DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Exciting times - Mavic Mini is now working on the Crystalsky

lannes

Reactions
When using the latest version of Ltichi loaded via the Amazon app store onto the Crystal Sky it is now working with the Mavic Mini 1. You have to use the Amazon app store version (requires purchase) on the CS, just follow the instructions for DJI Monitors on the Litchi web page DJI Monitors (Smart Controller, CrystalSky, Phantom 4 Screens) - Litchi

Looks like the CS is going to have an extended life once the new DJI SDK's for the MM2 and MA2 are adapted to Litchi.
Even way-points will be supported in a future Litchi release.

I'm using an OTG cable to connect the DJI CS mount USB-C port to the MM1 remote controller

Last edited:
Reactions: gppms and Thomas B
Would you recommend the UB or HB? I want the UB but I am spooked by the well-known issues. I am tortured by this decision.

What drone are you using it with ?

Would you recommend the UB or HB? I want the UB but I am spooked by the well-known issues. I am tortured by this decision.
High brightness is what I use.. save the $300 extra dollars. There has been a problem with the UB overheating and secondarily failing. My 7.85” HB CS has not missed a beat in literally 1000+ hrs of use.

Reactions: Mavikhan

Given the age of the CS units and the lack of ongoing support from DJI, I would seriously look at the Tripletek tablet

or wait for the Epson BT-40s

The CS is still sold and supported by DJI... $749 USD for the 7.85” HB.

It's not supported from a firmware upgrade point of view, just look at all the post in the DJI forum, we're still lagging far behind on the version of DJI Go4 (4.3.16 while android is at 4.3.38). The last firmware update was Dec 2019, that not what I call a supported product. DJI are just getting rid of old inventory by still selling it

Even though I have a UB and HB I wouldn't be recommending it as it's old tech and out of date. (android 5.0)

It's better to get a tablet with 64bit architecture, 6gb of ram, 128gb of rom and 1200nit screen, this will be able to run all versions of DJI Go4 and DJI Fly for a while yet

Reactions: Mike Shock
It's not supported from a firmware upgrade point of view, just look at all the post in the DJI forum, we're still lagging far behind on the version of DJI Go4 (4.3.16 while android is at 4.3.38). The last firmware update was Dec 2019, that not what I call a supported product. DJI are just getting rid of old inventory by still selling it

Even though I have a UB and HB I wouldn't be recommending it as it's old tech and out of date. (android 5.0)

It's better to get a tablet with 64bit architecture, 6gb of ram, 128gb of rom and 1200nit screen, this will be able to run all versions of DJI Go4 and DJI Fly for a while yet
Good points.... but maybe it’s just a mature device that does what it’s designed to do... like the M2P.... each to his own.

Good points.... but maybe it’s just a mature device that does what it’s designed to do... like the M2P.... each to his own.

My issue is the lack of future compatibility from DJI's perspective, after paying so much for the CS units they are only working with DJI Go4 limiting the upgrade path to the MA2, MM2 and any future drone that uses 64bit flight software developed by DJI.

We are only super lucky that Litchi has updated their app for the MM and MA2 sdk and that it is still compatible with 32bit architecture of the CS.

High brightness is what I use.. save the $300 extra dollars. There has been a problem with the UB overheating and secondarily failing. My 7.85” HB CS has not missed a beat in literally 1000+ hrs of use.
Thank you so much. I am going with the HB. ?

Thank you so much. I am going with the HB. ?

Unless your flying a MP, Spark, MPP, M2P, M2Z or P4P V1 or V2, I wouldn't go down this path.
Even then I think your better off with a 64bit device.

I fly an old school P4 but I always like to look ahead. Which 64bit device would you recommend?

If your using DJI Go4 with the P4, then for something with a super bright screen it would have to be the Tripletek tablet. This would allow you to run DJI Fly for the newer DJI drones as well.

If your using DJI Go4 with the P4, then for something with a super bright screen it would have to be the Tripletek tablet. This would allow you to run DJI Fly for the newer DJI drones as well.

Yes well..... there were some very unusual posts on that subject earlier this week.... that have since been removed. So I am gonna wait and see how all that plays out. Thank you for the advice.

Yes well..... there were some very unusual posts on that subject earlier this week.... that have since been removed. So I am gonna wait and see how all that plays out. Thank you for the advice.

I'm actually waiting for the Epson BT-40s to replace my Bt-300 glasses, so can use DJI Fly with the glasses.
If use the full shield, you can use them in any bright lighting conditions
Here is an old video on the earlier BT-300 model which I currently use.

There isn't that many options for a super bright screen out there as the heat generated by 1200 - 2000 nits causes some problems. I've only seen the CS (UB with a lot of issues around the backlight burn out due to solder reflow), the Tripletek (not a proven company) and glasses based solutions like the Epson. Even phones which have advertised a super bright screen only offer automatically controlled peaking brightness.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada