DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Export flight log for use in GIS (ArcMap)

Astrid

Reactions
Is it possible to export the flight log to a .txt-file that shows x, y and z data? I want to add the data to a GIS project.

If you mean lat/long/altitude? Yes, you find this data on your tablet/phone under the GO4 folder.
Another way is to look at the EXIF data stored in the images you were shooting.

Yes, I mean lat/long/altitude. I find txt-files, but they are unreadable (for both ArcMap and myself):

upload_2018-6-4_9-4-14.png

I can add that I am using a "Mavic Pro" and a Samsung S8 Phone. The file shown above is saved under "DJI" -> "dji.go.v4" -> "Flightrecords". What am I doing wrong?

Yes, I mean lat/long/altitude. I find txt-files, but they are unreadable (for both ArcMap and myself):

View attachment 39386

I can add that I am using a "Mavic Pro" and a Samsung S8 Phone. The file shown above is saved under "DJI" -> "dji.go.v4" -> "Flightrecords". What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.
The logs are named .txt, but have binary content.
You have to convert those logs by external utilities.
One of them is DATCON.
After conversion you can have .csv or .kml files for further processing.

I don't use it very often, but when I need my flight path I just upload the flight records to airdata.com It generates a KML and you can download it and use wherever you want.

Reactions: beachcombing
I don't use it very often, but when I need my flight path I just upload the flight records to airdata.com It generates a KML and you can download it and use wherever you want.
Yep. This is what I would do.

Thanks a lot! I've tried both Methods suggested, and they work fine. Thanks again! :)

-Astrid

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird