DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Extending Dronie Range...

11jot

Reactions
Firstly, Im not a selfie guy before anyone gives me abuse.

But I do like Dronies! It annoys me how the range is only 120m, is there anyway I can change this? Is there a jailbreak for it?

Thank you!

Before you go jailbreaking an intelligent mode (if you even can) just learn to do it manually. Not that hard and then your range is unlimited.

Reactions: Callum
Need more info on what you're trying to do or have an issue with. Are you in beginner mode in the app? If so just turn it off.

Before you go jailbreaking an intelligent mode (if you even can) just learn to do it manually. Not that hard and then your range is unlimited.
This.^^

It's pretty easy with a bit of practice.

Benefits of doing it manually is obviously you can take it out further, you can record before and it doesn't abruptly end so good for reversing in edit.

Can you help me out? I like to fly manually and I'm trying to figure out how to get a Dronie-type shot manually while not holding the controller. I've got lots of photos and videos of me holding the controller, but I'd like to have a Dronie shot without it. How is this done manually?

Can you help me out? I like to fly manually and I'm trying to figure out how to get a Dronie-type shot manually while not holding the controller. I've got lots of photos and videos of me holding the controller, but I'd like to have a Dronie shot without it. How is this done manually?

Could be done by several 3rd party apps.
If you want to hack there is some going on at RCgroups.com. and youtube and others.

Could be done by several 3rd party apps.
If you want to hack there is some going on at RCgroups.com. and youtube and others.
Are you talking about extending the range, as the OP asked about? Or manually flying without holding the controller?

Are you talking about extending the range, as the OP asked about? Or manually flying without holding the controller?

Both.
Set up dronie like flight with any parameters you like - 3rd party.
or hack go4.

There are apps that will fly your mavic autonomously.
The controller could be turned off after launch, in practical use it could fly a dronie dozens of times non stop or in any way it was programed.

Explain how you are going to fly it manually without holding the controller?

There are apps that will fly your mavic autonomously.
The controller could be turned off after launch.
I think you're missing the point of my comments. I was originally replying to a post that said to "learn to fly it manually." My point was that the advantage of the built-in Dronie flight mode is that it will do it autonomously, without you getting yet another video of you staring at the controller. Kinda difficult to do that manually.

Explain how you are going to fly it manually without holding the controller?

Okay, for that you have to go to Tibet and study mind control for several years.
I have never used dronie
I thought it was a automatic program
Do you actually have to have the controler in your hand after dronie executes?
Don't you just start it?

Last edited:
Reactions: RAS666 and okw

Let someone else take the shot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest