DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Explain please

Mel 08

Reactions
Without baffling me can I ask.
I have a sd card in drone.
Go flying then can take card out and put on ipad.
All vidio and pics are on my phone as well as on the dji fly app.
Don't get it
Did i say I don't do tech?

Cheers Mel

That means the drone could not see the SD card and used internal memory to store the vid and photo. OR, the ipad could not see the SD. Such problem is not uncommon with SD cards. Could be just due to bad contacts

I can download from the sd card so must be working.
Just don't see the point of basically having everthing 3 times

I think you will find the resolution of the videos on the phone is lower than the reolution of the videos on the card. Treat them as a back up incase the drone flys away. As to why there are two copies of videos on the phone ....pass, sorry.
Is it possible that you are mistaken and there is only one of each video on the phone but that it can be accessed via two routes? There is something rattling about in the back of my head about this in a Linux file system but the last time I read anything about such stuff must be 20 years ago and I could be completely off track

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mel 08
I think you will find the resolution of the videos on the phone is lower than the reolution of the videos on the card. Treat then as a back up incase the drone flys away. As to why there are two copies of videos on the phone ....pass, sorry.
Is it possible that you are mistaken and there is only one of each video on the phone but that it can be accessed via two routes? There is something rattling about in the back of my head about this in a Linux file system but last time I read anything about such stuff must be 20 years ago and I could be completely off track
One copy of everything is in my phone gallery.
One copy of everything is on the dji fly app

Looking at pics and videos on from the gallery the quality is great
Having said that I've never done this before

Must admit
Just downloaded sd card to an ancient ipad
Played the same video simultaneously on ipad and phone
Ipad much better

Reactions: pelagic_one
Looking at pics and videos on from the gallery the quality is great
Having said that I've never done this before
In the camera settings of the MA2, there is an option to sync the full resolution jpeg photos to your connected device. I would assume that you have that option selected, so you are getting the stills copies to your phone at the same time they save to the SD card. This is not an option for videos though. I would assume that the videos you are seeing are from the cache file as others have said.

Depending on the settings used for recording the video, the video on the controlling iDevice is a lower resolution file Of at least 75%. The file copied from the SD card is full resolution.

One copy of everything is in my phone gallery.
One copy of everything is on the dji fly app
I believe the images you are looking at in your dji fly app are not actually on the app, but are accessing the videos and/or photos that are stored in the phone.

It's costing you memory to keep them cached on the phone if that's important to you

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR