took no offence to your post....merely asked for clarification. And I too use strobes....4 of them.

Sorry if I inadvertently upset you.

(Just saw Erics reply above.)

(Was going to say) It could be the terminology too.
LOS is simply a direct line between controller / pilot, and the drone, it could be 200' away, or 2 miles away and still have LOS.
VLOS is seeing the drone with your own eyes at all times (spectacles permitted).

It's an important distinction in these sorts of discussions, but usually people know what is meant :)

It is very easy to look down, then up and lose aircraft visual, and I agree a strobe(s) is a great way to overcome this.
A bright skin might also help, but hard to get something to stand out on sky and background colours.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet